Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew odds slashed for SE25 job

Comments

• Options
    Pardew is in a club where the fans cannot wait to hate him again when he loses a couple of matches. Must get quite tiresome.

Sometimes a manager has to look at other reasons to move, in this case, does London have better birds for him to try and pull?
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Pardew is in a club where the fans cannot wait to hate him again when he loses a couple of matches. Must get quite tiresome.

Sometimes a manager has to look at other reasons to move, in this case, does London have better birds for him to try and pull?

• Options
    Until some sort of official comment comes out of one of the clubs involved, the next manager odds are dictated entirely by what people are betting on and the bookies' fear of someone having a bit of inside info.

I can't see Pardew going to Palace for various reasons already listed above. Good time to get money on Popovic/Sherwood/whoever - no one's shorter than 10/1 apart from Pardew. Gareth Southgate 28/1 - worth a quid I reckon.
  • Options
    If I was Pardew I would take it. It doesn't look like he will ever be able to win round the miserable Newcastle fans no matter how well he has done/does. Pretty sure most Palarce fans would be over the moon to have him. Sadly, he'd keep them up so I hope he doesn't take it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Fiiiiiish said:

Isn't that bird on the right the one from Criminal minds?
    Very apt.............
    imageimage
  • Options
    I went to go see Newcastle away at the Emptihad for the league cup and despite City putting out a strong side, Pardew walked away with a decent win despite having a squad worth a fraction of his opponent's. He's doing a good job and Newcastle fans must have a very short memory if they think they're do any worse now than they were doing before Pardew started. Newcastle are definitely not the leviathan of a club they were 15 years ago and their fans needed to have realistic expectations and that a top half finish is the best they're going to manage for the next 5-10 years, with a few cup runs thrown in.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I went to go see Newcastle away at the Emptihad for the league cup and despite City putting out a strong side, Pardew walked away with a decent win despite having a squad worth a fraction of his opponent's. He's doing a good job and Newcastle fans must have a very short memory if they think they're do any worse now than they were doing before Pardew started. Newcastle are definitely not the leviathan of a club they were 15 years ago and their fans needed to have realistic expectations and that a top half finish is the best they're going to manage for the next 5-10 years, with a few cup runs thrown in.

Soon forgotten when they got smashed 4-0 in the next round
  • Options

Blimey odds into 2/5 - 2/7. Crazy.

Drifted from 1.9 to 2.7 on betfair in the last hour. If there's any inside info that's where you'll see the odds crash. No point taking much notice of high street bookmakers odds as they always shit themselves and cut odds if someone wants more than 50 quid on any candidate.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Soon forgotten when they got smashed 4-0 in the next round
    Well this is Pardew we're talking about...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pardew has missed a Newcastle press conference today......
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I can't see Palace paying £5m for him. Pardew's probably using this to get more cash out of Newcastle.
  • Options

Blimey odds into 2/5 - 2/7. Crazy.

Drifted from 1.9 to 2.7 on betfair in the last hour. If there's any inside info that's where you'll see the odds crash. No point taking much notice of high street bookmakers odds as they always shit themselves and cut odds if someone wants more than 50 quid on any candidate.
    And of course there are mugs out there especially pro footballers with more money than sense who are prepared to lump on every dressing room rumour. If you can lay two runners at odds on (let alone at 2/5 or even 2/7) then you can't lose.
  • Options
    If he gets offered the job with a big bonus for keeping them up, his ego will take over and he'll be off like a shot.
  • Options
    Palace and Pardew. it's a fit.
    His House, down south is 20 mins from training ground.
    The contract was long at Newcastle but the wages by Prem standards were average.
    Mike Ashley is different to most owners so don't known if he would be difficult letting him go.
    All his Family and friends are down here,
    why get dogs abuse when you have a run of losses when you can earn at least the same money and the crowd
    will support you if you keep them up.
    When he was shopping in the local sainsburys in the summer he only got stick from 1 person (only me)
    yet in the north east he has to have it delivered. ( to avoid the vegetables!)

It will be a quality of life choice.

• Options

I can't see Palace paying £5m for him. Pardew's probably using this to get more cash out of Newcastle.

Know who I'd tip in that particular game of poker between him and Mike Ashley.

"But you signed an 8 year contract, Alan. Bad luck."
  • Options

Interesting you use the term poker
  • Options

Quite deliberately!!

£5m compensation and a pay rise would go a long way I guess.

Still don't think it'll happen.
  • Options

Quite deliberately!!

£5m compensation and a pay rise would go a long way I guess.

Still don't think it'll happen.
    You would imagine that majority of debt has been returned to MA by now?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Pards knows he's losing his job, and if he knows he's not getting much money in compensation, I can believe this. There's only 20 prem jobs, if he loses his when nothing is open he could be out of work and forced to take a championship job to get back in. Therefore palace makes a lot of sense - he would walk into it and have the potential for a safer job than his current one.

But this theory only holds water if Ashley is planning to nudge him out. Which doesn't seem likely given that he dodged bullets when they were out of form.
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

Yes, yes, maybe (after a few beers), yes.

You must still be feeling ill mate

They are 3 yes by any of your standards,

• Options

Fiiiiiish said:

Yes, yes, maybe (after a few beers), yes.

You must still be feeling ill mate

They are 3 yes by any of your standards,

The maybe was for Pardew mate.
  • Options
    I issue you a CL Politburo warning for objectifying women...

• Options
    Compensation of £2 million agreed between Palace and Newcastle, according to talkshite radio.
  • Options

Compensation of £2 million agreed between Palace and Newcastle, according to talkshite radio.

and the sun The Sun -
    Football ‏@TheSunFootball 18m18 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Alan Pardew to become new Crystal Palace boss after clubs agreed compensation
  • Options
    Weird one.

Deserve each other though.
  • Options
    Let this be true. Please.
  • Options
    Sky saying new of compensation being agreed is premature.

He'll still go though - this could be either the best thing ever, or the most annoying.
  • Options
    Their odds for relegation just shortened too.