Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• cabbles said:

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't see it

Paulie, is that you?
  • rikofold said:

Kermorgant is a good lesson in not relying too much on stats, but then we knew Powell knew his qualities. We have no idea who's making these decisions or what their credentials are to judge players for the English game and in particular the Championship.

The big worry for me in his record this season is that of his 12 starts he's been subbed in 6 of them. You might conclude he's been crap or he's a sicknote, but probably simplistic.

Assuming RD isn't going to throw any proper money at these signings, you have to ask why Gent are so happy to part with Lepoint. (For Gent and Lepoint, you can substitute Sporting and Sarr, etc etc).

Assuming there is money involved... Lepoint is Gent's captain and well-liked
  • cabbles said:

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't see it

Paulie, is that you?
    One can only dream
  • dear Belgians

Always good to hear from you. 2 questions

1 why are Gent prepared to let him go? Have you heard we are paying a fee?

2. Do you think he and Buyens would work together in midfield? Or possibly is he seen as a replacement for Buyens, if Luzon and Buyens don't get on?
  • We've had more false starts than Linford Christie, i'm going to chill .... until he signs for us.
  • Excited by this one. Hopefully doesn't mean Yoni is on his way back to Liège though!!
  • Depends if Buyens can refind his form or not because he's been shocking recently.
  • edited January 2015
    Seems very not Roland like to be interested in this signing, considering he will be paying a transfer fee to a rival club from a fellow team in the network and the players age, not going to be a big resale value.

This actually seems like a positive signing for us rather then as a way to boost the value of a network asset.

Edit: Assuming it is true.
  • skywalker said:

I think you gonna like him.

Because.................................
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like the type of player that doesn't mind mixing it about and can also play a bit. A good signing if we don't let a midfielder go.
  • edited January 2015

skywalker said:

I think you gonna like him.

Because.................................
    Because he really has the mentality for the Championship. He's actually a hard working attacking midfield player and will score a couple. He's also a leader on the field and with all those young players in your selection, that would be an advantage. He's not the slick, soft spoken Kompany type, but "you love him, or you hate him" Cantona type of guy. Why did Gent let him go? Well, Gent's Coach also has a bit of an outspoken personality. I can imagine there was a bit of a clash.
  • Replacement for JJ then..
  • Sounds a good signing box to box battler not had one of those since kins.
  • Maybe Luzon is trying to toughen up the team a bit by bringing in HIS players like LePoint and the 6ft 5 CB from Sporting (supposedly) and RD is letting him do this because he is part of his "trusted network"?
  • Maybe Luzon is trying to toughen up the team a bit by bringing in HIS players like LePoint and the 6ft 5 CB from Sporting (supposedly) and RD is letting him do this because he is part of his "trusted network"?

We definitely need toughening up in midfield. Between JJ, Cousins and Buyens, absolutely no bite there at all IMO

This rings true and it's possible they were looking at these players well before Peeters got the push? Whatever gets us through the season is good with me, starting ideally with a win on Saturday.
    Come the summer we will know much, much more about Duchatelet vision / ambition as players come and go.
    We know they have to get the front six right and I maintain its going to cost a fair bit to land the right strike force plus real talent in the middle of the park.
    What I have noticed is that many top championship clubs borrow talent from the FAPL and this may in fact be cheaper than risking €3m on a flop. For sure FAPL players come in at £15-20k per week as a contribution to their contract costs. But it's vital we fill the gaps and loans come without the costs when injured. 20 weeks at £20k is not a lot if it's the right calibre of player who can make a real difference.
  • Come the summer we will know much, much more about Duchatelet vision / ambition as players come and go.

when RD bought the club people said we would know much more about his vision at the start of the 15/16 season
    once the season started people said we would know more about his vision in January when the transfer window opens
    once the January window opened Seriously Red is now saying we will know more about RDs vision in the summer

you know what I don't reckon we will ever know his vision until he sells the club

Come the summer we will know much, much more about Duchatelet vision / ambition as players come and go.

when RD bought the club people said we would know much more about his vision at the start of the 15/16 season
    once the season started people said we would know more about his vision in January when the transfer window opens
    once the January window opened Seriously Red is now saying we will know more about RDs vision in the summer

you know what I don't reckon we will ever know his vision until he sells the club

We're still in the 2014/15 season though???
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    You KNOW what happens when we're linked with any promising players !

What's Le Point......

Or maybe Watt's Le Point ?
  • Promising really?

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2003–2005 TSV 1860 München 9 (0)
    2005 Willem II 10 (0)
    2005–2006 Gençlerbirliği 4 (0)
    2006–2008 Tubize 56 (6)
    2008–2009 Excelsior Mouscron 29 (5)
    2009– Gent 45 (8)
    2012 → Waasland-Beveren (loan) 0 (0)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Promising really?

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2005 Willem II 10 (0)
    2006–2008 Tubize 56 (6)
    2009– Gent 45 (8)

and since 2012?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Promising really?

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2005 Willem II 10 (0)
    2006–2008 Tubize 56 (6)
    2009– Gent 45 (8)

and since 2012?
    UK wiki not up to date lots of other links on this and other threads with more up to date stats

• edited January 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

Promising really?

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2005 Willem II 10 (0)
    2006–2008 Tubize 56 (6)
    2009– Gent 45 (8)

What was Yanns before he showed up?
  • edited January 2015
    17 games 4 assists, in the league

3 cup appearances 1 goal in that cup...

So we're going to obtain a cup player when we're not in the cup?
  • The gospel that isTransfermarkt.co.uk have him at 1.5million Euros.
  • think this is a done deal personally
  • Whats Lepoint.