Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham vs Charlton - Post Match Views Oct '14

Comments

• Options
    Terrible first half did not turn up.. Second half can't believe we didn't get one.
  • Options
    Oh well. Utterly shocking first half, better in the second but without creating any clear-cut chances. Don't know why it took Bob until 45 minutes to change the formation up either. As much as I'd like to say that we really came out and went for it in the second half we really benefited from how poor a side Fulham are. They pressed us and disrupted our rhythm in the first but couldn't keep it up in the second which gave our midfield time to get control, and they were shambolic at the back. Despite that we never really punished them which is a massive shame. I think if we'd scored early during that period where we had 500 consecutive corners we might have been on for a point but we never looked like really twisting the knife.

The full backs were poor today, particularly Solly until the pressure from their wingers came off and he had more space. George grew into the game but needed better players around him. Bulot was decent, but wasteful and Moussa may as well not have been there. Johann showed everyone up when he came on but couldn't force the right runs from our players so it amounted to nothing. KAG terrified them with his pace but needs to learn to pull the trigger earlier. The sad thing is thinking about how much damage we could have done to them if Igor had been fit based on how they crumbled with a speedy 17 year old running at them. We really missed Johann and Igor. Cousins filled in well at central midfield and his range of passing was good. In the end though we suffered from not getting those proper chances and their keeper was only troubled by a decent Tucudean header and a sliced clearance from his own player. He looked incapable of dealing with high balls so that's another aspect of Fulham's team we didn't punish. They took their chances, benefited from poor communication and clearing at the back and a slip from Morrison who didn't deal well with players running at him today. Disappointing but without 4 of our best players from the start in a thin squad it wasn't too surprising. The scoreline doesn't really reflect the game but it does show the difference between them being able to call on Parker, Rodallega, Ruiz and McCormack, and us digging through our academy squad to make up a full bench.

Always on bloody Sky.
  • Options
    Back in the Larrik Inn. Man its hard work following this club at times. My away record is utterly soul destroying
  • Options
    6 goals for them im 4 days it takes us about 8 games to do the same says it all really. Poor showing first half, better second. And those saying wiggins was missed - no he wasnt, glad he was dropped he needs a wake up call.
  • Options
    As with Bournemouth sleepy start trying to play lazy easy pass football across our own defence and again we bring our own downfall. By the time we came to life the game had gone.

Thought Cousins was again off the pace until 2nd half, but what the game did show imo is that we are far to weak across the centre of midfield out paced and out battled in the first 30 minutes.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Was there and after 20 minutes I wanted to walk out but second half was decent. Excelltent build up play but very minimal in the final third. One of them where you could have stayed there all night and we wouldn't have notched.
    In a weird way I'm quite proud of the players for keeping on going. Seen us play worse and won.
  • Options

6 goals for them im 4 days it takes us about 8 games to do the same says it all really. Poor showing first half, better second. And those saying wiggins was missed - no he wasnt, glad he was dropped he needs a wake up call.

Seeing as Wiggins was not even on bench, I am assuming he is injured? And if you really think Fox is a better left back...
  • Options
    Upside was seeing Gudmundsson back and Ahearne-Grant creating something.
    Second half was gread stuff.
    Goal difference doesn't matter and Vetokele / Buyens back soon enough...
    Win one, lose one does it for me and 20+ chances tells a story.
    Roll on next Saturday - I think we might take Wednesday apart if we can play like that second half performance... With Vetokele on the pitch.
  • Options
    Absolute pony 1st half. Much much better second half. I'm sure if we would have scored 1 we could have nicked another.

Fans sounded very good on the TV.

KAG will be a great player. Guddy is class.

We move on.
  • Options

Seeing as Wiggins was not even on bench, I am assuming he is injured? And if you really think Fox is a better left back...
    Foot injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just back from the cinema.

Did we win?
  • Options

yes what if i do
  • Options

Nonsense.
  • Options

Strange game, as i did not feel at the end like i had just watched my team lose three nil, that second half performance other then shots on target was the best i have seen us play in the 6 or so games i have watched this season.

