Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka v England ODI Series

Comments

• Options
    SL finish on 302-6
  • Options
    Apart from the last over bowled by Jordan, we made it too easy for SL in the latter part of the innings as they finish with 302-6. Means we have to make a record total chasing on that ground.

Still, all set up for a quickfire ton from Cook!
  • Options

Best joke I've heard in a while! :-)
  • Options
    Just listened to Paul Downtons interview, what a crock of shit. The conservative selectors are holding England back in the limited overs game. Basically Alistair Cook can do what he likes and nothing changes.
  • Options
    2-1, 1.2 overs

Ali bowled by Dilshan
  • Options

Best joke I've heard in a while! :-)
    Don't know what you mean.............5 dot balls for Cook, a single off the last ball to nick the strike, then dropped at slip off the first ball of the next over.

And Ali then bowled for a golden duck.
  • Options
    I would bet it will be LBW.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Cook goes from thrusting his pad at the ball to not moving the feet at all and a last minute decision to play the ball with his bat. He looks every inch a bowling machine batsman who will dispatch anything short or at half volley length but cramp him up and he has no answer whatsoever.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Just listened to Paul Downtons interview, what a crock of shit. The conservative selectors are holding England back in the limited overs game. Basically Alistair Cook can do what he likes and nothing changes.

It's as if they see the World Cup as the end of the process rather than something to build towards...
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Cook goes from thrusting his pad at the ball to not moving the feet at all and a last minute decision to play the ball with his bat. He looks every inch a bowling machine batsman who will dispatch anything short or at half volley length but cramp him up and he has no answer whatsoever.
    As evidenced by the Chinese cut he's just played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    28-2 Hales gone in the deep
  • Options
    Brainless Hales comes down the track to Dilshan and sends it nicely into long ons hands.

Cook is seen smirking at the other end............
  • Options
    Cook edges it through the slips for four. That's his third life to date.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Cook is living a charmed life here. I reckon the Sris are letting him off the hook in the hope that he keeps his place for the World Cup, thereby weakening England even more than they already are.
  • Options
    41-2 off 10

Cook 27 (37) & Root 5 (7)
  • Options
    Cook will get 70+ in this dead rubber.
  • Options
    SL keeping Cook in to give themselves more chance of wiining. Surely Cook being in helps them.

• Options
    Cook next over . . . . . 1

That's twice he's done that.
  • Options
    Cook out caught in the slips but such is the desperation of the England captain that he won't move even though the catcher has confirmed he caught it. It goes for a review but not even the camera can save the man.
  • Options
    So that's 32 off 49 balls, twice dropped, survived a decent LBW shout and almost chopped onto his own stumps.

He probably thinks he's in form now.

51-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    32 off 49 balls- with 3/4? lives - this is just beyond a joke.
    Downton out !
  • Options
    But still his world cup place is confirmed :/
  • Options
    Taylor goes fending off a short ball, caught down the leg side.

57-4

At this rate all those who backed Cook to top score are going to be collecting. In the land of the blind he is King after all.
  • Options

Ridiculous how Cook is still playing.

I like the bloke, and I'm 100% behind him in test cricket, but this is just a farce in one day cricket now. He is not a one day batsman, or captain.

Spot on.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Cook will get 70+ in this dead rubber.

My jinxing job is complete.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Morgan is doing just as badly. Out for 4. Note to selectors, a rethink required for the World Cup.
  • Options
    Morgan given not out LBW. Reviewed and decision overturned. When it's not going for you..............

78-5 off 19.1
  • Options
    God this is grim.
  • Options
    This is the England Lions one day squad in South Africa. I reckon they would beat the first eleven.
    Bairstow, Billings, Ballance, Brooks, Lees, Lyth, Overton, Parry, Patel, Plunkett, Rankin, Rashid, Roy, Vince.
  • Options
    126-6 Buttler picks out long off in the same way as Hales found long on!