Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

and now in paris

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I think your observation is way off.

I think you 'think' too much.

I wouldn't disagree with that but I prefer it to the alternative.
    It wasn't meant as a dig, more an observation. We all do it. We add 'I think' into our arguments where it adds no weight to our cause. You crack on though, mate. Very interesting debate on a very emotive subject.

• Options
    Hostages taken in a Post Office in Paris suburb
  • Options
    Riots in Pakistan.
  • Options
    The world is going crazy.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

It wasn't meant as a dig, more an observation. We all do it. We add 'I think' into our arguments where it adds no weight to our cause. You crack on though, mate. Very interesting debate on a very emotive subject.

That's fair enough. I realise I add "think" to posts a fair bit but that's only because I don't want to be stating something as fact. Again probably thinking things too much.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

That's fair enough. I realise I add "think" to posts a fair bit but that's only because I don't want to be stating something as fact. Again probably thinking things too much.
    Yes I believe you are IMHO
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Throw backs to the 60s .. Red Brigade, riots in Paris, IRA, Vietnam war, Basque separatists, the weathermen, riots in USA, the civil rights movement under MLK ... and remember that (e.g.) compared to 'the west' & the 'Christian nations', Many Islamic nations are somewhere where we were in the 14th 15th and 16th centuries .. unsophisticated peasants living in fear of 'the church', peasants as fodder for the wars carried out by greedy 'kings' .. the 'priests' and 'imans' the only 'educated' people around .. it's just another phase the world is going through .. just keep it all well away from England.

Lastly, the French state and many Algerian exiles and nationalists have been in a state of civil war ever since the bloody and murderous Algerian independence wars of the 50s and 60s .. I suspect that the recent events in Paris are as much to do with this as with Islamic 'fundamentalism' per se
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    bobmunro said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Yes I believe you are IMHO
    You're all wrong and that's a FACT!
    :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Options
    Didn't help things did it the image on their magazine the freedom and right to do it in this case is going to incite more hatred more violence more innocent loss of life and normality

I am glad that the UK news and press don't show this image

Not glad about having to work in paris and Belgium from tomorrow
  • Options

Didn't help things did it the image on their magazine the freedom and right to do it in this case is going to incite more hatred more violence more innocent loss of life and normality

yes but, will the next stop be no page 3, no underwear ads on buses?
    The appeasement of Hitler didn't work and it won't with Islamic fundamentalists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

yes but, will the next stop be no page 3, no underwear ads on buses?
    The appeasement of Hitler didn't work and it won't with Islamic fundamentalists.
    But at least I can go to Berlin now
  • Options

The world is going crazy.

it's always been crazy, it's just gone from being slightly less crazy to slightly crazy in terms of human history.
  • Options
    From Sky News: 
    Four wounded in knife attack near former Charlie Hebdo offices in Paris
    A police official says officers are “actively hunting” for the perpetrators and have cordoned off the area.

https://news.sky.com/story/four-wounded-in-knife-attack-near-former-charlie-hebdo-offices-in-paris-12081221

• Options
    Suspect arrested.  Good.