Our defence for once let the side down in the first half but they are so in credit i could not be too harsh on them.

The difference in the end tonight was budget, we had Tucudean & a 17 year old as our attacking threat, due to only being able to afford one star striker, they had a regular premiership player from the last 5 seasons in Rodallega, Ruiz who looked class at the world cup in the summer & a player they paid 11 million for.

So im not feeling low, we just move on and wish Igor a speedy recovery.

That says it for me
  • Options
    TBH had a mare, but Morrison's cameo showed us all why he is not starting.

Well done the fans that went but glad I saved myself £50 by not going on this occasion.
  • Options
    May upset a few on here but I'd play JoGo over Solly at the moment, (when fit) he was well off the pace and only started going forwards with 15 mins to go, far too little too late.

Tucs and KAG up top together next game if Igor isnt fit, Moussa and Wilson aren't up to it in my opinion.

JBG changed the dynamics of the game once he came on, hope he can start and stay fit.

• Options

Nonsense.
    here we go same old idiots again
  • Options
    All i need now is NLA and the reds joining in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to keep perspective. Fulham have a much bigger budget than us and better players. We've had a very good start to the season and they've had a bad one. Both clubs are in false positions in the table. There is no disgrace in losing tonight.

After a terrible start, we showed tremendous spirit and could so easily have got back into it in the second half. At times during that second half we played some nice stuff, albeit we lacked pentetration. Gudmundsson again showed quality when he came on and Ahearne-Grant was very lively.

Great credit to Bob Peeters and the players for that.

If you take the realistic view that we are a low budget, work in progress in a very competitive league with mid table a sensible, but not unambitious target, then you'd have to view tonight's fightback as very encouraging.
  • Options
    Not convinced by Moussa and bulot should not take corners. Very impressed by KAG and pleased we got back to our style second half.

Plain to see the parachute payments in action. A championship team being able to spend 11m on one player is just plain wrong
  • Options
    No surprise with that result
    Missed the first half but thought we done well second half that was the best I've seen of us this season , although Fulham have the worse defence in the Championship and we still didn't really test their keeper
    KAG was a positive and in flashes JBG was too when they came on

we'll do well to finish top half with that squad, so more than happy with our current position (which wont last)

0% top two ......... 1% 3rd-6th .........44% 7th-12th ......55% 13th-21st...... 0% Relegation
  • Options
    Forgot to add, if we can manage KAG considering his age, he really is looking like a talent, so much confidence which for a striker is vital, as an impact sub for us this season i think he will be a valued player.
  • Options
    Glad I got called out on a shout now, or I would have wished I had gone to Fury, with WayneK.
  • Options

Nonsense.
    here we go same old idiots again
    Yes, glad you admit it.
  • Options
    Mccormack was over priced but a class way above what we have to offer i am sure his wages alone will cover our starting 11 this evening.
  • Options
    Il thought moussa had a decent game and came short a lot and offered options. George had a blinder on Tuesday but I thought he was missing today.
    Second half was a massive improvement as others mentioned but we still didn't look like scoring. As for parker, he very much still has the ability, especially at this level
  • Options
    At bodeans eating away my sorrows. 3-0 harsh but obviously showed our limitations. Poor defending for the first 2 very unlike us. Not scapegoating him as we were poor throughout the midfield but Wilson was anonymous in particular. Johann and Karlan off the bench were the main highlights I thought
  • Options
    masicat said:

Unfortunately though Fulham are a very poor side.

Really?
    Would happily take Parker, Rodallega and McCormack etc.
    Their current position is misleading and I will be surprised if they are at least not near the play offs if Symons gets the job.

As for us...thought we did OK but always had the feeling that the third goal sucker punch was a possibility.

In an ideal world we would be able to get Gudmondsson properly fit and wrap Vetokele in cotton wool once he is back, as they are the sort of players that will make the difference in this division.
    The reality is that we are competing with teams with a bit more strength in depth who will be able to carry injuries better than we can.