Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans back at SUFC (agreed terms with Oldham p.25)

Comments

• Options
    Wish people would stop saying he's served his time, he hasn't. But that's down to the shithouse justice system, and that's a debate for another day.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Yep nonce, someone who.is a filthy sex case bstd like evans is a nonce

Rapist, peados none of them mix in normal jail society

Not on normal courtyard exercise

Nonce

Ched evans scum of the earth nonce

Not on normal CIRCULAR exercise. Pretty sure that's just for paedophiles, not rapists.
    Nope, it's courtyard and applies to all those nla mentioned.
  • Options
    He hasn't even the bollox to apologise to.the woman beg forgiveness and disappear from life the maggot
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I do agree it needs to be something that the people who run our game decide, it just seems bizarre to me that an individual can get banned for taking a drug that speeds up their recovery from injury/boosts their performance or something else more minor, yet in the next month or so English football will most likely be "welcoming" back into our game a convicted rapist who still shows no remorse for his awful crime against another human being.

Just to add, for me if he signed for my club, i would stop attending Charlton games, simple as that, maybe many would not but that is my personal view.
  • Options

If I was convicted of rape or even less serious crimes I'm pretty sure I would be disqualified from my accounting body membership and would find it nigh on impossible to work in my field again.

Why can't the same apply to footballers in their field? They are professionals are after all.

Also if I ended up serving a sentence for fighting at football I'd do my time but then come out and more thsn likely receive a banning order for x amount of years, stopping me watching football or travelling abroad when England play. Punishment beyond the custodial sentance.

But hey this was only rape I guess :-(

Being an Accountant is a genuine, proper profession for which one must hold numerous qualifications and uphold rigorous professional standards in order to be able to hold public trust as you will be dealing with millions of pounds worth of assets that are not yours.

A footballer kicks a bag of air around and can be called a 'professional' on the basis of winning a contract from Alan Pardew.

Not quite the same standards are required from the former as from the latter.
    I do realise that but they are members of their profession are they not? They have to be registered with that profession to play, so why can't they be disqualified from that profession for bringing into disrepute?
    How long did you study to become an qualified Accountant? My guess - at least five years through University and then work-placed exams.

That's because an accountant has extremely serious legal, financial and ethical responsibilities of the kind that can only be exercised by a fully qualified professional.

What qualifications does a footballer need to become a professional? None other than have someone offer him a deal.

Being a professional footballer is no different to being a professional Ice Cream salesman, the only qualification you need is to be good enough that someone will employ you.

The footballing "profession" has employed - as Strachan said - drunk drivers, forgers, violent criminals, armed robbers, wife beaters, drug takers, kerb crawlers and many other miscreants - so its hardly a stretch to employ Evans.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

How is a footballer any kind of community worker?

What absolute garbage.

Are Wayne Rooney or Diego Costa any kind of community workers? What crap.

If Ched Evans were a Lawn Bowls player going to play for 10K per year then nobody would care, its only because he is a footballer and going to earn 10K per week that they have the hump.

If Ched Evans is out of prison and free to pursue work opportunities then he may as well be playing football as anything else - if he can find a club that will take the risk on him.

Footballers are blokes who kick a ball around for a living, anyone who puts them on a pedestal for their children as any kind of role model should probably take a good, long look at themselves.

I would not want him at Charlton but all the talk of 'banning' him from resuming his career is ridiculous, its a decision for the clubs and they can wear the backlash if it comes.

I suspect you underestimate the level of community work expected from professional footballers. Visits to kids' hospitals, that kind of thing. I believe they do an awful lot of community stuff that we don't see. That said, I don't think he's a danger at all, but I also think he blew his chance at pro football.
    Fair enough - but pretty solvable isn't it? Just don't take him out on community work. In all honesty, Evans may be on the sex-offenders list but its a pretty long stretch to say he is a danger to children.

Bottom line is that people go to prison for all sorts of reasons, there are people on this forum who have admitted to having served at HM's pleasure - but they have all been re-integrated into society.

I personally would not employ someone with a conviction for a violent offence, but others might want to give them a second chance.
    Sure, I don't have a problem with any convicted person getting back into the world. I just think football is a special case. There's a million jobs he can be 'rehabilitated into society' through. I'd like for him to do any one of those jobs he feels capable of!
    Why is it a special case ? How are you going to legislate for this so that it's consistent and not just a made up punishment that you've come up with for Ched Evans ? Under your new, hypothetical legislation, will being a cricketer or rugby player be off limits if you've committed particular offences ?
    Like I said, 'I just think'. It's just a gut reaction that I'd rather convicted criminals should stay out of football. Drugs cheats get long term bans. Match fixers get lifelong bans. I'm not legally qualified to make any kind of claim on this, just sharing my feelings, but as a fan, I would rather football had the integrity to say that getting convicted for a serious crime ends your involvement with the sport. I'd find that refreshing.

