Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    My guess is that he has been bought by the network, given to us with the instruction for him to get some game time. Next season he will be at Sint Truiden "on loan" who look likely to get promoted to the Belgian pro league and will need some one of his experience. Or perhaps I'm just being cynical.
  • Options
    A lack of fitness and being in the squad for a few days can not excuse that first touch, which reminded me of when I was about 8 years old.
  • Options

My guess is that he has been bought by the network, given to us with the instruction for him to get some game time. Next season he will be at Sint "on loan" who look likely to get promoted to the Belgian pro league and will need some one of his experience. Or perhaps I'm just being cynical.

Not a million miles from what I was saying to a mate yesterday. He's probably been pin pointed out as a decent player for Truiden, but currently unwilling to drop a division, so wiley uncle Rolly signs him for Charlton (knowing full well he's not up to the required standard) and waits for him to get pissed off at not playing, then Rolly will suggest a "loan" to ST to enable some first team football.

We're just the bait.....................
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Just seen the highlights on the football league show.
    How can anyone possibly say that he doesn't deserve an assist? I saw some good hold up play that then allowed Jordan to get his shot off.
    But then again Charlton fans would think they have the right to tell him he's not worthy based off them seeing a 15 minute cameo!

I don't think Lepoint qualifies for an assist. He'd lost control of the ball and a Rotherham defender prodded it on to Jordan Cousins
    True, but he was their and showed enough strength for the Rotherham player to make a mistake. Wasn't rally impressed with him but you cannot make a fair assessment on only 15 minutes of football when he has only been in the country 2 days.
  • Options
    I didn't see a contribution from Lepoint yesterday that couldn't have been improved if it were Jack Munns or Oliver Muldoon.
  • Options
    Looks like he's running through toffee
  • Options
    e>

_MrDick said:

Actually felt sorry for him coming into that team. For a start he shouldn't have come on for Milos, who I thought was our best player today, because it completely ruined the shape of the team. But he just didn't seem to know what he was doing, where he should be or what his role was. I dread to think what he's going to be like over 9mins.

not that suprising when you think he has only had one morning in training with the team, plus coming on as a sub it's sometimes hard to get to terms with the game.

The blokes been playing for a top flight Belgian side, he's no mug. Give him a chance.
    I agree with all the above, but saying his performance was woeful,which it undeniably was, is not the same as writing him off completely and wishing him to fail as others have suggested.

I want him,like any other Charlton player, to succeed regardless of where he has come from.

Your generous defence of him ,Gary,begs the question:were you there to actually see him?

• Options

Lepoint?

More like Nil Points

The first thing I said to my mate after I had seen 5 mins of him was that it reminded me of Tom Hovi coming on for the final 10 v Derby around 1994 or so.

I can guarantee we will have a poster on this board in 15 years time called 'IsawLepointplay'.

I dunno, I'm tempted to change my username straight away....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Good to see you are all judging him on about ten minutes of football. For gawds sake give the guy a chance. He only signed Thursday, trained with the rest of the lads once, and came on seeming to have no actual role to fill. Seems to me like it's been decided that he is Belgian, therefore we don't want him, so hope he fails.

To be fair Large I think he was on for 15 minutes.

• Options
    The reason the World watches Premiership football is because of the tempo. The Championship has to follow that model. Hence midfielders without exellent close control and pace are lost. Hence the demise of JJ. Buyens struggles for this reason. Roland's scouting system has yet to cotton on. Tragic that LePoint is not a loan because he will get game time to justify his signing.
  • Options

seth plumseth plum Member

1:04PM

I didn't see a contribution from Lepoint yesterday that couldn't have been improved if it were Jack Munns or Oliver Muldoon.

You said you wasn't coming any more

• Options
    What was the point of signing him?
  • Options
    cblock said:

seth plumseth plum Member

1:04PM

You said you wasn't coming any more

When did I say that? I think you must be mistaken.

• Options
    sorry my mistake , got you confused with your brother Dick Plumb
  • Options
    Seth is my little talked about half brother.
  • Options
    You can judge a player after 15 mins of football? What a load of bollocks! Some of you lot on here are actually utter arseholes.
  • Options

You can judge a player after 15 mins of football? What a load of bollocks! Some of you lot on here are actually utter arseholes.

Agree most of them in fact
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon he's s cross between Brendan O'Connell and basketball player
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I reckon he's s cross between Brendan O'Connell and basketball player

He did have a touch of the Brendan's about him (with a hint of Leon Clarke thrown in).

His first two touches were fine...nice little headed ball forward to feet and a first time pass. The two mistakes were where tried to keep possession instead of clearing it first time up the line. Positionally he was ok and he did make sure he was picking a man up when Rotherham had possession. If the U21s have a game, I'd give him the whole 90 mins because he might have to start at Boro if we opt for 4-5-1.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

You can't judge a footballer in 15 minutes, but you know that 'most' people on here are 'utter arseholes'.

Arsehole.
  • Options
    Not the best debut granted but in his defence its hard to come on and impress in 15 mins. Think he was trying a bit too hard. If he played for Belguim he cant be half bad
  • Options
    I despair
  • Options
    The way I see it is that through his poor control the ball ended up where Jordan could stick it in the net. Now it was clearly not intentional, or planned, but would not have happened at all if he hadn't been there TO miscontrol the ball. As the song goes, he came in like a wrecking ball... and we ended up scoring the first home goal in what feels like an (ice) age. He might not be the most skilful, in fact a couple of his old club's fans have admitted such, but his just getting into the box and TRYING to make things happen is positive. Creating chances through clever passing and wing play is clearly not working for us right now so if sending a big bald battering ram in to cause utter confusion does work, then by all means we should be glad of it.

Compare it to Iggy a few weeks ago and Watt in this game - they got through, thought about it and got it totally wrong. Lepoint barges in like a pissed off rhino and without about as skilful control but we finally get a goal. They all count, and for that I am glad.
  • Options

Is this necessary? People are commenting on how he performed. I'm sure everyone hopes he improves and is a success here.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Redhenry said:

You can't judge a footballer in 15 minutes, but you know that 'most' people on here are 'utter arseholes'.

Arsehole.
    I rest my case as you were offended arsehole
  • Options

Uboat said:

Redhenry said:

Arsehole.
    You rest your case? Based on someone being offended that you generalised most people on here as arseholes?

Please never represent anyone in court.....ever
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Uboat said:

Redhenry said:

Arsehole.
    You rest your case? Based on someone being offended that you generalised most people on here as arseholes?

Please never represent anyone in court.....ever
    Oh hello, another one ;-) I did say some!!! not most and for the record i did not out anyone in particular unless of course you aimed one at me.