Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Cardiff

Comments

• Options

How anyone can post something negative after that is beyond me. Everyone should be proud after today, the lads gave 110% in a charlton shirt and that is the most important thing.

In relation to the second half I agree - but how can anything positive be drawn from that first half performance?

• Options

How anyone can post something negative after that is beyond me. Everyone should be proud after today, the lads gave 110% in a charlton shirt and that is the most important thing.

In relation to the second half I agree - but how can anything positive be drawn from that first half performance?

The confidence of Etheridge in coming out for crosses. Apart from the goal, he caught or punched out of the box every cross and long throw in from Cardiff in first half.
  • Options

seth plum said:

On one level (thinking out loud) the impetus to applaud a player sent off is in some odd way trying to say to the remaining players 'we're still with youse lot, as we know you have to up your game now', its also a signal to the opposition that we haven't surrendered.

For most of us in the covered end I reckon the clapping was because we didn't see a studs-up reckless challenge and we were siding with Harriott. Ref was already being picky and pedantic so he had lost the crowd already - this looked like another example of him being chite. Had the challenge been obvious I suspect he would have been moaned at as he trudged off the field.
    Hindsight shows it might have been the ref's only correct decision in the whole ruddy match!
    I agree, in the North Lower we had some people clapping Harriott/questioning the referee's parentage but at the same time some giving Harriott some stick for being an idiot, but personally thought it looked a foul but not a sending off - replays suggest yes, it was a red card challenge but that wasn't entirely obvious, the ref had already shown his incompetence and the sheep sh*****s were falling over if an Addick looked at them too hard so it was not immediately obvious to me if it really was a sending off tackle.
  • Options
    Another point which should of been 3.

Cardiff did a Charlton away performance in the second half. Drop deep and invite pressure. They were a bag of nerves and shows why they have such a bad away record.
  • Options
    Could not agree more about players expressing themselves etc.

I realise this is cynical and depressing but the next game I expect us to completely revert to type... no urgency and disinterested in scoring any goals.

Please prove me wrong Charlton!
  • Options
    Simply abysmal in the first half. Approaching half time, my mate asked me if I wanted a hot bovril. I said "no, but if they've got any poison I'll have some". It was that bad.

But we were simply fantastic in the second half, battering them with 10 men and desperately unlucky not to win. Best I have seen us play this season. The stand in keeper did well but the main players for me were TBH, Johann B Gud and, wait for it, Georgie boy. He played very, very well and I desperately hope Bob sees how playing an attacking game with two strikers (and George proved he can do the job) gets the crowd going and puts us on the front foot. We are good enough to finish top half for sure, but we have to go for it more.

Despite the shit first half a brilliant day yesterday.

Supporting Charlton is like having a plain, slightly dull, stuck in a rut missus - and then she comes in looking stunning, bright, vivacious and sexy.....and you fall in love with her all over again. Magic.
  • Options

the sky reporter said Harriott was our best player up until he was sent off , which clearly contradicts with what people are saying on here

He was the only one who moved faster than snails pace, so he stood out a bit. But headless chicken when the ball went near him.
  • Options
    The best of Bob, The worst of Bob,

So to Play like A home Team with spirit we have to be 1 down and a man down ?

Bob Peeters is at the crossroads of his CAFC career and i hope he takes the path that most of us want.
    To set a team up at home in a passive way does not make sense.

The way championship football is evolving is that teams like Bournemouth and Norwich try to knock the oppos out,
    not just win on a majority decision.

The biggest illusion earlier in the season was that we were a good defensive team ?
    yes we were decent but the wins against Watford and Norwich and the draw against Wolves relied on
    those teams missing a hatfull of chances.

You can't play with 3-5-2 from the start if the 3 are all CB's ( done for pace down the wings)

George was superb with his lay offs, if only he had a partner to play alongside!
    Well true on yesterdays performance.
    we must always play two strikers up front in the champ.( in prem it is different)

I look forward to that day.
  • Options
    What a game! First half we were clueless, second half fantastic and deserved the win if only Igor had rolled the ball instead of trying to blast it! Seems to be a pattern missing stome cold sitters in the last minute but never mind so many positives from yesterday I just wished we played like that all the time. Tucudean had his bets game by far, JBG's gola was great and Tal Ben Haim was MOM for me.

One little sour note was Harriotts (well deserved) sending off cannot get my head around why people stand and applaud him off? he had just committed a nasty foul, was red carded leaving us one down with 60 minutes to play he needed a kick in the arse not a round of applause.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant believe the clear handball at around 4mins from the Cardiff player... He pretty much fists the ball away!!
  • Options
    According to some sources Bob is virtually out the door. He's also fallen out with some of the players. TBH and Buyens were mentioned. I hope it's not true.
  • Options
    Can't believe that Vetokele miss. You'd bet your house he drills it low past the keeper's right-hand into the bottom corner.