If you want me to write this up as a legal paper, give me some time. I'll need 7 years legal training and an extra day after my bar exam to write this up for you. That cool?
    Absolutely, sounds like your thoughts could use the extra attention.
    Would you acknowledge that relatively right-minded people are at least justified in feeling uncomfortable seeing a convicted rapist playing pro sports? Let alone while while still serving his sentence?
  • Options
    The whole thing is a mess, the length of sentence, the grey area that the FA/clubs have in their rules about employing convicted players etc
    However I am keen to see the outcome of the appeal, he has his girlfriends father, who is a lawyer fronting his appeal. He may be innocent!
    15 years ago a friend of mine was convicted of raping his ex girlfriend and served 5 years. He protested his innocence all through the case and his time, saying it was consensual, but we all washed our hands of him.
    His ex girlfriend has since said privately that she made it up just to hurt him, but would not say so on record.
    He will never clear his name and has to live with being a rapist for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I should imagine nearly all right-minded people are uncomfortable, but that is neither here nor there.

He should be allowed to take any job he so chooses, that is permitted by law and is offered to him. So yes he should be allowed to play professional football.

I will of course give him unmerciful abuse if he ever plays against Charlton and I would be gutted if we ever signed him or his ilk.

Goodnight :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

How is a footballer any kind of community worker?

What absolute garbage.

Are Wayne Rooney or Diego Costa any kind of community workers? What crap.

If Ched Evans were a Lawn Bowls player going to play for 10K per year then nobody would care, its only because he is a footballer and going to earn 10K per week that they have the hump.

If Ched Evans is out of prison and free to pursue work opportunities then he may as well be playing football as anything else - if he can find a club that will take the risk on him.

Footballers are blokes who kick a ball around for a living, anyone who puts them on a pedestal for their children as any kind of role model should probably take a good, long look at themselves.

I would not want him at Charlton but all the talk of 'banning' him from resuming his career is ridiculous, its a decision for the clubs and they can wear the backlash if it comes.

I suspect you underestimate the level of community work expected from professional footballers. Visits to kids' hospitals, that kind of thing. I believe they do an awful lot of community stuff that we don't see. That said, I don't think he's a danger at all, but I also think he blew his chance at pro football.
    Fair enough - but pretty solvable isn't it? Just don't take him out on community work. In all honesty, Evans may be on the sex-offenders list but its a pretty long stretch to say he is a danger to children.

Bottom line is that people go to prison for all sorts of reasons, there are people on this forum who have admitted to having served at HM's pleasure - but they have all been re-integrated into society.

I personally would not employ someone with a conviction for a violent offence, but others might want to give them a second chance.
    Sure, I don't have a problem with any convicted person getting back into the world. I just think football is a special case. There's a million jobs he can be 'rehabilitated into society' through. I'd like for him to do any one of those jobs he feels capable of!
    Why is it a special case ? How are you going to legislate for this so that it's consistent and not just a made up punishment that you've come up with for Ched Evans ? Under your new, hypothetical legislation, will being a cricketer or rugby player be off limits if you've committed particular offences ?
    Like I said, 'I just think'. It's just a gut reaction that I'd rather convicted criminals should stay out of football. Drugs cheats get long term bans. Match fixers get lifelong bans. I'm not legally qualified to make any kind of claim on this, just sharing my feelings, but as a fan, I would rather football had the integrity to say that getting convicted for a serious crime ends your involvement with the sport. I'd find that refreshing.

If you want me to write this up as a legal paper, give me some time. I'll need 7 years legal training and an extra day after my bar exam to write this up for you. That cool?
    Absolutely, sounds like your thoughts could use the extra attention.
    Would you acknowledge that relatively right-minded people are at least justified in feeling uncomfortable seeing a convicted rapist playing pro sports? Let alone while while still serving his sentence?
    Absolutely, I don't particularly feel comfertable seeing Lee Hughes playing either. However I understand that crime and punishment needs to be applied consistently and not determined by my level of comfort.
  • Options
    Would the FA allow him to resume his football career if he had been in prison for match fixing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would the FA allow him to resume his football career if he had been in prison for match fixing.

