Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland v England

Comments

• Options
    I trust this somewhat limited England squad to put in the effort and understand the significance of the game far more than I would trust the previous "Golden Generation" of big name failures.

Would love to see us destroy the Jocks.
  • Options
    Hardly a blackout - it's on Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 5 and ITV...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I trust this somewhat limited England squad to put in the effort and understand the significance of the game far more than I would trust the previous "Golden Generation" of big name failures.

You mean the ones who beat Scotland 2-0 the last time we played them away? Or the ones who hammered them in Euro 96?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

You mean the ones who beat Scotland 2-0 the last time we played them away? Or the ones who hammered them in Euro 96?
    Yeah but they just didn't show any pashun did they?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

I didn't mean them actually clever clogs. The 2-0 was 1999 and, as you say, the time before that was in 1996, so 2 or 3 generations ago perhaps, but certainly not "the previous generation". I was talking about the squad that under performed and under achieved at World Cup '06 and '10 and didn't make it to Euro 2008.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

I didn't mean them actually clever clogs. The 2-0 was 1999 and, as you say, the time before that was in 1996, so 2 or 3 generations ago perhaps, but certainly not "the previous generation". I was talking about the squad that under performed and under achieved at World Cup '06 and '10 and didn't make it to Euro 2008.
    How can you say that when they didn't ever play Scotland?

Although they are seen as 'underachievers' I would trust the likes of Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard, Owen etc to know the importance of the game more so than the likes of Sterling, Welbeck, Gibbs or Berahino.
  • Options
    Almost certain that some of the starters will not have played on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

Although they are seen as 'underachievers' I would trust the likes of Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard, Owen etc to know the importance of the game more so than the likes of Sterling, Welbeck, Gibbs or Berahino.
    Who or what is Berahino ?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    WBA striker. Top english scorer in the PL this season I think? Wiki says 7 goals in 9 games.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

Who or what is Berahino ?
    It's like a burrito, only smaller.
  • Options

cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

cafctom said:

MrLargo said:

Racist

':-)'
    i don't know... kieran gibbs looks more mixed race to me

• Options
    I presume that's a good joke, which I "get".
  • Options
    Still on train -- team line up anyone?
  • Options

I presume that's a good joke, which I "get".

Andrew Marriner wouldn't get it
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Still on train -- team line up anyone?

Teams England: Forster, Clyne, Cahill, Smalling, Shaw, Wilshere, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Downing, Rooney, Welbeck.

• Options
    Teams Scotland: Marshall, Whittaker, Robertson, R.Martin, Hanley, Maloney, Mulgrew, Brown (c), C.Martin, Naismith, Anya.
  • Options
    Anya will have a blinder - just seems to be a different player for the Scots!

And is always fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Can I confess to only knowing 2 of that Scottish eleven, Marshall and Mulgrew? Anya, ain't she a singer?

Thought I was out of touch with the England team...
  • Options
    Fans were about 10 minutes in front of the players singing the national anthem.
  • Options
    Those anthems tell you everything you need to know
  • Options
    Can someone let the Scots know that our queen is still theirs....whilst they boo God Save the Queen!!

Vote no?! :)
  • Options
    Come on England, shut them wankers up.
  • Options
    Bagpipes. Words fail me.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Other half and I were discussing the same thing @‌MrLargo

They really hate us. Beating them would be highly amusing.
  • Options
    Bless the scots... They hate us more than vegetables
  • Options
    #theircupfinal
  • Options

Bless the scots... They hate us more than vegetables

Maybe if we deep fried ourselves?