Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham vs Charlton - Post Match Views Oct '14

Comments

• Options

6 goals for them im 4 days it takes us about 8 games to do the same says it all really. Poor showing first half, better second. And those saying wiggins was missed - no he wasnt, glad he was dropped he needs a wake up call.

Nonsense.
    here we go same old idiots again
    Funny. Reading your comments I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    Want to see Johann and Buyens in the middle of a 4-4-2
  • Options

6 goals for them im 4 days it takes us about 8 games to do the same says it all really. Poor showing first half, better second. And those saying wiggins was missed - no he wasnt, glad he was dropped he needs a wake up call.

Nonsense.
    We all thought that about you geez...
  • Options
    That first half was dreadful, carbon copy of Bournemouth last weekend. Better 2nd half but it's bewildering how one team can waste so many corners. We desperately need some more options up front.
  • Options
    If we'd played the first 45 like we did after the break I wouldn't have any complaints. Before the interval Jackson was playing 11 of them on his own.

Bob got it wrong tonight. Should have been 4-4-2 from the start with Grant alongside Tudicran.

Gidmundsson looked very sharp to me - don't know why he didn't start and then come off if he got tired.

Game may not have been done and dusted after 15 mins if he had.

Still a win and a loss is better than 2 draws so still a decent week.

Fox was very poor though. Makes you realise that even an average Wiggins is a decent player
  • Options
    Saw someone post a photo on twitter of the two teams squads from the programme... I think Fulham have 3/4 more players, on average (bar GK), in each position than we do and it just showed tonight. Most people have summed up the players tonight, if we can replicate the 2nd half with igor, KAG, wiggins, buyens and gumundsson in the mix we can win more than we lose. One thing is certain, after hearing roland this week and bob a few times talking about wanting to blood youth players I agree 100%, but there is a difference between playing a kid because they deserve they debut and playing them because they are the last option. A few more quality players will really aid the cause and there are lots of positives to take from the game and we can definitely still push on.

Lastly big ups to the travelling Addicks, support was top draw, never stopped singing!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Croydon said:

That first half was dreadful, carbon copy of Bournemouth last weekend. Better 2nd half but it's bewildering how one team can waste so many corners. We desperately need some more options up front.

This^ and if we have to wait until January to get a hold up player in, leave George up front to take the battering which Igor has been getting and no doubt has contributed to his injury.
  • Options
    Jackson my MOM until he went to LB. Bulot very poor. KAG did well but a lot to learn. Solly not the man he used to be, too soon for Fox. Thanks to the 2nd half performance not feeling too down. RD had some thinking to do
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2014
    Appalling first 15 minutes. Fulham just run through and there seemed no midfield protection for the back 4. Thought at this point that a hammering was on the cards. Charlton improved a lot in the second half and seemed to remember that they can play fast moving attacking football. Lacked quality up front. I am sure Vetekele would have scored against an ordinary looking Fulham defence. Ruiz and Rodeaga are quality and Fulham created by far the better chances. A third was always a possibility but the score line flattered Fulham.

It shows what the difference the parachute payment makes in the depth of the squad. There was more individual quality in the Fulham attack and that's why they won. With the current squad strength and depth, Charlton will end up mid to lower as it is a long old season. No fault of Bob Peeters and the team on the pitch. All that is in someone else's hands.

One positive for me though is Ahearne-Grant. KAG looks like he will be a quality striker. That was a plus for me from the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we was still playing I still don't think we'd have scored. We are so slow attacking takes 3/4 passes to get it out to the wing and we have very little up front without Igor
  • Options
    Just so frustrating that we switched off in the first ten minutes. Think we missed Buyens, Vetokele and Wiggins even more than we thought. Cousins added some pace to the centre of midfield and think I would play him with Buyens and Jackson in a three away. People overreacting both ways with Jacko now. Saying he was terrible (which he wasn't) tonight or awesome (which he wasn't).

Henderson not at fault for any of the goals. KAG, Gomez and Holmes Dennis could all be starters come next season.....

Henderson
    Solly / Gomez
    Ben Haim
    Bikey
    Holmes Dennis
    Gudmundsson
    Cousins
    Buyens / Jackson
    Bulot
    KAG
    Vetokele
  • Options
    Fighting a losing battle after being 2 down so early. Better second half, just needed the next goal and their arses would have started to tweak. Nine/ten corners in the 2nd half but none of any decent delivery.

Still 2 defeats in 14 and at the start of the season Fulham away would have been an excellent point on the board. Suck it up and bring on the massives
  • Options

Nonsense.
    We all thought that about you geez...
    I knew they wouldnt let me down oh to have a lake full of some of you...
  • Options
    No midfield cover in in first 20 min cost us 2nd half gave it a real go just lacked that little bit of quality in front of goal. Don't actually feel that disappointed as we never gave up and a little bit of luck and we might have got back into it then I think they might have folded if we had got one
  • Options

Pathetic. Two-nil down after 12 minutes due to us passing directly to the opposition in midfield and defending like Sunday amateurs. Sideways sweeping balls that the recipient can't control; Henderson hoofing it straight out of play.

