Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew odds slashed for SE25 job

Comments

• Options
    Appointing pardew has sealed them a championship place next season which is just as well as we could be losing the millwall derby day
  • Options
    cafctom said:

One of the most bizarre managerial moves I can remember.

Going to Newcastle where Dennis wise had trodden.
    Let's be fair they were small footsteps to follow in.

Don't understand why it's bizarre for him to go to Palace ?

He scored the goal that got them to their 1st fa cup final.

He won't take a drop in wages, only drop will be the years on the contract.

He came to CAFC and was poor, so even thou our ex player as well has always been looked upon as more palace,

so put ex palace and poor as cafc Manager=panto villian.

2011 manager of year with Newcastle=he's a bonnie lad.

Has shocking run of losses between 2013/2014 = F off back to london you shagging useless cuxx.
    he just won't get that type of abuse here in the Surrey hills.

Not sure why he should be worst than Warnock but we can always hope.

• Options
    He ain't that good. Palace are down.
  • Options
    Nice double on the Nigels and the Spanners to go down.
  • Options
    He will NOT keep them up.

I remember him taking over a South London club around Christmas time before - whatever happened to those poor sods?

My only hope is that he's still in charge when we play the Freaks next season!
  • Options
    There can't be many cases where a manager has left one club for another mid-season where both sets of fans will be happy with it.
  • Options
    I've no idea, why people are surprised by this.

Pardew supports Palace. Pardew loves Palace. He was a glazier before he turned pro.

He was born in Wimbledon and his family and friends are all there.

It's a no brainer, it's his perfect job.
  • Options
    This'll be interesting. If he is as arrogant as suggested in his time with us, I can't see Parish having any of that.
    Plus he's got just enough time to spunk millions on the likes of Varney, McLeod and Gray.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

This'll be interesting. If he is as arrogant as suggested in his time with us, I can't see Parish having any of that.
    Plus he's got just enough time to spunk millions on the likes of Varney, McLeod and Gray.

Difference is that Parrish probably won't give him millions. Warnock more or less held a gun to the Board's head by insisting that they needed to buy forwards in the January window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has the potential to be a perfect storm. With Millwall going down too, I dont really care if we make the play offs...
  • Options
    A Palace mate is delighted.....(evil laugh)
  • Options
    They need a striker desperatley, hopefully that will be big Shola Ameobi.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be so smug here. While he made a hash of his time with us, our former players seem to rate him, and at Soton, he signed the likes of Rickie Lambert, Jason Puncheon and Jose Fonte

And he has 'iconic' status with the Palace fans from his playing time. Would the Forest fans be so forgiving of Stuart Pearce's mid table team if he hadn't been a legend on the pitch for them.
  • Options

I wouldn't be so smug here. While he made a hash of his time with us, our former players seem to rate him, and at Soton, he signed the likes of Rickie Lambert, Jason Puncheon and Jose Fonte

And he has 'iconic' status with the Palace fans from his playing time. Would the Forest fans be so forgiving of Stuart Pearce's mid table team if he hadn't been a legend on the pitch for them.

Same with us and SCP last season
  • Options
    Dougie Freedman is waiting in the wings for when Pardew's deal breaks down....................
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Appointing pardew has sealed them a championship place next season which is just as well as we could be losing the millwall derby day

Hate to say it but I disagree, Pardew WILL keep them up
    I'm with Paulie. It looks like it could be the perfect train crash, but Pardew's track record in the Premier League isn't bad. The main blemish to his record was at Charlton in the Championship and you could argue that managing in those two divisions is very different. Every time I expect Palace to fail they come out smelling of roses. Please let me be wrong!
  • Options
    Oh please let him take them down, it would just make my 2015 perfect.
  • Options
    No guarantee he keeps them up. IMO our side he took down was a better one than the one he will take over there
  • Options

No guarantee he keeps them up. IMO our side he took down was a better one than the one he will take over there

this. We had a goalscorer that dug us out of a lot of holes in D Bent, Palace don't have that. They'll win the first couple of games under him, he'll claim "we're the most feared side in the division now" and they'll go down with a game to spare.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

this. We had a goalscorer that dug us out of a lot of holes in D Bent, Palace don't have that. They'll win the first couple of games under him, he'll claim "we're the most feared side in the division now" and they'll go down with a game to spare.
    Fraizer Campbell and the returning Glenn Murray can always get them goals
  • Options
    Proven premier league goalscorers those two
  • Options

Perhaps, but we were something like seven points adrift when Pardew took over and that was eight years ago. It was a much bigger task and he wasn't a milion miles away from keeping us up in the end. Eight years is long enough to learn from mistakes and be much more experienced in most lines of work. I'm not getting excited just yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

There can't be many cases where a manager has left one club for another mid-season where both sets of fans will be happy with it.

Souness to Newcastle from Blackburn?
  • Options
    #PardewMemories is trending in the UK on twitter
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Same with us and SCP last season
    Difference being Forest should have invested heavily and should be challenging for promotion rather than Pearce having his budget slashed.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Hate to say it but I disagree, Pardew WILL keep them up
    I'm with Paulie. It looks like it could be the perfect train crash, but Pardew's track record in the Premier League isn't bad. The main blemish to his record was at Charlton in the Championship and you could argue that managing in those two divisions is very different. Every time I expect Palace to fail they come out smelling of roses. Please let me be wrong!
    Sacked from West Ham before he could take them down remember.
  • Options
    Pardew can only do one of two things, keep them up or go down. He isn't going to win anything there I don't reckon, or build a 'legacy', unless it's providing for his own. Either way it's a laugh for us, because sooner or later it's going to implode for both parties.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

off topic a bit .. Brian McDermott rarely gets a mention nowadays when jobs are in the offing