Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew odds slashed for SE25 job

12346»

Comments

• Options
    _nam11 said:

believe it or not, Pards will actually double his wages on the move, will have transfer budget next window.

He wasn't on similar wages, due to the money he owed Ashley. Hence being on less money at Newcastle.

He doubles his wages, moves back down south, nearer to his family, and for a club he used to play for. No brainier decision, if you have no ambition.

Has he paid back the money he owes then? Or will he continue paying after his Palace money has gone in, cos either way it does not amount to a pay rise.

Incidentally I am concerned that after an initial good/reasonable half season he will lead your club to another financial meltdown.
  • Options
    As much as I hate defending Palarse, I'm pretty sure SJA got paid.
  • Options
    vff said:

Is he really an ico

TC used to stand for top cat, but seeing as you lot are just cowards i guess it stands for Top C**t or Top Coward

I think it stands for Totally_Croydon
    T_C said:

You have nothing to cheer about with your mediocre club so what keeps you excited is being jealous of the success of your superior neighbours.

Priceless

TC stands for Totally Callous with regard to all those creditors that got stiffed for the money owed to them when Palace went bust. You must very proud of your club to not pay St Johns Ambulance (alongside many others) and pay millions on wages in the next breath. Maybe Totally Classless would be accurate as well.
    The appointment of Pardew could represent some form of divine retribution - if he is allowed to dictate transfer strategy, he might well land them back in the financial cesspit they cheated their way out of.

Having said that, at least they'll have boutique soap in the executive washrooms now!
  • Options

Think you are correct there Stu,it was all the small business people they knocked! Again!!
  • Options
    I hope the Palace tea lady is thick-skinned and is well-versed on Football Manager...
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be funny if talks broke down between Pardew and Palace. And Newcastle told him they didn't want him anymore!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2014

That's debatable. Lots of others didn't though. TC holds up Palace as a paragon of something great after their 'success' in promotion was built on luck, the largesse of Manchester Utd letting them keep Saha on loan and a broken credit record. For TC to then come onto a Charlton site to give it the big un shows what a totally clueless idiot that person is.

Pardew wasted Charlton's parachute payments. I can see Pardew doing exactly the same to Palace. Football is circular and I can see Palace in trouble financially again. Oh well, I guess they can go bankrupt again and stiff some more small creditors.
  • Options
    T_C said:

You have nothing to cheer about with your mediocre club so what keeps you excited is being jealous of the success of your superior neighbours.

Priceless

What did you cheer loudest about this season? Warnock? Andy Johnson? Or having no more wooden seats? Because it certainly couldn't have been the results.
  • Options
    its the perfect storm from a cafc fan perspective
  • Options

Not by Parish though - but by the fans themselves.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Think you are correct there Stu,it was all the small business people they knocked! Again!!
    And The Administrator still hasn't paid out the minimal amount due, mainly because there are still issues with 'football creditors' who get first dibs before even HMRC.

I'll catch up with the two watch tosser one day and rip his head off.

• Options
    Addickted said:

And The Administrator still hasn't paid out the minimal amount due, mainly because there are still issues with 'football creditors' who get first dibs before even HMRC.

I'll catch up with the two watch tosser one day and rip his head off.

Do tell us more A.
  • Options
    Much as I hate to admit it, I was doing some Consultancy work for a main Contractor who was working on 'improvements' at Selhurst Park - mainly internally to the main fire trap stand.

He didn't get paid, so neither did his subbies, suppliers or consultants.

The owner of one of the subbies is not a guy you want to get on the wrong side of either :wink:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Much as I hate to admit it, I was doing some Consultancy work for a main Contractor who was working on 'improvements' at Selhurst Park - mainly internally to the main fire trap stand.

He didn't get paid, so neither did his subbies, suppliers or consultants.

The owner of one of the subbies is not a guy you want to get on the wrong side of either :wink:

Cheers

• Options

I wouldn't be so smug here. While he made a hash of his time with us, our former players seem to rate him, and at Soton, he signed the likes of Rickie Lambert, Jason Puncheon and Jose Fonte

And he has 'iconic' status with the Palace fans from his playing time. Would the Forest fans be so forgiving of Stuart Pearce's mid table team if he hadn't been a legend on the pitch for them.

Same with us and SCP last season
    Difference being Forest should have invested heavily and should be challenging for promotion rather than Pearce having his budget slashed.

Did he have his budget slashed? They spent 5-6m on one striker!
    That's my point...Powell did though.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Not by Parish though - but by the fans themselves.

So they did get paid, there's plenty to laugh at palace about but their fans doing the right thing isn't one of them
  • Options
    SJA got paid but London Ambulance Service only got 1.95p in the pound.
  • Options
    Pardew, 53, has been Newcastle manager since December 2010 and is currently thefourth longest-serving manager in English football, after Arsenal's Arsene Wenger, Exeter City's Paul Tisdale and Karl Robinson of MK Dons.

Blimey, how do owners expect a team to be built. Unless of course you are city/chelski.