Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

and now in paris

Comments

• Options

It's at times like this being a atheist makes more sense than ever.

If there's no god, it's a good idea. If there is a god, it's a bad idea. I don't think 'the times' come into it.
  • Options
    I saw Spiderman at the darts
    Never seen God though
  • Options
    Leuth said:

People who think that nothing in the Qur'an encourages this are burying their heads in the sand. It is written in there, plain to see.

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement".

That verse is actually quite tame in comparison to others

yeah and the bible has plenty similar, point being that virtually all ancient religious texts are barbaric when read as literal didacticism rather than historical artefact or spiritual enquiry
    point is though that I don't see people going around the world committing murder and acts of terrorism and then quoting passages from the bible as justification

I may be wrong on this point though and am happy to be corrected with recent examples?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Leuth said:

People who think that nothing in the Qur'an encourages this are burying their heads in the sand. It is written in there, plain to see.

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement".

yeah and the bible has plenty similar, point being that virtually all ancient religious texts are barbaric when read as literal didacticism rather than historical artefact or spiritual enquiry
    The difference being that the Bible has adapted, changed with the times. Mohammed stated that the Quoran must never be changed,ever, and whosoever does, will lose their head. It's the same now as it was originally. That's why we have these extreme interpretations, and they are just following Mohammed's writings. My wife is Muslim BTW.
    Which kind of renders it useless does it not? It's either word of a so called God or it isn't? How can the foundations of any religion 'adapt' That alone should be enough for anyone stupid enough to believe in religion to realise it's all one big work of fiction.

• Options
    SE9SE9
    edited January 2015
    Sad thing is where this use to be a rare thing it feels like it's a regular occurrence.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Uboat said:

If there's no god, it's a good idea. If there is a god, it's a bad idea. I don't think 'the times' come into it.
    If the old testament is true then we all come from an incest background so no wonder theres so many crazy people.

If there's a god it must be a sadist with so many young children dying in pain and hunger around the world before they reach there 10th Birthday.

Your right Uboat the times don't come into it,

Four about 4 thousand years people have been killing each other in the name of one deity or another.

• Options
    edited January 2015

Leuth said:

point is though that I don't see people going around the world committing murder and acts of terrorism and then quoting passages from the bible as justification

I may be wrong on this point though and am happy to be corrected with recent examples?
    Someone has listed a large number of examples of different fundamentalist Christian organisations who have committed atrocities based on them not understanding their own religion. The Lords Resistance Army based in Central Africa in particular engage in activities akin to ISIS in the hope of building a society based on the principles of the biblical 10 commandments. Just like ISIS they fundamentally misunderstand the religion they claim to serve.

RIP to all those killed to today, an absolute tragedy and I'm extra thankful for this countries security services who have thus far managed to keep us safe from most of the large number of similar atrocities that I'm sure are planned against us every year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options

Leuth said:

Did you read the thread? Plenty of recent examples given.
  • Options

Uboat said:

If the old testament is true then we all come from an incest background so no wonder theres so many crazy people.

If there's a god it must be a sadist with so many young children dying in pain and hunger around the world before they reach there 10th Birthday.

Your right Uboat the times don't come into it,

Four about 3 thousand years people have been killing each other in the name of one deity or another.

Bit longer than 3,000 years.
  • Options
    There is no connection between these people and any non psychotic fucktard
  • Options
    Redskin said:

These people are simply fascists.

They are terrified of women so they subjugate them,lock them away,deny them education, butcher their genitalia and if none of this browbeats the woman into the required abject servitude,they murder them and call it an honour killing.

Terrified of homosexuals - and God forbid,their own latent homosexuality - they murder them.

Unnerved that the apostate has seen through their tin-pot fairy story of a religion,they murder them.

They are terrified of intellect,they are terrified of wit,they are terrified of satire,discourse,free-thinking,individualism,they are terrified of anything that isn't mired in a medieval,patriarchal desert.

They are terrified that theinfidel the kafir the non-believer might,just might, be right.

Even as a liberal, I am now tired of the soggy,melioristic attitude afforded Islam.If it ever came to it and my way of life was threatened by these fascists - and without giving a second thought to 'descending to their level-I would shoot one in the mouth and feel nothing.

Good post
  • Options
    Redskin said:

They are terrified of women so they subjugate them,lock them away,deny them education, butcher their genitalia and if none of this browbeats the woman into the required abject servitude,they murder them and call it an honour killing.

Terrified of homosexuals - and God forbid,their own latent homosexuality - they murder them.

Unnerved that the apostate has seen through their tin-pot fairy story of a religion,they murder them.

They are terrified of intellect,they are terrified of wit,they are terrified of satire,discourse,free-thinking,individualism,they are terrified of anything that isn't mired in a medieval,patriarchal desert.

They are terrified that theinfidel the kafir the non-believer might,just might, be right.

Even as a liberal, I am now tired of the soggy,melioristic attitude afforded Islam.If it ever came to it and my way of life was threatened by these fascists - and without giving a second thought to 'descending to their level-I would shoot one in the mouth and feel nothing.

post of the year so far
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Well, I've read this post 3 times and can find absolutely nothing I disagree with. Brilliant!

• Options
    Redskin said:

Just to clarify, you are talking about extremists rather than anyone that follows Islam?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

Just to clarify, you are talking about extremists rather than anyone that follows Islam?

I read it as anyone who has the views written in the post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turn back the clock 200 years ago in Paris children were being burnt alive along with their parents for being posh.

Historically, there's nothing unusual about what muslim extremists are doing except that most societies have evolved away from feudal systems governed by religious leaders with absolute authority, where killing the opposition was sanctioned by God and perfectly acceptable. Britain has, France has, every European State in their past history has commissioned atrocities no less evil than current day terrorists in the name of God.

Islam as practised by many is still within a feudal system and is still trapped in medieval values where you have no individual will and must follow the orders of the religious authority. Instead of a holy monarch with his bible we have holy Mullahs with the Koran. Islamic leaders still operate under the laws of a God rather than the laws of the people as in the West, and that is the main source of the conflict between East and West.

That is why its a religious problem, only religion within this context can demand an act of violence and vengeance without pity because it regarded as God's will. Western foreign policy is not the justification for the violence, it is simply taken as justification by the fanatics for their rantings to strengthen their position of power. Outside of a medieval feudal culture, those rantings would have no validity and would be seen for what they are.

It's Islam's problem, no one else's and blaming it on actions done in the of name Western citizens will not solve Islam's problem.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

You could be referencing any religious text there.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

Extremists/facsists,same thing.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Top post.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

Not quite but I'll take it as you don't mean every Muslim.
  • Options
    I'm with Prague on this one.

These people are angry. Although they tell themselves and us it is because someone has offended their religion, we all know that this is beyond irrational and cannot be the real reason why they think it is acceptable to murder innocent people.

RIP to those dead.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

Sorry,I thought it was obvious that I was referring to Isis et al and not muslims per se.

• Options
    Redskin said:

colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

Sorry,I thought it was obvious that I was referring to Isis et al and not muslims per se.

It was obvious.

Excellent post Redskin.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

colthe3rd said:

Redskin said:

I thought so but just thought I'd check. Referring to people as "they" left it a bit open to interpretation that is all. And yes I agree with you