Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parker-'I love everything about that club'

Comments

• Options
    Left charlton on 15 k per week
    Went to Chelsea on 45 k per week
    Went Newcastle on 65 k per week
    Went to west spam on 80 k per week
    Went to spurs on 60 k per week
    Went to Fulham on 40k per week
    Let's face it. That's good.
    Who wouldn't ?
  • Options

Charlton had no choice at the time other than to accept the money. Comical the amount of booing he got tonight!! Such short memories, such narrow mindedness! He was offered a job at a more esteemed 'company' that gave him more prospects and more money. Wouldn't the ones who booed him do the same? Yes, of course they bloody would!! Banal in the extreme!!

It's football mate. A sport where people like to think passion and loyalty exists.

It doesn't...much these days.

But you make it sound like playing charlton is the equivalent of being a tea lady in a boring office environment...then suddenly the president calls up, he needs an assistant.
  • Options
    He is a good pad and still had a lot of time and respect for our club despite the stick. Lay off and move on. I was as gutyed as anyone when he went, but why, because he was superb and gave 100% every game. Try remembering the good things he did rather than what might have been, after all, without him we would never have been 4th and heading for Europe.
  • Options
    I'm not a big Parker fan. He basically stitched us up to go to Chelsea. That was our best chance to get into Europe that year and he well and truly f**ked it.
  • Options

Charlton had no choice at the time other than to accept the money. Comical the amount of booing he got tonight!! Such short memories, such narrow mindedness! He was offered a job at a more esteemed 'company' that gave him more prospects and more money. Wouldn't the ones who booed him do the same? Yes, of course they bloody would!! Banal in the extreme!!

because he refused to play and train unless he got a move elsewhere!
  • Options
    The fact he charmingly describes us as a "great stepping stone" says it all
  • Options
    I didn't boo him but fair enough if people did, coining him was disgraceful though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Noticed Parker avoided the question when asked "how pleasing was it to score against your former team"
  • Options
    Certainly got it tonight...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It says it all that as his career winds down at Fulham he will almost certainly still have made more appearances for Charlton than any other club. A winner in money but with his ability in my opinion he is a loser in football. And despite the wonderful memories I have of his time in a Charlton shirt I will never respect him for the way he left and yes I did boo him tonight.
  • Options

I didn't boo him but fair enough if people did, coining him was disgraceful though.

Did that really happen?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah when they had a free kick near the corner flag next to our end in the second half
  • Options
    Fucking morons.
  • Options

• Options
    He was getting proper grief, from about 6 of our fans in the neutral bit, by the tunnel as he came off after his Sky interview at the end of the match
    He's a lot more controlled than I would be , he totally blanks all the shit thrown at him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to him he's still so good.
  • Options
    First scott Carson. Second troy Deeney. Now scott Parker.
    Bit boring and moronic really.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I didn't see him get coined but if he did that's absolutely disgraceful - and just like the Carson incident could land the club in trouble.

For what it's worth I don't hate Parker anymore. We're a selling club and we sold him for more than anyone else that we've produced, he therefore is the prime justification for our tremendous youth policy which is paying dividends to this day,
  • Options

He was getting proper grief, from about 6 of our fans in the neutral bit, by the tunnel as he came off after his Sky interview at the end of the match
    He's a lot more controlled than I would be , he totally blanks all the shit thrown at him

I remember his first game against us (for Newcastle I think) when he got pelters all game and didn't react and then vainly tried to clap the North stand as he left the pitch. Also when he scored, he ran to his own fans rather than giving it to us. I can think of lots of players who have rubbed it back in our face for a lot less.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

No matter what a player he was for, as done in his subsequent career, or the fact he did what he did was over 10 years ago, I will never forgive him.

Not saying he should be booed (leave that for the pantomime), but why should we forgive him. Most fans accept the fact we will never be one of the major players in English football, but to have the opportunity to get into Europe taken away in the manner it was stinks.

All the talk of we would all do the same in our jobs has never held for me. Of course if I was offered 3 times my salary somewhere else I would leave my current employer (although when you are on £15k a week in the first place perhaps it is different anyway). But what most decent people would do for a a company who had been as supportive to me as I had been to them would be is find a reasonable solution to leaving, not go into work and refuse to do any work and been seen as so disruptive that you be ask to leave the premises. And if I had signed a 5 year contract 6 months previously I would have been even more respectful in the same circumstances to my existing company.

But no he acted like a total idiot and yes he may have earned more than that he could have ever dreamed of, but he would earned far more and achieved a lot more in the game if he had simply waited another 4 months.

Charlton as a club have always been a soft touch, but as a plus side we are very respectful to former players. How many round of applause do we give, loads, so I think it speaks volumes he still gets pelters all these later. For all the efforts to say let's move on (including those on the clubs you tube programme who got very basic facts of the Parker case wrong on their programme this week) the bloke ruined a great opportunity for us and acted in a really poor manner

@JohnnyH2

Totally agree with this. Would not have booed him had I been there, simply because after the first time such a player returns, it seems counte-productive (indeed what was the first thing i saw when we arrived in the pub, him wheeling away after scoring).

But I will never forgive him unless he comes out and recognises why so many of us feel like we do, as you summarised so admirably there. His statement before the game shows that he still doesn't get it, and I guess he never will.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I hope the reports of Parker being coined aren't true. If there is substance in these rumours, the perpetrators have taken the gloss off of a decent noisy away following and dragged the club's name down. They need to be identified and given lifetime bans. We don't need these so called 'fans' associated with our club.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I hope the reports of Parker being coined aren't true. If there is substance in these rumours, the perpetrators have taken the gloss off of a decent noisy away following and dragged the club's name down. They need to be identified and given lifetime bans. We don't need these so called 'fans' associated with our club.

So you don't know if it happened but if it did then you are outraged (in theory).

Lifetime bans are too short in my opinion - shoot them and be done.

Did you not see the crime from your seat?
  • Options
    @PL54‌ Why do you find the weeding out of an undesirable element attached to our club amusing? Enlighten me.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What? Read what I said, don't put your spin on it 'If there is substance in these rumours'. Whether I could see the alleged incident is irrelevant! If It is true as has been mentioned on here then let the club identify them and take appropriate action. I'm sorry but I just don't get what is funny about that.