Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich.: Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Benty just scored for Brighton. Oh well.
  • Options
    And Bent scores for Brighton.Apparently there were goal scoring strikers available in the loan window after all.
  • Options
    when your main striker has a mare and your right winger has no right foot, your in trouble.

Igor had 5 great passes which he failed to control or get a shot off.
    Johann attempt from a great ball from Calum was poor.

That was some of our best play outside the box all season.

Other than one miss kick, Harriott had his best game this season.

Bob Peeters is blaming TBH for charging forward late on but do you not have to gamble to win home matches ?

I hear Bournmouth are giving Millwall a right bashing with attacking play down both wings.

But then they have got 4 strikers to choose from, plus 2 good wing backs.
  • Options
    The Charlton players don't seem to know "how to score a goal". They're confident with everything else but it's like they haven't studied that bit of the syllabus yet!

Some of them have scored at other clubs and we rely on them to remember what they were taught. Or maybe the coaching is fine and we just need a couple of decent strikers.....
  • Options

Anyone else see Wilson 'headbutt' their big left back near the end?

Anyone else see the inflatable doll?
  • Options
    Played well but can't finish - not much else to say.
    Pope growing in confidence.
  • Options
    It seems I was hardly alone in thinking that Igor wasn't fit. Even the inane American commentator on the stream said he was "grimacing" . I've got to suppose Bob and the medical staff know what they are doing, but as a layman I'd have thought a fit Tucudean is better than an unfit Igor, and there might be a danger of aggravating his injury.

It's all very well talking about Noel Hunt and Darren Bent but those two have been on very high salaries at their previous clubs. And as the Yank said several times, Noel Hunt' s goalscoring record at Leeds was 0 in 20.
  • Options
    Enjoyable game, played some good football as well. Both side's had chances and thought a draw would have been a fair result.

Need another striker desperately in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It seems I was hardly alone in thinking that Igor wasn't fit. Even the inane American commentator on the stream said he was "grimacing" . I've got to suppose Bob and the medical staff know what they are doing, but as a layman I'd have thought a fit Tucudean is better than an unfit Igor, and there might be a danger of aggravating his injury.

It's all very well talking about Noel Hunt and Darren Bent but those two have been on very high salaries at their previous clubs. And as the Yank said several times, Noel Hunt' s goalscoring record at Leeds was 0 in 20.

Trouble is we have no one else and a half fit Igor is better than a fully fit anyone else we have. I agree he shouldn't be playing but the temptation (desperation) is there.
  • Options
    Life just got easier for our next game..
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I thought we played some really nice attacking football, especially Harriott i thought had a good game.

We didnt deserve to lose, draw possibly a fair result.

If Igor had been fitter and controlled one of two chances he was put in through on goal, we might have taken all the points.

Also dissapointed that twice Gudmundsson chose to shoot when a pass would have found Igor in the area unmarked.

Not sure why for the last 7 minutes nearly our entire team went to pieces and seemed unable to control the ball, could see the Ipswich winner coming for minutes before.
  • Options
    Looks like some results sent our way. Looks like weel be 10th 2 off of 6th. Could be worse
  • Options
    Another forward is a must preferably someone who can use both feet , find it amazing that certain players can't use both feet , played some good football at times but we really need to start converting our chances.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    As frustrating as it was, we've only got ourselves to blame. If you can't score, you can't expect to win. We started the game with some excellent football. The passing, the movement, the awareness of one another was top rate. Some of the long range passing was perfect. The longer it went on though, the less likely it looked that we would score. The big difference for me was in the quality of the squad. XI v XI and I think we were far better than Ipswich, bring subs into the equation though and we start to look very lightweight.

On the positive side, I want to heap some praise on Nick Pope. He made several good saves today and always (well almost always) seemed to be in the right place. I think he's got a fine future ahead of him, I just hope it's with us. Thought Harriott played well for the most part too, most improved player of the week for me.
  • Options
    Everyone must see that we need a tall striker who can win ball in the air.
    If Rolly is too tight, then perhaps Bob Peeters can make a come back just the right build for us.
    Bob get your boots back on if you are not allowed to sign a decent striker!
  • Options
    A decent game, both teams played some good stuff, but were wasteful. While we missed chances, so did Ipswich.

Igor had a poor game today, his first touch let him down on several occasions when he had good situations, while Tucudean contributed nothing when he came on. I thought Callum was our best attacking player.
  • Options
    I think the team is improving despite recently being unable to score. We are competing in this league and I for one think we will be close come May. Some good stuff played today, especially first half.
  • Options
    Got to say once jacko went off we lost our shape , they took control in the middle of the pitch and dictated the last 15 mins .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gudmensen (spelling) wasted the best chance for that exact reason

Tbh losing discipline and pulling wide for no reason and leaving fox at ch, then the shocking clearance was the deciding factor in the game

Two key parts where better technique and decisions win us the game
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Could have been 4-4. Didn't take our chances neither did they. Didn't deserve to lose. Didn't see the game out with a poor clearance from our poorest defender. No need for wrist slitting we've mugged off loads of teams like this in the past, what goes round comes round. We move on to Robin Hood country next week and maybe it'll be our turn to nick it, you never know in this game.
  • Options

Tbh losing discipline and pulling wide for no reason and leaving fox at ch, then the shocking clearance was the deciding factor in the game

D he had a chance when he should have hit it with his right foot but tried to cut back onto his left , also igor had a chance when he should have used his left foot to control the ball running across him instead used his right and it rolled straight pass him really annoying mate .
  • Options
    As we were leaving we heard Mick McCarthy say 'I think we burgled it there today'.
  • Options
    F
    F
    S

That's all I've got. Most have already touched upon everything else.
  • Options
    Yes a good game but the curse of Sky remains (and the early afternoon sun was causing our defenders problem). Mugged by the tractors again, last time first minute or so, this time 94th min. Liked them as a side, very balanced and the number three will be off to the Prem soon enough. We were good value but fluffed our lines in the opposition box (again). Gud really needs to finish what he promises and also start to put some decent corners in. Coq is class and his passing, long and short, was quality. Harriott was very good today and I agree that his going off was a crucial moment. On to Forest.
  • Options
    decent and realistic Peeters post match interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30155805
  • Options
    The real cause of our defeat was the gods of football caused us to kick the wrong way. The rest is noise.
  • Options
    Not read a word of the thread. My view in two words. Fucking irritating.
  • Options
    Just as an aside - a very clean match - no cards, but also very few free kicks.
    I may have missed one, but I believe the first foul given was after 31 minutes. (I noticed this, because just before it was given, I was trying to think if there had been one yet and I don't think there had.)
    Is this particularly unusual? Only I've never given it much thought before.