Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    Lepoint?

More like Nil Points

The first thing I said to my mate after I had seen 5 mins of him was that it reminded me of Tom Hovi coming on for the final 10 v Derby around 1994 or so.

I can guarantee we will have a poster on this board in 15 years time called 'IsawLepointplay'.
  • Options

Sure he made a couple of mistakes but at least he went looking for the ball which you can't say about all our players today.

Sometime i think we deserve the misery we have to endure as Charlton fans when people have made their mind up about a new signing after 20 minutes of football.
    Just for once , please stop looking for new players to dig out.

The usual idiots did it with Simon Francis and he has been fantastic at Bournemouth. They did it with David Mooney and he went on to score 34 goals for Orient . Lisbie got terrible stick and went on to score over 100 goals when he left us.
    Alan McCormack was called stupid names after he had a couple of bad games and now he's in a team that's fighting for promotion with Brentford.
    Can you see a pattern forming ?

I despair reading some of the comments about Lepoint . You've just hounded out GeorgeTucadean and it took you two days to look for another player to slag off.

For fucks sake grow up.

Calm down geez.
    I personally tore into Harriott today.

• Options
    edited February 2015

Right here and now I'm laying claim to be the first to call him Catastrophe...

I only said it as a joke...

:-/

Was he really that bad?
  • Options
    Wasn't the best debut, every time he had the ball he gave it away in a a dangerous position. But he did have a big part in our goal. Need's to get used to the pace of the Championship
  • Options
    It was a crap performance but doesn't necessarily mean he's a crap player. We'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I seem to remember Kermorgant having a stinker on his debut
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Indecently i heard some moron in block G ( row H ) of the East stand calling for Veljković to go back to Spurs even though he was having a decent game. I promptly told him to shut up which is very unlike me. ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Swisdom said:

Wasn't Sheff Utd his debut? Where he came on and scored from a Stephens corner?

Must be wrong, that goal wasn't even his first. MK Dons away was, apparently.
  • Options
    Actually felt sorry for him coming into that team. For a start he shouldn't have come on for Milos, who I thought was our best player today, because it completely ruined the shape of the team. But he just didn't seem to know what he was doing, where he should be or what his role was. I dread to think what he's going to be like over 9mins.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Wasn't Sheff Utd his debut? Where he came on and scored from a Stephens corner?

Must be wrong, that goal wasn't even his first. MK Dons away was, apparently.
    His debut was at home to Chesterfield, he played a good ball to Wagstaff who crossed for BWP to score.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/43406/charlton-v-chesterfield-post-match-views/p1
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Actually felt sorry for him coming into that team. For a start he shouldn't have come on for Milos, who I thought was our best player today, because it completely ruined the shape of the team. But he just didn't seem to know what he was doing, where he should be or what his role was. I dread to think what he's going to be like over 9mins.

Wasn't he on for longer than 9 minutes? ;)
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

not that suprising when you think he has only had one morning in training with the team, plus coming on as a sub it's sometimes hard to get to terms with the game.

The blokes been playing for a top flight Belgian side, he's no mug. Give him a chance.
  • Options
    first job Monday morning sack the scouts
  • Options

_MrDick said:

not that suprising when you think he has only had one morning in training with the team, plus coming on as a sub it's sometimes hard to get to terms with the game.

The blokes been playing for a top flight Belgian side, he's no mug. Give him a chance.
    Happy to give him a chance. Just want impressed with him at all.
  • Options
    if he's not fit and had only one training session, he shouldn't be anywhere near appearing for the first team. Unless the coach was advised that he should get a run out?I hope his lack of mobility wasn't the result of his leg injuries from the car crash in 2011 and was a lack of match fitness.
  • Options
    15 minutes of football and of course that is more than long enough to make a decision.

I'm glad some of you aren't my manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am expecting a development squad game at Sparrows Lane on Monday, against Swansea I believe, perhaps he will play in that game if it happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Will all those having a pop at him please remember the most important thing about his performance today.........................hes over 6ft tall so must be ok.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Just seen the highlights on the football league show.
    How can anyone possibly say that he doesn't deserve an assist? I saw some good hold up play that then allowed Jordan to get his shot off.
    But then again Charlton fans would think they have the right to tell him he's not worthy based off them seeing a 15 minute cameo!
  • Options

Sure he made a couple of mistakes but at least he went looking for the ball which you can't say about all our players today.

Sometime i think we deserve the misery we have to endure as Charlton fans when people have made their mind up about a new signing after 20 minutes of football.

The usual idiots did it with Simon Francis and he has been fantastic at Bournemouth. They did it with David Mooney and he went on to score 34 goals for Orient . Lisbie got terrible stick and went on to score over 100 goals when he left us.
    Alan McCormack was called stupid names after he had a couple of bad games and now he's in a team that's fighting for promotion with Brentford.

I despair reading some of the comments about Lepoint . You've just hounded out GeorgeTucadean and it took you two days to look for another player to slag off.

For fucks sake grow up.

I agree mate also seeing as Lepoint had his leg rebuild after a bad car crash! lets give him a chance to settle! he did very well to hold the ball up for Cousins goal ,If he does that again I will happy coz we are looking for that type of hold up play in our strikers!!!
  • Options
    No-one's saying he's shit, but going by that cameo appearance, can anyone really say they thought he looked decent? The fact that people found it amusing, rather than being angry, sums up how most are feeling about our club at the moment.

If he plays twice as good in his next outing, he'd still be 2 divisions below the required standard. It was that bad.................
  • Options

How can anyone possibly say that he doesn't deserve an assist? I saw some good hold up play that then allowed Jordan to get his shot off.
    But then again Charlton fans would think they have the right to tell him he's not worthy based off them seeing a 15 minute cameo!

And you feel the right to contradict that view after 20 seconds of highlights? ;-)
  • Options

For fucks sake grow up.

Good points, well made Beds.
    But he did look fooking shite though, didn't he?

• Options
    Keep calm ladies, RD is all about the young guns.. hence why we've got this player in for the future at the ripe age of 30... we just have to give all o these players time, Reza, PP, Tucudean, cause after all time is exactly what we've got in abundance as we're bombing towards the relegation zone.. laughable (the whole set up not this recruit)
  • Options
    If the fella had come on and looked decent there'd be some blowing his and Rolands trumpet like we'd just signed fucking Lionel Messi and of course that is allowed
    but due to the fact that, to some , he looked like the second coming of George Weahs cousin you aren't allowed to say that because it's not the view certain people want to hear

As someone who wasn't there I want to hear all views good , bad , whatever

For the record I thought Polish Pete looked shit from his YouTube (#confirmed) and that Vetokele looked a proper player (jury still out)
    Gisajob Rolly you crank
  • Options

I don't think Lepoint qualifies for an assist. He'd lost control of the ball and a Rotherham defender prodded it on to Jordan Cousins