Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland v England

Comments

• Options
    I'm excited for this game but agree the ROI one is much bigger from a Scotland point of view. Lose that and it's going to be very difficult to recover in the qualification campaign, even a draw wouldn't be too clever.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The England/passion debate is IMO the most tedious talking point of the last 10 years or so. Basically a get out for anyone who can't be bothered to understand or talk about the real aspects of the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Going to this, can't wait.

I think 4,800 is a good turnout considering sales are strictly to away members only. The fact that the FA have deterred thousands of prospective away members from joining in the first place is another matter...
  • Options
    Currently staying with my Scottish mother, if we don't win I'll have to flee back to China!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

This fixture should not have been allowed to happen.

The wonton tearing up of the hallowed Wembly pitch and the distruction of the goal left me traumatised.

The scotch FA have never apologised or even offered to pay for the damage. Should have been banned for ever from International Football.

Funny though that for the right price the English fa are happy to let the yanks do it playing wimps rugby
  • Options
    Exactly, while trashing the pitch a few days before an England football qualifier!
  • Options
    I was in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the game, none of the Scots knew it was happening, I was gobsmacked!
  • Options
    We should smash them, can't think of any of their players who would get in our best XI.

Know a few who got tickets on their mates memberships, the whole collection thing has f***ed it all up.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Surprised we've sold so few tickets although, as you say, there's not been much hype about the game in general.

We've once again drawn a very easy qualifying group, to the extent that I'd say we're already as good as there after only three games, so that might explain a general lack of interest in the national team, but it also means that the Scotland game is effectively our most important until 2016.

Hope we smash them to pieces, suspect it'll end in an uninspiring draw.

The game is even at celtic park which you would think would add an extra bit of spice for a lot of Eng fans.
    Any north of the border addicks know if there is much hype up there?
    I guarantee they will raise their game as they always do and give us a very hard game.
    2-2.
    Surprised Rangers didn't sell out the England allocation being it at Celtic Park

They've forgotten how to get there!! ;-)
  • Options
    On the 7am train up to Scotland on the Tuesday.

Should be a cracking day, can't wait for it. Got my England flag from Northstandsteve to take up with me.

Just hoping won't spend the whole afternoon in a queue collecting my ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "You're just a small club in England...."

"You had a vote and you bottled it...."

• Options
    red_murph said:

Loads of Scot's pals that won't care either.

Yeh right!!!!
  • Options
    they won---dont have to do the £800 million in cuts like we in England did and will get a bigger say in what happens in Scotland whilst still voting on English issues----hows that not winning ?

as for the footie this has to be the first time i didnt even know the day we were playing them such is my low level of interest in the "national team"
  • Options
    I'm going with a mate from Uni. Absolutely buzzing my t*ts of for it. Pretty sure the atmosphere is going to be like no other whether it being a friendly or not. Although disappointing if only about 5k turn up if 7.5k were offered, but it will still be a stormer. This will be my first England away match as I couldn't get tickets for the Estonia game. 5'000 is still a hell of a lot though, i'm sure the atmosphere will be lively and the fact that it's at Celtic Park will add to the occasion. Yes, £50 isn't cheap for a ticket, but it isn't just that, where the FA have royally cocked up is the whole England Away Supporters Club, which you have to pay £75 for membership so even if you wanted to just go to the Scotland game you'd have to fork out £125! JOKE!!!!!

@theorganiser no suprise you're going mate seem like you follow england everywhere, fair play. I'm starting to too when I can. I'm still working on my caps as I mentioned in a previous thread, after Slovenia and Scotland I'll be on 5...
  • Options

I'm going with a mate from Uni. Absolutely buzzing my t*ts of for it. Pretty sure the atmosphere is going to be like no other whether it being a friendly or not. Although disappointing if only about 5k turn up if 7.5k were offered, but it will still be a stormer. This will be my first England away match as I couldn't get tickets for the Estonia game. 5'000 is still a hell of a lot though, i'm sure the atmosphere will be lively and the fact that it's at Celtic Park will add to the occasion. Yes, £50 isn't cheap for a ticket, but it isn't just that, where the FA have royally cocked up is the whole England Away Supporters Club, which you have to pay £75 for membership so even if you wanted to just go to the Scotland game you'd have to fork out £125! JOKE!!!!!