Better accuracy and mobility in the second half - yet we never had the speed or guile to beat the Fulham back-four. Powder-puff attack. Fulham didn't need to exert or press: they were winning comfortably. Then another gaping hole on our defensive flank, and their attacker has the time in the box to stumble, gather himself, and rifle home: 3-0.

This catalogue of poor skills and lack of intelligence is comical: my pal, a Charlton supporter, spent much of the match laughing. Let's face it: our academy graduates and our summer buys are simply not good to compete seriously in this division.

You can tell it's half term.
  • Options
    repeating what many have already said - v.poor first half but much improved 2nd. Positives; AG, Guddy & Moussa. Negatives: George & Fox. I though JJ was our MOM and Cousins looked happier in the centre rather than out wide. However, for all you stattos out there - yes, we had lots of the ball and 23 attempts - but only 3 (THREE) on target. Very poor. 15 corners and none to the far post & most didn't clear the near post either.............wtf do they do in training every day ??

Surely even the rose tinted goggles wearers out there can see that we are in a false position & I wager that when we play Fulham at home that our positions will be reversed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forgot the main negative from the game. Who were the fuckwits chucking coins at Scott Parker?
  • Options

Pathetic. Two-nil down after 12 minutes due to us passing directly to the opposition in midfield and defending like Sunday amateurs. Sideways sweeping balls that the recipient can't control; Henderson hoofing it straight out of play.

Better accuracy and mobility in the second half - yet we never had the speed or guile to beat the Fulham back-four. Powder-puff attack. Fulham didn't need to exert or press: they were winning comfortably. Then another gaping hole on our defensive flank, and their attacker has the time in the box to stumble, gather himself, and rifle home: 3-0.

This catalogue of poor skills and lack of intelligence is comical: my pal, a Charlton supporter, spent much of the match laughing. Let's face it: our academy graduates and our summer buys are simply not good to compete seriously in this division.

Oh just fuck off you idiot
    Typical of you: deluded, ignorant and abusive. You might learn something if you watched the game closely and read the reports of intelligent observers. Kevin Nolan described our performance at Bournemouth last Saturday as "gormless".

• Options
    We have to have some perspective here, The comments Bob made after the game sum up my feelings " BP: They did well for the first 10 minutes. Out of possession we gave two balls away and they punished us. That is what football is all about and it is also a lesson for my team that you need to start, especially in a derby, more aggressive and more careful on the ball. We have a young squad and will make mistakes, but they will learn from it and we go to the next game."
    I'm glad that we didn't go gung-ho after 15 min otherwise we would have lost by more. We got back into the game, but as many lifers have said it was role reversal. A good learning curve for the team and nothing to get down about. We are a project in process.
  • Options
    First half was toilet.
    Second half had some of the best playing this season until about 20 yards short of the opposition's goal. We just can't finish without Vetokele.

But... to be positive, this is still miles better over this time last season.

KAG definately one to watch he will be a Valley crowd-pleaser. Would do well to think about the reception Scott Parker got from the Travelling Addicks - "There's only one Greedy Bastard..." says it how the fans feel it.

Happened to be my first away game and hope it's not my last. Is the stewarding always as inept?

Just need us to ditch the chite 3rd strip it's like a jinxed albatross after two games and belongs in Barcelona not on the backs of Addicks.

Have to say that in comparison with The Valley their food was dreadful. That's another thing we wouldn't have said last season.....
  • Options
    Typical TV result, not a typical TV performance. Far better than our last few performances, result far worse. Welcome to the world of Charlton Athletic....
  • Options

And I've gotta say, if you sat in P5 row J in a replica shirt....You Fucking stink. Honestly, have a wash. From kick off it was like standing next to the shit factory in Thamesmead. BO central. Woman in front of me was offering her perfume is was that bad. You were the green mist rolling in from the thames. Cheers stinky Pete.

Surely there's a GIF for this VG
  • Options
    edited October 2014

And I've gotta say, if you sat in P5 row J in a replica shirt....You Fucking stink. Honestly, have a wash. From kick off it was like standing next to the shit factory in Thamesmead. BO central. Woman in front of me was offering her perfume is was that bad. You were the green mist rolling in from the thames. Cheers stinky Pete.

I'd just like to apologise to all those around Block P Row QQ for the hideous Arse Banshees I released during the course of the first half. My lad informs me it was grim. I really shouldn't have had that Vindaloo before the game....
  • Options
    Lost the game in the first 12 mins. Watched it on sky and the fans could be heard throughout.

Ahearne-Grant made an impact but it was never enough without Igor.Can only see our paperthin squad struggling more and more as the season goes on. Credit to the players as they didn't hide and kept going.
  • Options
    --------Hendo
    Solly - TBH - Bikey - Wiggy
    --------Buyens
    Wilson------------Bullot
    --------Johann
    -------KAG - Veto

Please