Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2015
    seth plum said:

I didn't see a contribution from Lepoint yesterday that couldn't have been improved if it were Jack Munns or Oliver Muldoon.

Muldoon that we've never seen and Munns who make Solly look like a giant - is supposed to hold off a central defender.

I think not

With his bald head and running style he looked a bit like Zinedine Zidane of France

Unfortunately his first touch was more like that of Graham Zidane the it consultant from Solihull

It wasn't great but he looked eager, didn't hide, created the goal and managed to whack someone - more than Harriott did

• Options
    I have seen Muldoon and Munns and judging by Saturday's contribution in his cameo both Jack and Oliver would have been better than a bewildered Lepoint.
  • Options

A lack of fitness and being in the squad for a few days can not excuse that first touch, which reminded me of when I was about 8 years old.

I'd say a lack of fitness and match sharpness can excuse even that first touch!

However that touch didn't do much for his confidence...
  • Options

Uboat said:

Redhenry said:

You can judge a player after 15 mins of football? What a load of bollocks! Some of you lot on here are actually utter arseholes.

Agree most of them in fact
    You can't judge a footballer in 15 minutes, but you know that 'most' people on here are 'utter arseholes'.

Arsehole.
    I rest my case as you were offended arsehole
    You rest your case? Based on someone being offended that you generalised most people on here as arseholes?

Please never represent anyone in court.....ever
    Oh hello, another one ;-) I did say some!!! not most and for the record i did not out anyone in particular unless of course you aimed one at me.
    LMAO

I love how that went!

Scabby I think U boat was referring to RedHenry and CAFC_Norfolk doesn't seem to know who has actually said what!

I hope he never represents anyone in court.....ever!
  • Options
    A player can have a bad ten minutes, he had a bad ten minutes. Combined with a demonstration of technical ability that would have been poor for park football, I think we all entitled to be worried. He was obviously trying, which makes it more worrying.

RD doesn't like agents, perhaps RD is being taken for a ride by agents who are pretending not to be agents and getting even bigger bungs to offload dross rather than move talent.
  • Options

This is why the phrase 'Charltonising' exists. Slate a player after 15 mins and drop his confidence for the rest of the season.

A player got dumped in a new country, a new style of football and didn't play well. What a shock. Give him some more time.

Why would he lose confidence because of a few posts on a forum?

Some of us were only saying he didn't have a good debut, not that we were writing him off or expect a foreign player to adapt instantly.
  • Options

A player can have a bad ten minutes, he had a bad ten minutes.

Are you talking LePoint or Scabbyhorse?

• Options
    rikofold said:

A player can have a bad ten minutes, he had a bad ten minutes.

Are you talking LePoint or Scabbyhorse?

Arsehole! :
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lepoint looked like a worldbeater in comparison to Leon Clarke when he made his debut.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The bloke got stuck in, which rattled Roths team, we scored after he came on, whether it was an out right 'assist' is debatable, but he held off their CB in the middle of the penalty area so Cousins could score.

You could argue that the Rotherham players were laughing as much as we were, so couldn't concentrate.

Thinking about it, I think we've found our secret weapon. How the hell does the opposition mark a player with no positional sense?...............
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    cafctom said:

Lepoint looked like a worldbeater in comparison to Leon Clarke when he made his debut.

And by coincidence, Clarke was an owner signing ...
  • Options

You can judge a player after 15 mins of football? What a load of bollocks! Some of you lot on here are actually utter arseholes.

Just as I know signing a 5'11" striker (in Vibe) isn't going to work (regardless of goals he's scored elsewhere), then I know signing a slow centre-mid who is not comfortable on the ball is a failure.

• Options
    He put some effort in. At this stage that's good enough for me to give him a few games to show what he can do. We had worse players out there and tactically the whole thing was confused anyway.
  • Options
    Has to be a record to become the new scapegoat within 15 minutes. Can this be beaten?
  • Options
    How's he the scapegoat? He didn't handball in the area and miss the ball which they scored from.

How does not playing in England justify his first touch?

How do comments on this forum affect a player's conference? There weren't any chants directed at him.

I think some people just enjoy arguing.
  • Options
    Looks like we'll have to use him as our target man.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Redhenry said:

Agree most of them in fact
    You can't judge a footballer in 15 minutes, but you know that 'most' people on here are 'utter arseholes'.

Arsehole.
    I rest my case as you were offended arsehole
    Not offended at all, just surprised that Red Henry frequents a forum where most people are utter arseholes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said before (but you don't have to believe me): as long as you don't give him the ball, he'll be very useful :-)
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

As I said before (but you don't have to believe me): as long as you don't give him the ball, he'll be very useful :-)

He sound's brilliant!
  • Options
    Was out the country for weekend so missed my first game of the season.
    Missed out on more doom and gloom
    Anyone got a link to any highlights?
    Much appreciated
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Was out the country for weekend so missed my first game of the season.
    Missed out on more doom and gloom
    Anyone got a link to any highlights?
    Much appreciated

Honestly mate, there wasn't any............
  • Options
    Mainly want to see how bad Lepoint looked tbh!
  • Options
    Stumbled across some footage at last, wouldn't call it a Lepoint assist.
    Mis-controls it and comes off defender to JC
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Stumbled across some footage at last, wouldn't call it a Lepoint assist.
    Mis-controls it and comes off defender to JC

had to block the defender to cause the defender to miss kick it to Cousins.

And Lepoint clearly missed it when he was trying to flick it onto Cousins in the same way the defenders foot did the job.

Cousins is lucky he didn't sky it with that power LOL!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The first time Leon clarke came on he was played on the wing ???

His best work has always been in the box.

Didn't seem happy from the start.

But at CAFC we do have a habit of making it hard for strikers.

Igor wanted a strike partner, told me he couldn't read George's flicks.
    Tony Watt who has decent close control have not started a game yet along side him.

15 minutes is long enough to spot real talent.

That how long it took me to shout the merits of Paul walsh, at a youth game when he was 16, Paul Elliott when 17, Diego poyet at 17, Joe Gomez at 16,
    Robert Lee at 18, Lee Bowyer at 17.

Jonjo Shelvey, because of work i missed a lot of his early games so found it hard to judge.

Christophe Lepoint, i hope was just not match fit so his 15 mins were not a true reflection of his talents he can bring to the team. (fingers crossed)

• Options

A player can have a bad ten minutes, he had a bad ten minutes. Combined with a demonstration of technical ability that would have been poor for park football, I think we all entitled to be worried. He was obviously trying, which makes it more worrying.

RD doesn't like agents, perhaps RD is being taken for a ride by agents who are pretending not to be agents and getting even bigger bungs to offload dross rather than move talent.

Has Lepoint improved? He's made half a dozen appearances now, none presumably as laughable as his debut reportedly was. As someone who's not been able to make a game since the Brighton match Id be interested to know if he has found some form or whether he will be gone next year like Reza, pp etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    drewman said:

Has Lepoint improved? He's made half a dozen appearances now, none presumably as laughable as his debut reportedly was. As someone who's not been able to make a game since the Brighton match Id be interested to know if he has found some form or whether he will be gone next year like Reza, pp etc.
    Poor at Cardiff. He's hardly been on long enough to make a judgement apart from that.