Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

and now in paris

Comments

• Options

Spiral is very watchable. British crime drama is still a long way behind both the Scando and french portrayals.

Can't agree with that at all mate, and I watch virtually every European crime drama there is. Each to their own though.
  • Options

SE9 said:

Grow up sadie, live in the real world!

Sadie is 100% right. It's obscene that @loco seeks to associate a bunch of twats singing racist songs with the French cartoonists or Wikileaks. It's disrespectful to the deceased cartoonists for a start.

If you want to argue against that viewpoint, go ahead. If all you've got is insults, you won't win the argument.

Have I insulted any one? I don't think so.
  • Options
    SE9 said:

SE9 said:

Grow up sadie, live in the real world!

Sadie is 100% right. It's obscene that @loco seeks to associate a bunch of twats singing racist songs with the French cartoonists or Wikileaks. It's disrespectful to the deceased cartoonists for a start.

If you want to argue against that viewpoint, go ahead. If all you've got is insults, you won't win the argument.

Have I insulted any one? I don't think so.
    Telling a well educated, 33 year old mother of 4 to grow up... Yes it's an insult!
  • Options
    Telling someone they are deluded isn't then?
  • Options
    SE9 said:

Telling someone they are deluded isn't then?

Have you read @Loco‌ 's post? In this case no it wasn't.
  • Options
    Yes I have read it. You are well with in you right to say Loco is deluded just as well as I can say grow up. I'm sure Loco isn't insulted by that just like you shouldn't .
  • Options
    SE9 said:

Yes I have read it. You are well with in you right to say Loco is deluded just as well as I can say grow up. I'm sure Loco isn't insulted by that just like you shouldn't .

I can justify calling him deluded, just as I can point out why he is, as can probably every other poster on here, you have no justification for telling me to grow up, or can give no example as to what part of my post was immature. This isn't rocket science.
  • Options
    I can justify myself too. Loco can not be deluded just by saying something he/she thinks or feels. You have your right to say what you think just like I do.
  • Options
    Reports indicate that Hayat Boumeddiene, the 'female accomplice' of the murderers, is now in Syria having crossed over the border from Turkey .. Just HOW did she get so far so quickly ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Reports indicate that Hayat Boumeddiene, the 'female accomplice' of the murderers, is now in Syria having crossed over the border from Turkey .. Just HOW did she get so far so quickly ?

I know what your saying about getting so far. It prob is quite easy if you has to to get over the miles of land borders as long as you avoid main routes etc but I would say if true that she has done it in very quick time undetected.
  • Options
    SE9 said:

I can justify myself too. Loco can not be deluded just by saying something he/she thinks or feels. You have your right to say what you think just like I do.

He thinks the racist scumbags on the train shouldn't have been prosecuted because they were singing, apparently it doesn't matter what someone is singing it's just singing...wtf!!? Plus he compared what they done to charlie hebdo which is disrespectful and inaccurate. If he's not deluded then he had some funny ideas, he also had the cheek to call one of this forums best posters a twat, I am standing by what I said, if that means I'm immature then so be it.

Anyway this ends here I'm not replying to you again this thread is about Paris so should get back to that. If you have anything more to say to me do it privately!
  • Options

Scarily she probably had help.
  • Options

I read somewhere that she'd already left by the time the attacks occurred.
  • Options
    Damn those European open borders!
  • Options

SE9 said:

He thinks the racist scumbags on the train shouldn't have been prosecuted because they were singing, apparently it doesn't matter what someone is singing it's just singing...wtf!!? Plus he compared what they done to charlie hebdo which is disrespectful and inaccurate. If he's not deluded then he had some funny ideas, he also had the cheek to call one of this forums best posters a twat, I am standing by what I said, if that means I'm immature then so be it.

Anyway this ends here I'm not replying to you again this thread is about Paris so should get back to that. If you have anything more to say to me do it privately!
    Have a nice day.
  • Options
    I think some of the Reporters need some sleep if they really believed that Hayat Boumeddiene was in the supermarket with Armedy Coulibaly and escaped when the front and back doors had hundreds of police and army ?

I thought this at the time and this morning they now think she left Paris on the 2nd of Jan, so she would have been long gone before he killed the policewoman.

The truth is hard to find in this 24/7 rolling mass media world,
    should it not be easier?

