Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland v England

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

He said raucous, "making or constituting a disturbingly harsh and loud noise." They are extremely loud fans in South Korea.

He did say raucous, but i think most of us knew he meant it as in the intimidating sense rather than a load of screaming teenagers.
    Unlike the users on here to be ambiguous.

As much as people want to mock my South Korea suggestion, my point about that match not being one of the most intimidating is still very much true.
    Its a football forum FFS, not a lecture theater.

I'll be sure to have my thesaurus to hand the next time the mighty Colthe3rd wades in with his next edition International Football Factories.

Thanks Thomas, don't forget your homework either:

"Decibel levels of football crowds in former Soviet states" and "Discuss the impact of the renovation of the Stade de Martyrs stadium on crowd noise and intimidation levels."
  • Options
    Those Spaniards though!
  • Options
    I've just watched the highlights on the Sky website. For the first three goals of the game, Hodgson and Strachan reacted by banging imaginary cymbals together. I can't help wondering if Roy celebrated the last goal by playing imaginary maracas.
  • Options

Think that's the first post I've ever wanted to both LOL and like

• Options
    Croydon said:

But would ya' ?
  • Options
    My view as a Scottish person for what it's worth (probably not much on the basis that I've lived in England for 28 years, married an English girl and would have voted "no" if I'd have been allowed a vote).

England by far and away the better side. Balanced, pacy and skilful. The extent to which Scotland made them look good is debatable. Scotland were disappointing but not unexpectedly so. I watched the game with the republic of Ireland last week and despite the histrionics of the commentators (see below) I thought it was a desperately poor game between two poor sides. The recent upturn in form is welcome and Strachan is a class act but the fact cannot be disguised that this is essentially a championship quality team. Charlton would give them a good game so I'm not surprised that England in all their pomp won convincingly. Surprised though that Scotland were so flat.

Not getting involved in the GSTQ debate.

Btw. Most mature and intelligent Scottish people don't hate the English at all, just your commentators who are, without exception, arrogant deluded bar stewards.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Croydon said:

But would ya' ?
    Malky Mackay wouldn't.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Just searched for "intimidating fans" on google

Nice Burberry hat and school shirt combo