• Options
    After Harriott's red card I had that same feeling when Cardiff went 2 up against us at The Valley a couple of years ago, that it was going to be a long afternoon.

But in the 2nd half we absolutely dominated the match and I have no doubts that Cardiff fans went home being grateful for a point.

Got to say that Etheridge was very good yesterday, his handling and his positioning were spot on, also wasn't shy to offer himself to the back four for an easy pass and to keep the ball with a simple pass.

Was really impressed with Bob's formation change aswell, Solly getting to bomb forward was great to see and meant Gudmundsson in the middle was really effective.

Was impressed with George aswell, his work rate was fantastic and was brilliant as a striker to play off for the other midfielders.

Felt for Igor, the pressure to sink that last kick of the game was massive, poor finish but understand he was ill all week.

That fight in the second half would put a lot of teams to the sword in this league but it shouldn't take us to go down to 10 men for it to be found.

Only negative was the referee, whose completely ridiculous decisions for Cardiff angered me to disbelief. I'm obviously used to poor decisions against us but yesterday was a whole new level of incompetence.

Certainly a game of 2 halves.
  • Options
    agim said:

According to some sources Bob is virtually out the door. He's also fallen out with some of the players. TBH and Buyens were mentioned. I hope it's not true.

Some sources being your imagination?
  • Options
    No Callum. Two people that are employed by the club. One who sees the players on a daily basis
  • Options
    Trouble is weve got @Reserves who is evidentally close to the club by correctly stating that Pope and Fox had been dropped (and days before)... If he knew Bob's selection he'd surely know if his job isnt safe
  • Options
    agim said:

No Callum. Two people that are employed by the club. One who sees the players on a daily basis

That doesn't make the source of the information reliable though!

Could easily be something overheard and taken the wrong way or a disagreement between player and head coach blown out of proportion.
  • Options
    This is a forum with many stories both fact and fiction. I've shared something I've been by told by someone who has been bang on with pretty much everything over the last few years because of his position in the club. I don't know how reliable you want your sources to be but bar RD becoming a member of this forum and spilling the beans this is as good as it gets!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crack on @agim
  • Options
    You've gotta be pretty certain in your source to post rumours of Bob being "virtually out of the door".
  • Options

You've gotta be pretty certain in your source to post rumours of Bob being "virtually out of the door".

Not saying i agree or think Bob is out the door but would not be surprised if there has been a fall out of some sorts.

Bob hang TBH out to dry after Ipswich and might explain why we have seen a different team of late.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    agim said:

So why is he virtually out of the door?

• Options
    Kap10 said:

You should sit where I sit, the guy in front of me was full of abuse for George throughout the game, culminating with the block on the line when George was subjected to '"you c..., you're an f'ing useless c....".
    You don't sit in Block H of the North Upper by any chance?
  • Options
    agim said:

This is a forum with many stories both fact and fiction. I've shared something I've been by told by someone who has been bang on with pretty much everything over the last few years because of his position in the club. I don't know how reliable you want your sources to be but bar RD becoming a member of this forum and spilling the beans this is as good as it gets!

If your rumours are put on here in a genuine manner, no matter where they come from, I am sure most people would like to hear them. Unfortunately, there are always some, that put on false rumours and p**s everyone off. I hope you are wrong, as I would like to see BP get at least a season (providing we are not relegated).
  • Options
    Peeters is doing alright. We are not a team in freefall and if Tony Watt is a real event then positive moves are being made to push us back up the table.
    We saw yesterday that when we are assertive we do have the quality to control and dominate and I left The Valley with one of the best feel good factors since I can remember. At half time I was wondering why I'd bothered to drive down from Suffolk - at full time I was buzzing with the rest of the crowd.
  • Options
    Writing without reading.

My first trip to the Valley this season due to work, what a game, terrible first half in general but then what a second half performance, 100% proud to be a Charlton fan when the boys put on a show like that.

Bonus for me, thanks to my mates in the east and west stands who i would normally sit with being away for the holidays, meant i had an excuse for a rare chance to sit in the covered end, my apologies to anyone who had to witness my embarressing lack of control over my emotions during that second half, i was almost curled into a ball on my knees when Igor fluffed his big moment.

So glad we chanted his name after the game, poor guy was broken, i thought he was never gonna leave the pitch.

I needed a lift for the rest of the season before this game and the team certainly managed it, bring on Ipswich, COYR!

• Options
    agim said:

I've heard Bob hasn't got the best people skills, so believe there may be some substance to at least that part of what agim says