@theorganiser no suprise you're going mate seem like you follow england everywhere, fair play. I'm starting to too when I can. I'm still working on my caps as I mentioned in a previous thread, after Slovenia and Scotland I'll be on 5...

Went Switerzland away was a brilliant away day. Even the match was good which was a little bonus.

Where you planning on drinking before always good to meet a fellow Charlton when following England away ?
  • Options

Talking about this on the sports bar last night
    Jason Cundy said he would rather win against Scotland than on Saturday personally I think that's a load of crap.

to me its a friendly and that's all I don't care if its against Scotland who the F%%k are they.
    honestly if they beat us It would have no effect whatsoever, but if we was to lose on Saturday it could have more of an effect.

Sod the Slovenia match, this is Scotland v England. There is so much history between these two nations and years of sporting rivalries. The fact that the city in which its being played over 50% of its inhabitants voted to LEAVE the UK, A lot of Scots (particularly the football fans) have an engraved hatred of the English and given their current decent form they actually fancy their chances against us! The fact that its at Celtic Park - where a large majority of fans there would rather slit their wrists then be described as British! As well as it being the two oldest international football nations in history.

I know which fixture I would rather win. I think Cundy has got it spot on.

By no means do we want to lose the Slovenia match but let's be honest, we're going to qualify and even if we rested all our players for the game, started Hayes and Benson up front and lost 3-0 we'd still be top of the group.

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Aparently loads going up without tickets.

Always hear this - never is.
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

There was loads in Estonia. I didn't go but was told that there was thousands out there without tickets.

4000 applied for 1200 tickets.

Will be loads up there in Scotland who haven't got tickets for various reasons.
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

There was loads in Estonia. I didn't go but was told that there was thousands out there without tickets.

4000 applied for 1200 tickets.

Will be loads up there in Scotland who haven't got tickets for various reasons.

I was talking about in Scotland specifically. Loads = unnoticeable.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

To see the city?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cardinal are you going ? will the flag be about ?
  • Options

Went Switerzland away was a brilliant away day. Even the match was good which was a little bonus.

Where you planning on drinking before always good to meet a fellow Charlton when following England away ?
    Not a clue mate, never been to Glasgow before. Will there be designated pubs for England fans to drink in does anyone know?
  • Options

cardinal are you going ? will the flag be about ?

Not for a friendly - the flag has retired - too heavy to carry at our age.
  • Options

Next Tuesday - Scotland v England.

It may be a friendly (if there is such a thing in this fixture) but it's a huge game, our first trip up there in 15 years.

So why does it appear from the media and the general public that this game is not even happening, ecspecially after all the clamour for the return of these fixtures.

Not seen anything really in the media and everyone I speak to about it down here doesn't even know it's happening.

I have a ticket but England have only sold approx 4,800 when we were offered at least 7,500! Yes it's a Tuesday night, yes it's a rip-off £50 but even so!

Is this really a sign of the times that interantionl football and interest in the national team has reached an all-time low, from which it is unlikely to ever recover?

What do others think? And are any other addicks making the trip up (on either side)?

Cheers.

Thought it was down to the way tickets were being allocated plus the way England have changed their loyalty system. Sounds like they are stitching up lots of fans.

2,500 tickets left but general public can't buy any can they?
  • Options
    Yes that is certinally the underlying issue with the unsold tickets SLL. And you're correct in that only members can buy them (as has been the way for years now) and their are only circa 7k members, a figure that will dramatically drop after Euro 2016. I certinally won't be joining up again but I'll still travel to the away games I want to, like many will.

An absolute shambles of an organisation.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Anywhere to watch the game on US TV in 15 hours?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    Today's the day. Almost cost me more money on my Oyster this morning getting across London than the ticket to Scotland. 13 pound advance was a steal.

Hoping Roy will not make too many changes to the team today apart from no Hart.
  • Options
    You have to be a certain age to understand the history behind this fixture. England team will regain their support, as soon as they deserve it !
  • Options

Today's the day. Almost cost me more money on my Oyster this morning getting across London than the ticket to Scotland. 13 pound advance was a steal.

Hoping Roy will not make too many changes to the team today apart from no Hart.

Or soul or passion.