Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew odds slashed for SE25 job

Comments

• Options

#PardewMemories is trending in the UK on twitter

Don't tempt me.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Done deal. Compensation agreed.

http://mobile.nufc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=4391045

Let's just hope this ends in glorious disaster.
  • Options
    Controversial view I know, but I actually like Pardew. Thought he was doing a good job at Newcaslte and felt quite bad for him for all the stick he got.

Anyway, looks like that's in the past now, hope he takes palace to new lows.
  • Options

Done deal. Compensation agreed.

http://mobile.nufc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=4391045

Let's just hope this ends in glorious disaster.

Tony Pullis left Palace partly because of a lack of funds. Pardew is appalling and irresponsible with funds on a tight budget, he just don't care. Its a recipe for disaster. Good.
  • Options
    Pardew taking them down would be perfect.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2014
    Pardew needs to spend lots of money for a number of players to get the occasional one that works. He also builds teams that end up being so full of themselves that they eventually forget to do the hard work to succeed. The move to Palace will end up going badly as Pardew will not be able to dig himself out of a hole by spending large as he is able to do at Newcastle. It will undoubtedly end up with another massive payout when he is sacked again. Ashley can't believe his luck on this one. Getting rid of Pardew and compensation into the bargain.

It is amazing how Pardew keeps getting massive payouts time after time.
  • Options
    .... but fortune favours Palace.
  • Options

Controversial view I know, but I actually like Pardew. Thought he was doing a good job at Newcaslte and felt quite bad for him for all the stick he got.

Can't forgive Pardew for the deals that got agreed under his management that nearly bankrupted the club. I know that was partly down to irresponsible club management but still it was under his tenure as manager. Knowing the situation at the club he stuck out for all his money. Pardew would have rather seen Charlton go under than budge on that.
  • Options
    vff said:

Can't forgive Pardew for the deals that got agreed under his management that nearly bankrupted the club. I know that was partly down to irresponsible club management but still it was under his tenure as manager. Knowing the situation at the club he stuck out for all his money. Pardew would have rather seen Charlton go under than budge on that.
    then smugly declaring it didn't work out at charlton because "they didn't have any money". Thats because you spent it all on izale mcleod, luke varney and andy gray you muppet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate of mine today called it "a marriage made in Cnut heaven". Hard to disagree.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Mate of mine today called it "a marriage made in Cnut heaven". Hard to disagree.

'Ello 'ello 'ello. Look who's back :-)
  • Options

He most certainly does, he most certainly does.
  • Options

I wouldn't be so smug here. While he made a hash of his time with us, our former players seem to rate him, and at Soton, he signed the likes of Rickie Lambert, Jason Puncheon and Jose Fonte

And he has 'iconic' status with the Palace fans from his playing time. Would the Forest fans be so forgiving of Stuart Pearce's mid table team if he hadn't been a legend on the pitch for them.

Same with us and SCP last season
    Difference being Forest should have invested heavily and should be challenging for promotion rather than Pearce having his budget slashed.

Did he have his budget slashed? They spent 5-6m on one striker!
  • Options

He wasn't doing a bad job at all, let's not forget he was manager of the year 2-3 years ago when they finished 5th. He also had to work for a chairman who never wants to spend any decent money and looks to sell any decent asset at the first opportunity, Carroll, Cabaye, Ba, Debuchy etc.
    On the other side of that you could argue that Newcastle only did as well as they did because of Graham Carr's scouting.
  • Options

I can absolutely assure you that this Fortune does not favour Palace. In fact, I hate the ba****ds with a passion!
  • Options
    T_C said:

I can absolutely assure you that this Fortune does not favour Palace. In fact, I hate the ba****ds with a passion!
    What a sad little man you must truly be
    Not as sad as you must be to come onto another club's board first thing in the morning to see what their supporters are saying.

Now f**k off back to that shit**le back at Sellout.
  • Options
    TC used to stand for top cat, but seeing as you lot are just cowards i guess it stands for Top C**t or Top Coward
  • Options
    T_C said:

You have nothing to cheer about with your mediocre club so what keeps you excited is being jealous of the success of your superior neighbours.

Priceless

Have fun with Pardon't.
  • Options
    First man to manage and play for both clubs? CP do not ever think about it.
    Who will his assistant be, Parky?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C said:

You have nothing to cheer about with your mediocre club so what keeps you excited is being jealous of the success of your superior neighbours.

Priceless

Superior? Ok.
  • Options
    believe it or not, Pards will actually double his wages on the move, will have transfer budget next window.

He wasn't on similar wages, due to the money he owed Ashley. Hence being on less money at Newcastle.

He doubles his wages, moves back down south, nearer to his family, and for a club he used to play for. No brainier decision, if you have no ambition.
  • Options
    T_C said:

Priceless

Brilliant.

Mediocre. Even better.

Once you have sustained many seasons in the PL, please do come back on this forum and gloat. I have always wondered what it's like being a yo yo club.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Poor effort from T(op) C(lown) at that circus or should I say say freak show of clowns that the whole football fraternity finds a complete joke, must try harder. Back to thread Pardon't give a toss about anyone other than himself, a match made in heaven. Oh, and lock up your daughters folks.
  • Options
    Is he really an ico

TC used to stand for top cat, but seeing as you lot are just cowards i guess it stands for Top C**t or Top Coward

I think it stands for Totally_Croydon