Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    Hi, a genuine welcome from me. I think you will do well and become a favourite.

I at least thank you for coming to try and improve us and your commitment to give your all is greatly appreciated.

Welcome Sir.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

''Watt's Lepoint'' is the headline just waiting to happen. Maybe Roly just has a very odd sense of humour.

Oi !

I posted that one yesterday !

• Options
    Welcome to Charlton Christophe I hope you do very well for us
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    His got no hair but we don't care Christophe Lepoint!
  • Options

thenewbie said:

''Watt's Lepoint'' is the headline just waiting to happen. Maybe Roly just has a very odd sense of humour.

Oi !

But he has got lepoint to prove to everyone.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Oi !

My apologies Madame Fanackapan, however in my defence I did say 'headline' and as amusing as we all find your witticisms they are sadly not yet headline news.... ;)
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Oi !

Give me back my lols, newbie !

• Options
    Apropos of nothing, when my kids were very young and we were struggling to make ends meet, me and the first Mrs Davo played host to a young French lad on a school visit, for a weekly fee. His name was Christophe too, but my son (then just 3, now 34) couldn't pronounce it properly.

Hence the young French lad had to answer to Pissed-Off, whenever addressed by my kiddie. Used to make us laugh, but wonder if the French lad ever worked it out....

Anyway, welcome Pissed-off Lepoint
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Oi !

Yeah, after me posting the same thing...what have I got to do to get noticed around here...sniff, sniff.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Oi !

Yeah, after me posting the same thing...what have I got to do to get noticed around here...sniff, sniff.
    Be a woman ?

:-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

thenewbie said:

Oi !

Give me back my lols, newbie !

NEVER! They are mine! Mine I tell you! ALL MIIIINNNNEEE!
  • Options

skywalker said:

Julius Caesar conquered the whole of Gaul in 57 BCE, and famously said that of all people of Gaul the Belgians were the bravest.
    He clearly hadn't met Yoni Buyens.
    No Gauls were named Yoni back then ... (probably for a reason). Then again, when I have a look at the youngsters of Geordie Shore ... there's clearly not a Boudica amongst them either. :)
  • Options

skywalker said:

Julius Caesar conquered the whole of Gaul in 57 BCE, and famously said that of all people of Gaul the Belgians were the bravest.
    I'm not sure how 'pure' the Belgian tribal bloodlines still are, but they have survived a vicious German invasion in 1914, another one in 1940 and earlier, centuries of Burgundian, Spanish and Hapsburg colonialism, and the Belgians are still alive and prospering very nicely thank you.
    Christophe, judging by his name is a Walloon, a 'French' Belgian. According to the 'Flemish' Belgians, the French Belgians are not Belgians at all, merely foreign interlopers.
    Yeah, and all that even before someone invented the Schengen zone ...
  • Options
    So Lepoint is Lawrie Wilson, basically.
  • Options

So Lepoint is Lawrie Wilson, basically.

Lawrie Wilson with alopecia.

• Options

Welcome Pointy

Bye-bye Jacko and thanks for everything.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Oi !

Sorry FF but I think you'll find @Bournemouth Addick got to this one first, way back on page 1. But I'll give the point for trying :wink:
  • Options
    can't see the midfield being overrun again with this enforcer in our ranks. I hear he can man mark as well so could be useful with snuffing out some of the opposition creativity
  • Options

Cousins doesn't have good enough close control of the ball or good enough passing to play centrally IMO.

OMG HOW DARE YOU, HE IS A YOUTH PRODUCT DAMN IT! YOU CAN'T SAY THESE THINGS...

I agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    barstool said:

can't see the midfield being overrun again with this enforcer in our ranks. I hear he can man mark as well so could be useful with snuffing out some of the opposition creativity

Well I certainly hope so. Maybe just a trifle optimistic though.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

thenewbie said:

Oi !

Sorry FF but I think you'll find @Bournemouth Addick got to this one first, way back on page 1. But I'll give the point for trying :wink:
    I know- I'm very trying.

Seriously, had not read B'mth's post so will grovel for his forgiveness. I am not worthy....

Perhaps I should add , great minds etc .

• Options

skywalker said:

skywalker said:

No Gauls were named Yoni back then ... (probably for a reason). Then again, when I have a look at the youngsters of Geordie Shore ... there's clearly not a Boudica amongst them either. :)

Oh FFS that is because Boudicca was an Iceni not an effing Brigantes. I expect better on a football forum!
    Ugh, some people, just don't know their ancient tribal history. Disgraceful. ;)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

skywalker said:

skywalker said:

Oh FFS that is because Boudicca was an Iceni not an effing Brigantes. I expect better on a football forum!
    Ugh, some people, just don't know their ancient tribal history. Disgraceful. ;)
    Precisely.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think Fiiish makes a very good point, but without spending a penny I'd expect any photographer worth their salt to say, "Before we take the photo let's just tidy up the desk and lets lose that old box in the corner and straighten up the noticeboard".

Does the club still have a boardroom, as this is where these photos were always taken in the past.

Mind you, under the new dictatorship, we no longer have a board, so that probably answers my own question............
  • Options

Stig said:

I think Fiiish makes a very good point, but without spending a penny I'd expect any photographer worth their salt to say, "Before we take the photo let's just tidy up the desk and lets lose that old box in the corner and straighten up the noticeboard".

Does the club still have a boardroom, as this is where these photos were always taken in the past.

Mind you, under the new dictatorship, we no longer have a board, so that probably answers my own question............
    There is a board quite clearly at the back of that photo. Think that's what we have now in terms of a 'board room'.
  • Options

Stig said:

Yes, they do and it was re-furbished in the summer (they gave the cabinets and trophies away to some blokes)

The photo is in Chris Parkes' office at Sparrows Lane. He still has a card index of all the players going back to the 1920s and up to the 90s
  • Options

Stig said:

Yes, they do and it was re-furbished in the summer (they gave the cabinets and trophies away to some blokes)

The photo is in Chris Parkes' office at Sparrows Lane. He still has a card index of all the players going back to the 1920s and up to the 90s
    So why not take a short drive to the stadium and have the pictures taken there?

Maybe I'm showing my age, as this always gave a better impression in my opinion, but the same can also be said for the players. As a kid, seeing the pictures of players signing contracts in the national press or football magazines (shoot), the player would make an impression by wearing a suit. Nowadays, they just look like they've come from the gym............
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

random bits of stationary lying around

I know it's been reported that he's not very quick but that's a harsh way to describe our new midfielder.....
  • Options

Stig said:

So why not take a short drive to the stadium and have the pictures taken there?

Maybe I'm showing my age, as this always gave a better impression in my opinion, but the same can also be said for the players. As a kid, seeing the pictures of players signing contracts in the national press or football magazines (shoot), the player would make an impression by wearing a suit.

Nowadays, they just look like they've
    come from the gym............
    most of them have,...... trying to get fit enough to pass the medical.