Would they bollocks........
  • Options
    So if he was a right back or centre half, rather than a goalscorer, would there even be a debate?!
  • Options
    I'd like to think so Weegie.
  • Options
    Think you've midunderstood me, AUN - my point is that no club would be interested in taking him if he played in a less sought after position.
  • Options
    Hand on heart...how many of you can say that EVERY single man/woman/maloney that you have slept with/shagged/made love to/fucked has given you 100% clear confirmation that they approve of your advances?

Thought not.

Dont bother with work tomorrow in that case, because basically you are a nonce.
  • Options

No, or he would at least have a very long football ban, because that directly affects the game itself (the Pakistan no ball scandal a few years comes to mind, or Hansie Cronje).

It wouldn't stop him doing many other jobs though.
  • Options

Hand on heart...how many of you can say that EVERY single man/woman/maloney that you have slept with/shagged/made love to/fucked has given you 100% clear confirmation that they approve of your advances?

Thought not.

Very weird post

In answer to your question though I confirm I haven't raped anyone no
  • Options

Thought not.

Are you serious or am I having a 'whoosh' moment?
    I've never raped anyone. I've always had 100% consent when having sex and I've always assumed most people are the same. You appear to think raping someone is something most people might have done.
    I really hope I'm right and you're wrong.
  • Options
    Without wanting to make light of a serious topic, the comment by @Im_Jordans_Cousin reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4TlVRsm8v0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The court of law has found him guilty of rape and his first appeal has been dismissed so he is a rapist

I'm presuming Im Jordan's Cousin is referring to one night stands between couples who have been out on the lash where consenting adults have sex
    but he's referring to the consensual part where sex just happens and to put it crudely there is no disclaimer signed before hand to say both parties give consent to sex

As someone who has had a few drunken one night stands what could I have done if a drunken girl I had slept with said I'd raped her
    Obviously the circumstances of you having been snogging in a club etc would have formed part of the defence etc
    But part of the case would be a my word against hers

Where as in Evans case he didn't have any of the standard build up to sex that usually occurs , hence he was found guilty and his mate , who had the build up, wasn't so he is a rapist

• Options
    edited November 2014

Thought not.

Every single one of them has been a willimg partner, a rapist I am not what sort of question is that

If you've ever woken up and questioned that in your own mind you need to look at yourself not others on here

What a weird thing to post, you might want to remove what you posted

• Options
    Do you seriously think Ched Evans woke up and thought he was a rapist ?

• Options
    Luke McCormick - captain of Plymouth argyle has killed two children drink driving, and has done his time and is back playing, there's not been even nearly this much uproar.

What he's done is disgusting and if I had it my way rapists and peado's would get the death penalty, but I don't.

If he was a plumber/electrician or something he'd be able to walk straight back on site and work, so why can't he as a footballer? I get both sides of the argument as, as a footballer he'd be in the public eye etc. The fact of the matter is though, that you cannot deny someone the right to work and his profession is a footballer.
  • Options
    Yep I do if you look at the lengths he went to hide his presence in that hotel and that room, I reckon he knew that there was little to no consent and I personally believe that this is why Ched evans done it, a control a power because he is a rich footballer, and because he could, that's why he won't admit to the crime, that's why he has no remorse and if he hadn't been caught he would be doing it right now

A dirty filthy convicted rapist and he knows it his mum and dad know it everything from that point is to minimise the shame on their name and well being
  • Options

Yep I do if you look at the lengths he went to hide his presence in that hotel and that room, I reckon he knew that there was little to no consent and I personally believe that this is why Ched evans done it, a control a power because he is a rich footballer, and because he could, that's why he won't admit to the crime, that's why he has no remorse and if he hadn't been caught he would be doing it right now

A dirty filthy convicted rapist and he knows it his mum and dad know it everything from that point is to minimise the shame on their name and well being

fair enough that's what you think but didn't he go and ask at reception for a key ?? and then slid out the backdoor cos he didn't want his miss's to find out and then he told the police he slept with the girl he didn't try and deny that
  • Options
    He couldn't really deny it could he, he knew that the other player had been nicked that it was filmed by people, the consierge gave evidence

The only facts that count are that this scum was convicted in a courtesy law with a jury that found him guilty of rape a court of appeal refused the appeal

There is enough evidence to support he is a rapist, a sexual deviant, a predator towards women to agree that he probably woke up that morning knowing what he done

• Options
    Who on earth is Charlie Webster?
  • Options
    This thread.................