Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Cardiff

12346»

Comments

• Options
    He definitely comes across a bit myway or the highway. That's all fine and dandy when you have control over who you sign, maybe not so great if you are being given players chosen by others who you have to get the best out of because, like it not, it seems the modern footballer needs to be treated to their liking Monday to Friday if you want them to put the effort in on a Saturday.
  • Options

agim said:

According to some sources Bob is virtually out the door. He's also fallen out with some of the players. TBH and Buyens were mentioned. I hope it's not true.

I've heard Bob hasn't got the best people skills, so believe there may be some substance to at least that part of what agim says
    A bit like a Charlton victory, agim has popped up out of the blue.
  • Options
    When you look at the way we played in the second half, then think of the first half and other poor performances, it's a fair question to ask whether the players are really giving 100% for Bob.
  • Options
    Would be a strange sacking as Peeters was told in the summer NOT to get the club relegated and despite our poor run I still dont see that happening, so far as I can see the players are definitely playing for him (i.e. Saturday in the 2nd Half especially TBH who is one player who Peeters has publicly moaned about)...

KM has also said that we've one of the smallest budgets still and that being around the Playoffs earlier in the season was much higher than expected
  • Options
    This thread has taken a worrying turn, hope these rumours are unfounded. Bit worried that we'll get nothing from the next two fixtures though, which wouldn't help at all if there's any substance to this.

Re the match (and the ref), it's all been said. Let me just add that the second half performance was one of the most exciting I've seen in many a year. In the words of my son, on a high after his day as a mascot, why can't we play attacking football like that more often?
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Re the match (and the ref), it's all been said. Let me just add that the second half performance was one of the most exciting I've seen in many a year. In the words of my son, on a high after his day as a mascot, why can't we play attacking football like that more often?

So frustrating in that we appear to have the ability to play effective attacking football when we choose to do so. New Years resolution for Bob, more 3-2s, less 1-1s.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

This thread has taken a worrying turn, hope these rumours are unfounded. Bit worried that we'll get nothing from the next two fixtures though, which wouldn't help at all if there's any substance to this.

Perhaps your son should have a word with Mr Peeters!

Hope he was treated well and enjoyed his day.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

In the words of my son, on a high after his day as a mascot, why can't we play attacking football like that more often?

Because rather then be proactive, he reacts as the game unfolds. Sits on narrow leads, which we normally end up drawing, rather than killing a game of (eg Blackpool).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

AshBurton said:

Thanks ElfsborgAddick this was a fantastic experience for him (and the family) and I'd really recommend it. Nice that the club clearly goes the extra mile for its young supporters with this sort of thing. Players were great with him too. Slightly surreal for me too as I was allowed to be pitch side taking photos right up to kick off, and earlier my Dad and I also had our photo taken with the jovial giant and CAFC legend that is Bob Bolder.

Not sure about advising the other Big Bob, but in retrospect we'd all have been better served if my boy had given the ref a well aimed kick in the cojones instead of shaking his hand.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

AshBurton said:

Thanks ElfsborgAddick this was a fantastic experience for him (and the family) and I'd really recommend it. Nice that the club clearly goes the extra mile for its young supporters with this sort of thing. Players were great with him too. Slightly surreal for me too as I was allowed to be pitch side taking photos right up to kick off, and earlier my Dad and I also had our photo taken with the jovial giant and CAFC legend that is Bob Bolder.

Not sure about advising the other Big Bob, but in retrospect we'd all have been better served if my boy had given the ref a well aimed kick in the cojones instead of shaking his hand.
    Seems like father and grandfather enjoyed it more than the boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I reckon if there is a championship manager in the brown stuff this weekend it's not Bob but Stuart Pearce! 3-0 down at home to Nrum and they've spent a fortune compared to us!
  • Options

agim said:

According to some sources Bob is virtually out the door. He's also fallen out with some of the players. TBH and Buyens were mentioned. I hope it's not true.

I've heard Bob hasn't got the best people skills, so believe there may be some substance to at least that part of what agim says
    A bit like a Charlton victory, agim has popped up out of the blue.
    agim may not post particularly often but he/she has been around a while on here so has not "popped up out of the blue."
  • Options
    agim said:

I can back up this story as partial truth. That's all I'm saying.

You can't differentiate between a genuine piece of info and a WUM, but it's not intended to psyche everyone up. Just what is heard.
  • Options

the sky reporter said Harriott was our best player up until he was sent off , which clearly contradicts with what people are saying on here

I think he was.
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bob is not on the best of terms with some of the players. Not convinced that they feel any more comfortable playing defend defend defend than we do watching it.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Relegation form over the past 12 games would be enough to put a manager's job at risk.RD expects his managers to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.When that fails he blames the manager,not himself.
    I think RD has it all wrong on the football front,clubs are not a small businesses you can build up over years any more.Players do not stick around long enough and people with money spend it for quick returns.

A sound post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:

Relegation form over the past 12 games would be enough to put a manager's job at risk.RD expects his managers to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.When that fails he blames the manager,not himself.
    I think RD has it all wrong on the football front,clubs are not a small businesses you can build up over years any more.Players do not stick around long enough and people with money spend it for quick returns.

Except that a large number of clubs are making a dog's dinner even when given silk...or at least their books look like they are paying for silk! Many, many clubs are losing in excess of £10m per year including our friends in Bermondsey.

That just isn't sustainable as we saw when Pardew and the board at that time spent all of the Parachute money (and Darren Bent fee) and came up with relegation to league 1!

I would contend that CAFC is a small business with half the active fan base pre dating the departure from the Valley nearly 30 years back. The other half come from the growth years in the 90s and then the Premier League time - nearly 10 years of success.

I do agree things should move at pace in 2015 - the second year of Staprix ownership else attendances will drop, for mid-table championship football forever is not attractive - just look at our decline from 1957 - 1984. So attracting more talent next month and next summer is key.

For sure some of our best talent is only on loan or a one / two year deal so we need to keep stepping up and then we have a platform from which the club can be promoted to fans. Else we stand still or worse still go backwards.

The question for me now is how good will the 2015-16 squad be and who is the best candidate for coach for that season. Peeters has now been in charge vs every single competitor. Let's see how he does in the reverse card starting with Ipswich.
  • Options
    Good morning to you all

Was my most enjoyable home game of the season so far despite it ending 1-1. Couldn't have done more with ten men, was mightily heartened how we created chances, were first to every second ball, and the energy was just great.

Quick note on the fans 'applauding' Harriott, i mean ffs seriously what is wrong with some of our fans. That should of cost us the game that brainless activity that was just so dumb. As far as I'm concerned, Harriott can sit in the reserves for a few games, he's not even that good which makes it worse. Applauding off. Just unbeliavable.

Some brilliant performances all round, special mention for George, thought him excellent.

Quick word on Cardiff- considering they'd come down, they were shite and how long did they take over throw ins. Something had to be done but never was

Anyway all very positive!
  • Options
    @Big_Bob To be fair a lot of people away from the incident do not see what a poor lunge it was.
  • Options
    KAP10-

Doesn't matter where you were sitting- all stands were applauding, arguably the west stand had the best view, yet they were clapping.

I sit north lower block B my view was as clear as day
  • Options
    Great post Soapbox, though I did read it expecting it to be a poem!
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

KAP10-

Doesn't matter where you were sitting- all stands were applauding, arguably the west stand had the best view, yet they were clapping.

I sit north lower block B my view was as clear as day

Why don't you generalise about the whole stand, or even a whole ground.
  • Options
    Nothing would surprise me at Charlton under Roland.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought Jose Riga would be nailed on to be offered a long term contract in the Summer afterall....