Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew odds slashed for SE25 job

Comments

• Options

Compensation of £2 million agreed between Palace and Newcastle, according to talkshite radio.

That much? Their owner can but a lot of shirts from China for that. Alternatively, he could use the money to buy Rangers and sell his interest in Newcastle at wildly inflated prices.
  • Options
    Mike Ashley after getting 2 million for Pardew
  • Options
    Paper talk. Still can't see it happening.
    Unless AP reads CL and is looking for revenge against all those who have soured his name.
    Someone's avin a larf.
  • Options
    WSS said:

He'll still go though - this could be either the best thing ever, or the most annoying.

i see it exactly as that, long term he'll be chuff but he may just give em enough to stay up this season
  • Options
    You have to take your hat off to Pardew though for managing to secure pay offs and "golden welcomes" wherever he's been and gone.

Doubt he'll be able to bring Alan Carr's old man with him to find all those foreign gems and that probably is what has kept him at Newcastle as long as he has.

Parrish might just as well negotiate his sacking settlement now.
  • Options
    Has anyone got that picture of that fat woman palace fan?
  • Options

Still don't believe Parish will pay compensation for Pardew. Surely he's much more likely to go for Hughton or Sherwood and spend 5m on the team instead.
    Popovic is an interesting option though, ex-player and just won the asian champions league with a very unfancied side. Probably wouldn't cost too much either as i doubt an Aussie side pays millions.

I'm assuming Ashley will let Palace have Pardoo and pay them £2.5 million compensation.
  • Options
    Daily Mail reporting that he's already gone.

"Alan Pardew is the new Crystal Palace manager after a £2million compensation settlement was thrashed out between the south London club and Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley.
    Pardew had made clear to Ashley he wanted to go to Palace, where he was a former playing favourite, and the Toon chief has agreed to reach a compromise with Eagles counterpart Steve Parish rather than demand the full £5m he would be entitled to under the terms of Pardew's contract at St James' Park.
    Newcastle dispute the compensation figure and claim the actual amount is much higher."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bad news if true though as i believe he'll definitely keep them up
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    never .. never .. never .. has my flabber been so gasted (with thanks to Frankie Howerd) .. IF this turns out to be true
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Curbs 16/1 33/1 to take over from Pardew.
  • Options

Daily Mail reporting that he's already gone.

"Alan Pardew is the new Crystal Palace manager after a £2million compensation settlement was thrashed out between the south London club and Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley.
    Pardew had made clear to Ashley he wanted to go to Palace, where he was a former playing favourite, and the Toon chief has agreed to reach a compromise with Eagles counterpart Steve Parish rather than demand the full £5m he would be entitled to under the terms of Pardew's contract at St James' Park.
    Newcastle dispute the compensation figure and claim the actual amount is much higher."

Well they would wouldn't they? Because to agree that it was £2m would mean confirmation that the so called eight year contract was, of course, a myth.
  • Options

Curbs 16/1 33/1 to take over from Pardew.

Superb odds from PP there, Beardsley and McCoist both 14/1!!
  • Options
    For what it's worth I have just layed him at 1.18 for the job. Happy to take a financial loss just to see him going there.
  • Options
    A marriage made in muggy heaven.
  • Options
    As soon as addickted said it was done you knew it was done

Him and parish will last 6-8months max before the first public bust up
  • Options
    One of the most bizarre managerial moves I can remember.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    off topic a bit .. Brian McDermott rarely gets a mention nowadays when jobs are in the offing
  • Options
    I hope this happens. I almost loathe Pardew more than Palace, and from our experience, I'm sure he'll send them dowm in the most expensive way possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

As soon as addickted said it was done you knew it was done

Him and parish will last 6-8months max before the first public bust up

Wasn't there talk a little while back of Parish selling to the american guy who was reportedly looking at buying us before RD.
  • Options
    What odds on Ant n Dec to takeover? Unbelievable Jeff. Newcastle or Palace? Not even up for discussion, surely.
  • Options
    can't wait for this to go through, it's going to be beautiful. Especially if pardew is allowed to sign his own players, which he wasn't at newcastle.
  • Options
    This would be great news for the nigels who were complaining about higher ticket prices in the premiership and having to take Sky's filthy lucre!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas everyone
  • Options
    Pulis next Newcastle manager, Ashley rubbing his hands in glee
  • Options

cafctom said:

One of the most bizarre managerial moves I can remember.

Dunno, there was Pardew to Newcastle.
    and irvine to west brom, how the fuck did he blag that one.