Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham vs Charlton - Post Match Views Oct '14

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Posting without reading!

Do wonder slightly whether bob and his team did all the relevant research about the opposition! All you had to do was watch the football league show and you know that Fulhams strength of late has been that front three and too sit off and give them space would cause them to run riot as they did in the first 20 mins. You would also learn that their defence started the season poorly and hasn't got any better.. We should have gone into the first ten minutes looking to press them. When we get the ball run at their defense and try and expose a few weaknesses at the same time try and prevent the link up play between scotty p and the front three.. Instead we stood off them sat back and allowed them to play and dictate to us.. It ended with good bit of attacking play some defensive errors and clinical finishing..

We came out in the second half looking to play we pressed at their defence and they couldn't handle it.. We just weren't clinical enough to get anything back... igor would have been the difference but that can't be helped... think KAG from half time would have worked better and brought the best out of George! And boy what a talent he is made things happen when he came on.. that kid is going places..
  • Options

Pathetic. Two-nil down after 12 minutes due to us passing directly to the opposition in midfield and defending like Sunday amateurs. Sideways sweeping balls that the recipient can't control; Henderson hoofing it straight out of play.

Better accuracy and mobility in the second half - yet we never had the speed or guile to beat the Fulham back-four. Powder-puff attack. Fulham didn't need to exert or press: they were winning comfortably. Then another gaping hole on our defensive flank, and their attacker has the time in the box to stumble, gather himself, and rifle home: 3-0.

This catalogue of poor skills and lack of intelligence is comical: my pal, a Charlton supporter, spent much of the match laughing. Let's face it: our academy graduates and our summer buys are simply not good to compete seriously in this division.

Oh just fuck off you idiot
    Typical of you: deluded, ignorant and abusive. You might learn something if you watched the game closely and read the reports of intelligent observers. Kevin Nolan described our performance at Bournemouth last Saturday as "gormless".

We started badly and got punished. The whole team wasn't at the races and we gave ourselves a mountain to climb. You have to credit them and BP for the way they came out fighting in the 2nd half. Last season we probably would've got a similar result, but in a manner that would've suggested we surrender. We didn't have the quality to get back in it, and I think the vast majority of fans on here agree that without the likes of Vetokele, JBG starting (and dare I say we also missed Wiggins and Buyens tonight), we couldn't quite compete.

If that's the case, then at the very least you want your team to fight for the shirt. They did that, no question. We can work on the loose balls. The lack of finishing is also something I think they can and in fact are working on. Especially when you consider a lot of people on here we're bemoaning the lack of chances on Tuesday, yet we were clinical enough to get 2 goals.

Some players were worst than others. I thought Jackson was poor for just giving up on Parker after Solly's loose ball for the 1st. Fox isn't a better choice than Wiggins at the moment IMO and Bulot isn't really setting the world alight (corners were terrible).

Defence didn't show their usual commanding presence. But got better as game went on. I thought KAG and JBG were both very positive.

Yes we're all pissed off at losing, but the fight, plus the fact BP tries different things and I think attempts to get us to play a decent passing game, means we carry on proud of this season
  • Options
    Think some people need to get a few things into prospective here. We are an ok team however I don't think we will be in the top six come what May. Couple the fact we have played a team tonight that have premiership players as well as done 11 million quid on a striker in the summer.
    We are a club in progress and it will take time however I would rather see the kids coming through than mercenaries.
    There were some encouraging signs tonight and I thought George had a good game and is certainly getting stronger and adapting to this's league.
    Take into consideration we had four major players out tonight I thought we had a go second half.
    Be proud of what we have.It ain't all that bad down SE7.
  • Options
    Can't we all just be friends?
  • Options
    The reason the second half was better was because Fulham had a 2-0 lead and could sit and soak up pressure. Therefore we had possession and made chances but how many times did they look like they were struggling? It was a shite performance against a team with admittedly some Premiership quality.
  • Options
    How come that every game we've won so far this season has been by the odd goal, then when we lose its by 3 clear goals. I wager we wont beat anyone the season by 3 clear goals.
  • Options
    I will take that bet
  • Options
    Would love to know if we have any plans for corners, or if we just let whoever gets to the ball first try and float it in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pisspoor first half.
    embarrassing.
    Better in second half, but the damage had been done.
    Other than Berg, there was not much quality on show.
  • Options
    I despair.

Of Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Completely woeful start from us, first 20 minutes we went missing and were made to pay. A team can't expect to start the game like that and come away with anything. Pleased with how we came back in the second half and actually had a go, did everything but get a goal as others have said, also wilson was unlucky to with a good effort that hit the post. We were made to pay for a very very sloppy start and we can't complain. However I would not in a million years take three points if it meant our support was anywhere near as bad as Fulhams, christ they're support if genuinely horrendous. When it comes to home atmosphere their ground is a joke. Our support was fantastic and we were singing the whole game, credit to everyone who went. Definitely played worse this season than the 2nd half so I think we will still pick up a few wins in the next few games but, really, really Roland we need some investment our squad is incredibly tight and we wont achieve what we can in this league without some.
  • Options

How come that every game we've won so far this season has been by the odd goal, then when we lose its by 3 clear goals. I wager we wont beat anyone the season by 3 clear goals.

