Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters Speaks Out

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

LOL

Google translate did not make sence.

But talking of Google translate I wonder how many school kids use it for their home work. French, Spannish, German, Itallian etc etc only for teacher to give them a big red mark of zero because it makes no sence? It wasn't around in the 90s when I was doing french.

I think you mean sense.
    I think he meant scents: because the whole thing stinks.
  • Options
    I think he may be right about the players and Luzon judging by Saturday.
  • Options

But talking of Google translate I wonder how many school kids use it for their home work. French, Spannish, German, Itallian etc etc only for teacher to give them a big red mark of zero because it makes no sence? It wasn't around in the 90s when I was doing french.

Some I believe use it for their English homework too if only to translate it back to something they understand. Init.
  • Options
    How many shrugs do you think he got through during that interview? I think at least 10
  • Options
    Apparently, the lesser cooperation with the English staff members caused the resignation
    That sounds to me like a rift between BP and Matthew and Roberts, rather than anything to do with KM
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options

Obviously we need more Belgians, eh, Roland?

How many Belgians have we signed since May? Vetokele, Moussa, Buyens...and that's it!
  • Options

Apparently, the lesser cooperation with the English staff members caused the resignation
    That sounds to me like a rift between BP and Matthew and Roberts, rather than anything to do with KM
    Wonder if Luzon will have a better relationship with them. He appears to be quite a divisive figure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems to me he is talking about Matthew.
  • Options

How many Belgians have we signed since May? Vetokele, Moussa, Buyens...and that's it!
    Sure but there have been other non-Belgians that are part of the Belgian network which isn't the answer either.
  • Options
    If Matthew went to the board, Peeters needs to ask himself why.
  • Options
    Vetokele was signed on the recommendation of Peeters - not the network. I was frustrated with the zonal marking, but I do think he has been stitched up by the owners and maybe some of his staff. He is right about the squad needing strengthening. He towed the party line and didn’t have the luck. You can look at most of our recent home games and with a bit of luck, we could have picked up quite a few more points. Whilst we were not great in the first half against Cardiff and Brighton – we were clearly superior in the second. Tucadean missed an open goal against the Spanners etc.... He seemed to rate JJ, Cousins, Wiggins, Gomez and Solly so not sure he was against the British players.
  • Options

sense
  • Options

Extend that to how many have come from Belgian football and it is a ridiculous amount.
  • Options

Vetokele was signed on the recommendation of Peeters - not the network. I was frustrated with the zonal marking, but I do think he has been stitched up by the owners and maybe some of his staff. He is right about the squad needing strengthening. He towed the party line and didn’t have the luck. You can look at most of our recent home games and with a bit of luck, we could have picked up quite a few more points. Whilst we were not great in the first half against Cardiff and Brighton – we were clearly superior in the second. Tucadean missed an open goal against the Spanners etc.... He seemed to rate JJ, Cousins, Wiggins, Gomez and Solly so not sure he was against the British players.

That's probably what got him the sack. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015

Don't let facts or logic get in the way of a bitter dig.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

say what you like about Peeters, whether he has an inflated opinion of himself etc, but in terms of his relationship with fans, his name was sung at every single game.

If he thinks he had a good relationship with the fans, i can understand why.

If he had a barnet and name like Guy Luzon i think it would be very different
  • Options

say what you like about Peeters, whether he has an inflated opinion of himself etc, but in terms of his relationship with fans, his name was sung at every single game.

If he thinks he had a good relationship with the fans, i can understand why.

If he had a barnet and name like Guy Luzon i think it would be very different
    A touch of class would have maybe helped too...........
  • Options

micks1950 said:

It may also throw further light on the difficult position of Katrien Meire.

When he says "When two days before your resignation they guarantee you that you can stay, it is strange that you get sacked on Sunday." it's possible that as well as giving a positive assessment of progress so far in the Brighton programme she may have told Peteers his job was safe - only for Duchatelet to sack him after the loss?

Deja vu. Mark Hulyer gave Andy Nelson a vote of confidence on the Saturday, took him for a meal at the Bull's Head Chislehurst on Sunday and sacked him on the Monday!

Ken Craggs!
  • Options

He makes some good points there. Is he really saying KM sacked him, not Duchatelet though? I wonder why he thinks that?

KM sacked Chris Powell, but I don't think the messenger writes the message . . .
  • Options
    edited January 2015

And a head coach, plus his two assistants?!

How many Belgians did we sign before January 2014 . . .

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I've heard that RD couldn't decide between BP and GL at the beginning of the season and so 2 things occurred.

1. Bob and Guy agreed that the if the other manager hadn't got 40 Points by January, the other would take over.

2. Bob and Guy were forced into an arm wrestle by RD, and Bob being the bigger guy won convincingly. (Random fact RD used to get JCVD to win all his business deals by arm wrestling the other companies elected champions until he lost to this guy).

which forced JCVD to go into making bad Budweiser adverts
  • Options
    I should rename myself @ThreadKiller‌ Part 2
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I would say that before this awful run, he was growing in popularity – He’s got no hair but we don’t care etc… We have to be aware of language and idolised may be strong, but I think he was trying to say he was popular with the fans. He also had some of our sympathy because of some bad breaks, but also, to be fair, fans were beginning to question whether he should get the sack. The unwillingness to change from zonal marking made me seriously question whether he should be sacked. What mitigated it was we could see he needed more players, but I think we were about to really seriously start calling for his head (maybe a game or two).

Fans are usually less patient than boards, but this owner is clearly less patient than fans. It is interesting that all three managers he decided to sack or not employ, were not at a point where fans where crying for their sacking. In the case of Riga, they were calling for him to be given a new contract. There maybe were some mumblings about Powell but the vast majority were behind him and Peeters was probably the closest to having people agreeing with the sacking but there were no significant Peeters out chants. Maybe the odd mumblings again.

The other interesting thing to me is that two of these managers were his managers. I can understand Powell who was never going to sign up to the lick backside coach role, but the owner has hardly backed his judgement since then. I personally think the sacking and aftermath of the sacking has been handled so badly that part of me wishes it hadn’t happened even though I was thinking it needed to happen (the sacking that is). I think we are much closer to relegation now than we were before it and the club has really destabilised in the last week. The only way forwards that I can see is some decent recruitment, but I am resigned to there not being any!!