• Options
    So you're saying no one should be allowed to practice their religion?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

When it impacts my freedom to openly follow my atheist beliefs.............yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think some of the Reporters need some sleep if they really believed that Hayat Boumeddiene was in the supermarket with Armedy Coulibaly and escaped when the front and back doors had hundreds of police and army ?

I thought this at the time and this morning they now think she left Paris on the 2nd of Jan, so she would have been long gone before he killed the policewoman.

should it not be easier?

This is almost certainly what happened .. remember that Syria was once a 'protectorate' of France as well as now having 1/3 of its territory under IS control, and that ever since the bloody and hate filled Algerian wars of independence in the 50s and 60s there has been an extensive and well funded Algerian nationalistic underground movement in France, especially in the south.
    As NLA discussed in his recent posts, modern motorways, fast cars that do not 'interest' the authorities and lax border controls, allow fugitives as well as everyone else the facility to travel long distances very quickly.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Are you wumming?

I dont see how other people being allowed to practice their religious beliefs prevents you from following yours. Surely that's the point of it.
  • Options

Today, world leaders and religious leaders and a million European citizens are marching for the basic rights of freedom of thought and expression. But, as one of a rapidly growing number of atheists in the modern free world (and I would bet a sizeable proportion of today’s marchers are avowed atheists) I feel strongly that, on this particular day, they don’t represent me, nor do they represent a large proportion of the marchers and the millions of atheist who now exist in Europe. I am going to hear a lot of meaningless platitudes from leaders at the march and religious spokesmen in various television studios talking about how it is important that all religions get on and respect each other (as if the problem was as simple as that) and it is going to make my blood boil. If Richard Dawkins has not been invited to this march as one of the leading European atheists to represent me and the millions of atheists in Europe I sincerely hope that he and other leading atheists are invited to all the TV studios to sit alongside the religious spokes people and be allowed the same amount of air time.

Europe needs a second reformation. I hope today sparks off a rapid escalation in the atheist movement and it receives a massive increase in donations across Europe so it can fight this growing cancer in our society.

JE SUIS ATEIST ET JE SUIS CHARLIE

http://www.atheismuk.com/

colthe3rd said:

• Options

I have no problem with people practicing what ever religion they want. But when practicing that religion if it means that they impact what I can read, say, write, or that they seek to kill or maim me because I think their beliefs are utter nonsense then I have a slight problem.

Didn't want to wade in here but are you serious?! These people are not representing Muslims globally who 'practice their religion'. They are nutters who kill people. One of my sons best friends at school is a Muslim and his parents are lovely people. They didn't leave a letter bomb in his party bag so I won't question my safety just yet thank you.
  • Options

should it not be easier?

She must be a bit miffed given he will be living it up with all those virgins now.
  • Options

I have no problem with people practicing what ever religion they want. But when practicing that religion if it means that they impact what I can read, say, write, or that they seek to kill or maim me because I think their beliefs are utter nonsense then I have a slight problem.

....One of my sons best friends at school is a Muslim and his parents are lovely people. They didn't leave a letter bomb in his party bag so I won't question my safety just yet thank you.
    Thanks for sharing that. Obviously governments around the world are wasting vast sums of money combatting the threat posed by extremist Muslims. Can you write to your MP and let him know that your son didn't get a bomb in his party bag from his Muslim friend so he can start agitating the government to stop wasting our money on protecting us from this threat.
  • Options

Didn't want to wade in here but are you serious?! These people are not representing Muslims globally who 'practice their religion'. They are nutters who kill people. One of my sons best friends at school is a Muslim and his parents are lovely people. They didn't leave a letter bomb in his party bag so I won't question my safety just yet thank you.
    I posted this earlier in the thread but I was listening to a very moderate imam on Friday who was horrified by the killings but still couldn't get his head around the absolute right that those journalists to publish those cartoons. He wanted censorship to stop his religious sensibilities being offended. All the time even decent moderate Muslims think that they have a right to impinge on my hard won rights and freedoms then I like Red_in_SE8 have a problem.

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Practice it at home in the bedroom, same as sex. I don't want other peoples religions affecting my life, just as I don't want to know about their sexuality. IMO these two important aspects of ones life she be kept completely private. There would be far less friction in this world if this were the case.