I get the feeling if we actually stuffed someone this season you would hate every second of it.
  • Options
    Last train home. I blame that stupid callipo kit
  • Options

Mccormack was over priced but a class way above what we have to offer i am sure his wages alone will cover our starting 11 this evening.

Comfortably man of the match. I'd never part with £11m with him, or anything like that, but he is such a clever player. Popped up all over the pitch, showed nice touches, and made two assists without even breaking into a sprint.

I don't think we have a forward of his quality - including Igor - but perhaps that's what you get when you chuck silly money around.

If Fulham don't go up they'll be in deep trouble soon. But they were far better than us tonight.
  • Options
    People moan that Fulham's defence was crap, but they got in the necessary blocks and just did enough to stop us from scoring.

Very heartened by the second half. Gudmunsson was different gravy when he came on.

First 20 minutes, was horiffic. The defence panicking and completely at sea. Solly was like Francis on a bad day. Also I don't understand why we allowed Parker so much room to run the show for them and ping passes around at will.

What I will say is that unlike games in the really dark days (Semedo, Racon, shite loanees etc) - this lot gave their all. Even tho some weren't very good, everyone tried and battled, and that's what counts.
  • Options

And I've gotta say, if you sat in P5 row J in a replica shirt....You Fucking stink. Honestly, have a wash. From kick off it was like standing next to the shit factory in Thamesmead. BO central. Woman in front of me was offering her perfume is was that bad. You were the green mist rolling in from the thames. Cheers stinky Pete.

I had similar problems. I was in Row JJ of P5 and there was an obese young lad in front of me drenched in sweat in some putrid hoodie. Every time he moved got this hideous sour smell straight up my nostrils. Fucking rancid!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Proud if our support tonight. Firstly, Ross McCormack didn't cost Fulham 11 mill and they will pay nowhere near that for him in total. Thought the second half was the best we've played since the first 20 against Derby but that could have been partly down to the scoreline and Fulham allowing us to dictate things a bit. Had we have scored at 2-0 however, we may well have got a point. It was always going to be a big ask to get three performances out of such a small squad in under a week. Thought Gudmundsson looked class when he came on and it was great to be singing all the way through the match despite the result. Great support! Don't think we need to over analyse this one. We move on to Wednesday.
  • Options
    Some clubs chuck silly money around and get it right... Cardiff, Forest,
    Some not so good...Wigan (Delort) Portsmouth... Oh and CAFC 2008!

We've hit gold with Vetokele and Gudmundsson (free!) and we only need to do that a couple more times to make us a real player in this division... As Bob stated the other day, we need 20 quality players and we are well on our way.
    We all know we are a lot further down the road than six months back but still we have a journey to travel and it's not going to get easier!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bilko said:

If this game doesn't show Roland to get the cheque book out for a striker, nothing will.

He can't get a striker till January because the window is closed. LOL
  • Options
    Kermy said:

Awful first half. Much better second.

There's still some hope at least. KAG looked decent.

very nippy, very skillful. start?
  • Options
    Wiggins a big miss, hope we have someone watching THD. JJ is ok in possession but a spectator without. Bikey barely won a header up top and KAG moved wide right to accomodate was a bad call. Kid was mustard. GT improving. But hey their defence was sunday league, we should have had one or more. Best ref this season but did miss a clatter in the box that would have been a pen if our guy (forget who) had gone down.
  • Options
    Just in after a long one.

Sat in the home end and amongst all the gloating and usual rubbish said. There were a few good points uttered by some of their fans around me, the first half was a completely different ball game from the second but as far as pace goes latley we have been looking very slow out of the traps. sloppy defensive errors cost us dear tonight and teams with abit of class like Fulham (of which there are quite a few in this division) will always without hesitation punish silly mistakes. Passing accuracy seemed poor to say the least in the first half.

The second half as I'm sure many have already said was a huge improvement, half time team talk definatley done the job, we were all over them for the majority of the half and the football on show was some of the best I've seen from us in a while, pace and fluidity seemed to let us down aswell as lacking that star factor when it came to finishing. Scuffed shots and hopefull efforts that lets face it wouldn't of gone in if there were three goals either side. Aside from the negativity though we did play some good passing football in the second half and if we can keep that up along with abit better accuracy I think we might be in with a shout of top six come May.

Depth of the squad needs improvement though and January will be MASSIVE for us RD please put some money in the kitty for a new striker.

Other than that had a good night, moved right by our fans in the second half and the support was cracking all game.
  • Options

And I've gotta say, if you sat in P5 row J in a replica shirt....You Fucking stink. Honestly, have a wash. From kick off it was like standing next to the shit factory in Thamesmead. BO central. Woman in front of me was offering her perfume is was that bad. You were the green mist rolling in from the thames. Cheers stinky Pete.

... could have been a little more subtle VG
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wure26PhGYo
  • Options
    An all too rare away game for me and I still had a good day

Wish we had played them in August but we were never going to get a result with the XI we had out last night.

Parker was superb but I still sang that he was a greedy bastard...

I can see Fulham still going up...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Did not turn up first half and paid the price. Much improved second half, but we are always going to struggle until we can get more players in as the squad is too small
  • Options

Much better second half. KAG was excellent, half time talk obviously worked. Drop Tucudean to the bench and play the youngsters

Short term memory loss? Great goal and assist just three days ago.
    No. He is another Pawel Abbot. Gives the odd spark but generally shite