Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans back at SUFC (agreed terms with Oldham p.25)

I know this thread will probably be closed straight away but felt this needed to be talked about

Convicted Rapist Ched Evans is back training with Sheffield United
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29980279

Comments

• Options
    What a surprise
  • Options
    Oh god this one is going to run and run.

I'm out.
  • Options
    We need some nuanced and dispassionate views on this. Anyone seen Operation Pig recently?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

What Sheffield United do is none of my business, but I would not want him playing for my club.

Allowing a sexual predator so close to our countries children is surely all of our business?
  • Options

What Sheffield United do is none of my business, but I would not want him playing for my club.

Allowing a sexual predator so close to our countries children is surely all of our business?
    While he may hardly be a role model or moral guardian, he is no danger to them.
  • Options
    If anyone can find Gordon Strachan talking about things like this post it up and it sadly says it all
  • Options
    BBC report says that his appeal / inquiry into his conviction is to be fast-tracked by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, the body that examines potential miscarriages of justice.

Does anyone have any idea how long this process normally takes? Would it have been reasonable / realistic to put any football matter on hold until this was finalised or at least further down the line?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's a sex offender, in my opinion that should prohibit him from working in such close contact with children.

What about other young player's that may follow in his footsteps? They will now be under his guidance.
  • Options
    i think what kind of owner would want to be associated with a convicted rapist? Then i see they're owned by a saudi arabian, not to generalise, but the saudi's don't have a very good track record - to put it midly - with women's rights.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

He's a sex offender, in my opinion that should prohibit him from working in such close contact with children.

What about other young player's that may follow in his footsteps? They will now be under his guidance.
    Should Tony Adams be banned from working from children and young players in case they all grow up to be drink drivers, and kill an innocent person on the road?
  • Options

Should Tony Adams be banned from working from children and young players in case they all grow up to be drink drivers, and kill an innocent person on the road?
    oh okay, i see your point. Better let all those sex offenders become teachers then.
  • Options

oh okay, i see your point. Better let all those sex offenders become teachers then.
    But that's not his job. Ched Evans isn't a teacher, he's paid to kick a football. Would I want him at Charlton? Probably not, but that's the choice of the club to take.
  • Options
    There are many SUFC fans for his return and quite a few SUFC against his return. But I wonder how those SUFC fans against his return would feel if he scores the goal that earns SUFC promotion? Would be interesting to see their reaction.
  • Options

But that's not his job. Ched Evans isn't a teacher, he's paid to kick a football. Would I want him at Charlton? Probably not, but that's the choice of the club to take.
    Could a convicted rapist work as a teacher? I believe the rules should be the same for footballers, they certainly come into enough contact with children.
  • Options

There are many SUFC fans for his return and quite a few SUFC against his return. But I wonder how those SUFC fans against his return would feel if he scores the goal that earns SUFC promotion? Would be interesting to see their reaction.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

they're both working in a job that serves the community though. You made the jump that because drink driving can ruin people's lives and so can sex offenders that they're both equal. I've made the connection with a teacher and a footballer to illustrate what an absurd link you've made to make your point.

It needs to be a football-wide decision. Individual clubs or owners cannot be trusted to make these decisions because of the point i made earlier. Sheffield united, a club owned by a man who's a national in a country that believes when a woman has been raped she's the one that's committed a crime, would see nothing wrong with employing a rapist. This isn't because he's an evil man, he's just grown up and lived in a country that's warped his view on the subject. It's a fundamental culture clash which could be an arguement against foreign ownership and needs to be nipped in the bud.
  • Options
    Not sure what sort of message this sends out to female fans.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Did Tony Adams set out to kill someone? Did he do everything he could to cover up his tracks? Did he show any remorse after the event?
    Edited

Wasn't it Evan who told the Police he'd had sex with the girl - she couldn't remember what happened. Hardly sounds like covering "up his tracks". The case hinged on whether she was competent to give consent.

Might not be a big deal to you, but if you're going to summarily condemn a man for the rest of his life at least get your facts right.
  • Options
    He has served his time in Prison and like anyone else should be allowed to return to work and earn a living.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Did Tony Adams set out to kill someone? Did he do everything he could to cover up his tracks? Did he show any remorse after the event?
    Wasn't it Evan who told the Police he'd had sex with the girl - she couldn't remember what happened. Hardly sounds like covering "up his tracks". The case hinged on whether he she was competent to give consent.

Might not be a big deal to you, but if you're going to summarily condemn a man for the rest of his life at least get your facts right.
    corrected for you.

We've done this to death, think this thread should be closed.

• Options

se9addick said:

Wasn't it Evan who told the Police he'd had sex with the girl - she couldn't remember what happened. Hardly sounds like covering "up his tracks". The case hinged on whether he she was competent to give consent.

corrected for you.

We've done this to death, think this thread should be closed.

Your right - edited - one letter makes all the difference !
  • Options

He has served his time in Prison and like anyone else should be allowed to return to work and earn a living.

yes. In a cardboard factory, or any other job that's not community focussed that he's qualified to do.
  • Options

yes. In a cardboard factory, or any other job that's not community focussed that he's qualified to do.
    about 300 jobs going in Northampton that he should be qualified for.

• Options

I cant see that mate, because he is a footballer he should not be treated any different to a plumber etc.