Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka v England ODI Series

Comments

• Options
    Meantime our one real shining light in the series, Joe Root, reaches another 50 making it 337 runs to date in the series at an average of 84.25.
  • Options
    Woakes gone for a decent 34 (37) with the score now at 192-7 and 111 wanted off the last 10 overs.

Root still there on 80 (97).
  • Options
    Root swiftly follows attempting a reverse sweep and the ball hits him on the back leg right in front and taking out all three stumps.

192-8
  • Options
    Now is the time for someone to become a hero.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Now is the time for someone to become a hero.....

Well it ain't gonna be Jordan because he's gone for a duck.

193-9
  • Options
    Jayawardene on to bowl. Now they're just mocking us.
  • Options
    SL taking the mickey now by bringing on Jayawardene to the crowd's joy!
  • Options

Jayawardene on to bowl. Now they're just mocking us.

SL taking the mickey now by bringing on Jayawardene to the crowd's joy!

Great minds ;-)
  • Options
    Treders puts us out of our misery by walking down the track and being stumped to give Jayawardene his 8th ODI wicket.

We lose by 87 runs.
  • Options
    Cook HAS to go.

Our ODI cricket has been pathetic for some time now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I rather fear that the 15 is done and dusted and that the selectors were just using this series to make their minds up about the likes of Taylor/Hales/Gurney/Finn/Stokes/Woakes.

Anyone want to argue that this won't be the 15:

Alastair Cook (Essex) (Capt)
    Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)
    James Anderson (Lancashire)
    Gary Ballance (Yorkshire)
    Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
    Ravi Bopara (Essex)
    Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Steven Finn (Middlesex)
    Chris Jordan (Sussex)
    Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
    Joe Root (Yorkshire)
    James Taylor (Nottinghamshire)
    James Tredwell (Kent)
    Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
  • Options
    That looks about right.
  • Options
    No Hales ~?
  • Options

No Hales ~?

I would have Hales but I reckon that they will go for safety and Ballance instead. Hales has scored a total of just 44 in his last 5 ODIs.
  • Options
    Luke Wright doing well for Melbourne again in the Big Bash League down under. Worth a punt back in our squad?
  • Options
    I don't think so personally, just hasn't got it to succeed at the highest level. Doesn't stop them picking Cook though, so you never know.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Luke Wright doing well for Melbourne again in the Big Bash League down under. Worth a punt back in our squad?

Perleeease no. Might as well play a youngster with talent, rather than someone who's had plenty of chances and doesnt have 'it' to succeed at that level.
  • Options
    That was the only sensible decision. I am glad that the selectors had the balls to make it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sense at last ..Cook is a terrific test batsman, a one dayer .. he is NOT .. all we want now is for Morgan to find some form
  • Options
    Phew, maybe this might raise the team a bit now.
  • Options
    But will he still be picked ? I hope not.
  • Options

But will he still be picked ? I hope not.

I would think he would be about No 93 on the list of people to be picked.
  • Options
    Thanks god for that, the thought of Cook struggling away for the next 2 months then bringing his terrible ODI form into the Test arena was grim
  • Options
    Great we dump one out of form captain for another in Morgan!

Should give it to broad at least he is certain of a place.
  • Options
    I'd have given it to Broad as well honestly but Morgan has a very good record as captain. Hopefully the responsibility can bring the best out of him.
  • Options

I'd have given it to Broad as well honestly but Morgan has a very good record as captain. Hopefully the responsibility can bring the best out of him.

Has a VERY good record as captain.
  • Options
    So team would be: Hales, Ali, Taylor, Root, Morgan, Bopara, Buttler, Woakes, Broad, Tredwell, Anderson

Tredwell is a solid but unspectacular performance. Perhaps we could afford to drop him where Ali and Root would be good enough to get through 10-15 overs between them on Australian wickets? Do you add the extra batsman (Ballance) or extra bowler (Jordan/Finn) or maybe even an all rounder (Stokes) or leave it as is?

Thoughts?