Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

and now in paris

11 dead multiple injured, lunatics with machine guns

Five mins earlier two of my staff were wassaping me pics of themselves enjoying Paris whilst on a day off working there for me

Told them to get the f**k out of there now as it came on sky news

Heard from them that they are on way back to hotel

Jesus the world's gone insane

Comments

• Options
    Agreed .
    Mad lunatic fundamentalists.
  • Options
    The sad thing about it is that this sort of thing doesn't come as a surprise anymore.
  • Options
    Seems like it was all over a cartoon about the leader of Isis or whatever they're calling themselves today. The place targeted is the HQ of a satirical paper and has been targeted before. Utter madness.

Attackers are still at large in Paris.

Thoughts go out to all involved.
  • Options
    The enemy within. How on earth do you combat that.
  • Options
    How can people walk around with ak47s and people not know where they went,
  • Options

How can people walk around with ak47s and people not know where they went,

I have no idea, some reports they had a RPG. Sincerely hope your two colleagues stay safe NLA
  • Options
    Told them Get to hotel, finish the job tonight not tomorrow and come home, bloody crazy and RPG, these lunatics need to be stopped
  • Options
    It is heartbreaking for all those killed, their friends and families, and equally heartbreaking for those injured and their loved ones too. I suspect the majority of those attacked were simply people at work. Others who work in similar fields, and those like me who believe in freedom of speech and expression will be shocked.
    RIP, And my thoughts are with the people in France at this time.
  • Options
    This guarantees a Le Pen/National Front victory at the next French election. There was a report in the Times on Saturday that thousands of Jews are leaving France because they fear Muslim fundamentalism. Sad and bad times for France. We all need to ensure that similar atrocities and fears are not allowed to flourish in Britain
  • Options

The sad thing about it is that this sort of thing doesn't come as a surprise anymore.

the sadder thing is that it should. 24 hour news and the internet make us think the world is a lot more dangerous and unstable than it actually is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite.
  • Options
    Just saw the video of the copper, already been shot, pleading for his life before getting one in the head.

Absolutely sickening.
  • Options
    I despair for the human race.
  • Options

the sadder thing is that it should. 24 hour news and the internet make us think the world is a lot more dangerous and unstable than it actually is.
    Indeed.
  • Options

i hope the western press seriously satirise the living daylights out of these gunmen. Satire is probably the most key element to freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

satire also appears to be like a red rag to the deranged bulls who will pay the satirist a visit and blow him away as well as anyone else in the vicinity .. satire got this dozen Parisians killed .. we don't need satire, death sentences for the perpetrators will be far more effective
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Absolutely mad
    WSS said:

Just saw the video of the copper, already been shot, pleading for his life before getting one in the head.

Absolutely sickening.

Really?

Where has it been posted?

edit: Just seen it... Wow.
  • Options
    Sky news refusing to show it
  • Options

Mussies EXTREMISTS. Who would have guessed...........

• Sponsored links:

• Options

i hope the western press seriously satirise the living daylights out of these gunmen. Satire is probably the most key element to freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

satire also appears to be like a red rag to the deranged bulls who will pay the satirist a visit and blow him away as well as anyone else in the vicinity .. satire got this dozen Parisians killed .. we don't need satire, death sentences for the perpetrators will be far more effective
    justice will be done, but running scared is letting terrorism win and being a justifiable tactic for these sickos.
  • Options
    RIP the people who got up for work this morning--kissed their loved ones good bye and were murdered by scum whose twisted fecking belief in a twisted interpretation of a religion made them shoot unarmed and defenceless people.
  • Options

Mussies. Who would have guessed...........

Not to down play this appalling act but if this happened in Russia you might make a different guess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

Fanatics, tyrants, and authoritarians kill or threaten serious journalists. You need balls for that kind of work and not enough people appreciate them.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Kap10 said:

Mussies EXTREMISTS. Who would have guessed...........

Get about a bit though don't they?
  • Options

Rightly so.
  • Options

This guarantees a Le Pen/National Front victory at the next French election. There was a report in the Times on Saturday that thousands of Jews are leaving France because they fear Muslim fundamentalism. Sad and bad times for France. We all need to ensure that similar atrocities and fears are not allowed to flourish in Britain

Bit late for that now.
  • Options

quite right too imo, just think of his poor family seeing it.

• Options
    I hope the magazine and it's approach/content does not end up getting the 'blame' for this, as some kind of sick justification/excuse for what happened.
  • Options
    Sky news have shown it (in edited but still graphic form)