Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans back at SUFC (agreed terms with Oldham p.25)

Comments

• Options

I think he was referring to the national side.

No I remember Chris Coleman saying he would welcome him back,

I am completely against him returning to football but someone mentioned he might go abroad to play, then someone said he cant because he would have limitations as to where he is allowed, so I was wondering if all English clubs did say no we don't want him,, but say a Welsh or lower Scottish club were stupid enough to offer him a contract, would he be allowed to go there or would his restrictions stop him.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Rothko said:
    Mucking about with an air pistol and a wheel spin aren't crimes of the century
    mucking about? He shot someone with it.

• Options
    In the groin 'by accident'
  • Options
    PL54 commented:-

'Mucking about with an air pistol and a wheel spin aren't crimes of the century'

No just things that stupid footballers can get away with!'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The chairman of the PFA came out and said that Evans had served his debt to society and should be able to go back to his employment.
    I refer back to my earlier post. Would he be saying the same if Evans had been in prison for match fixing ?
  • Options

The chairman of the PFA came out and said that Evans had served his debt to society and should be able to go back to his employment.
    I refer back to my earlier post. Would he be saying the same if Evans had been in prison for match fixing ?

Probably not given one is to do with football and the other has nothing to do with football.
  • Options

I am completely against him returning to football but someone mentioned he might go abroad to play, then someone said he cant because he would have limitations as to where he is allowed, so I was wondering if all English clubs did say no we don't want him,, but say a Welsh or lower Scottish club were stupid enough to offer him a contract, would he be allowed to go there or would his restrictions stop him.

You know Wales is in the same country, right?
  • Options

Wonder if Jessica Innis will be asking for her name to be removed from her Stand!!!

I doubt it. But it's possible that Jessica ENNIS might.
    Hill-Ennis actually..........
    Ennis-Hill. Ennis before Hill. :)
  • Options
    Q
    colthe3rd said:

Probably not given one is to do with football and the other has nothing to do with football.
    So no matter how great the crime, as long as it's not to do with football = welcome back?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Q

colthe3rd said:

So no matter how great the crime, as long as it's not to do with football = welcome back?
    Twisting my words there. My point is if it was a crime against football I very much doubt he would be welcomed back. Comparing the two isn't exactly a fair comparison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

What Sheffield United do is none of my business, but I would not want him playing for my club.

Allowing a sexual predator so close to our countries children is surely all of our business?
    While he may hardly be a role model or moral guardian, he is no danger to them.
    He's a sex offender, in my opinion that should prohibit him from working in such close contact with children.

What about other young player's that may follow in his footsteps? They will now be under his guidance.
    Should Tony Adams be banned from working from children and young players in case they all grow up to be drink drivers, and kill an innocent person on the road?
    Did Tony Adams set out to kill someone? Did he do everything he could to cover up his tracks? Did he show any remorse after the event?
    Edited

Wasn't it Evan who told the Police he'd had sex with the girl - she couldn't remember what happened. Hardly sounds like covering "up his tracks". The case hinged on whether she was competent to give consent.

Might not be a big deal to you, but if you're going to summarily condemn a man for the rest of his life at least get your facts right.
    The court condemned him. The facts are that he's a convicted rapist, for the rest of his life.
  • Options

blockquote>

I don't get this "debt to society". how has he done this. He was sent to prison firstly as a punishment and secondly as a deterrrent to him and others for doing the same thing. There is no serving of debt to society. It certainly hasn't been shown to the girl or her family where he has shown no remorse with the implication he may do the same again.

• Options

You know Wales is in the same country, right?
    And that he's Welsh?
  • Options

Evans told the Police he'd had sex with the girl because a) he had and b) it had been filmed. Could hardly say otherwise. What he neglected to say was that he didn't have her consent to do so.

What sickens me as much as the rape is the way his family, and his girlfriend's family, have hounded and publicly destroyed the poor girl concerned.

Absolutely. To the point her Dad had to come out the other day pleading with them to stop. Absolute scumbags, him, his horrible cling-on girlfriend, and his supporters.
  • Options

Evans told the Police he'd had sex with the girl because a) he had and b) it had been filmed. Could hardly say otherwise. What he neglected to say was that he didn't have her consent to do so.

What sickens me as much as the rape is the way his family, and his girlfriend's family, have hounded and publicly destroyed the poor girl concerned.

Absolutely. To the point her Dad had to come out the other day pleading with them to stop. Absolute scumbags, him, his horrible cling-on girlfriend, and his supporters.
  • Options
    Carter said:

The sad thing is he is only being discussed like this because we all know if it was the left back he would be out on his ear. Rightly or wrongly. Because this individual is/was good and let's be honest goalscorers win games Sheffield United want to win games. They have no interest in his rehabilitation they just want to get out of division 3. Same with Liverpool and them defending Suarez, United with Cantona, Lee Hughes and whoever has had the pleasure of his company. To a lesser degree luke mccormick and Plymouth he is head and shoulders the best goalkeeper at that level. If he was a reserve do you think he'd have been offered the chance to reintegrate so quickly to aid his rehabilitation?

I point you to the case of Leyton Orient and Elliot Omozusi.

• Options

It's not hounding the victim to appeal. He may well be wrong but he still has a legal right to appeal even if he loses. I understand the victim is disappointed he is appealing but she can't put any legal block on him doing so. You cannot plead someone to stop appealing if they believe they are not guilty.

For example if some one got convicted of punching me and they appealed there would be nothing I could do about them going to their lawyers and pushing for appeal no matter how much I disagreed with it.
  • Options
    His appeal was thrown out, the hounding is the shit that the scummy bstd family and friends keep putting out in the public domain
    He is a fully fledged convicted rapist
  • Options

It's not hounding the victim to appeal. He may well be wrong but he still has a legal right to appeal even if he loses. I understand the victim is disappointed he is appealing but she can't put any legal block on him doing so. You cannot plead someone to stop appealing if they believe they are not guilty.

For example if some one got convicted of punching me and they appealed there would be nothing I could do about them going to their lawyers and pushing for appeal no matter how much I disagreed with it.
    http://www.chedevans.com/

It's gone way past just appealing. They're throwing the defense's evidence out into the public to try and turn the public opinion against the woman that has been raped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jess Ennis Hill now saying wants her name removed from the stand if he gets a contract
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well done Jess
  • Options
    Good girl.
  • Options
    Good for her
  • Options
    Well done Jess
  • Options
    Jess was on the Radio the other day saying she was considering her options.

Will be interesting to hear anything the club might have to say on her view.
  • Options
    He'll never play for them.

But he will play somewhere else
  • Options
    Good for you Jess.
  • Options
    Yep, good on you, Jess