Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe if we boo him, he'll try really hard to play well.

I can't believe nobody else has thought of this
  • Options
    I thought people were joking about where his photo was taken!

People are actually being serious???
  • Options
    Didn't players use to sign the paper work on motorway service stations back in the day and have their picture taken with a coffee and a sarnie ?

On the Road to Clacket lane services.

Or was that a Bob Hope Film.
  • Options

I thought people were joking about where his photo was taken!

People are actually being serious???

Mine was genuinely a wind-up but Captain Slow seems to have taken it seriously.
  • Options
    So do we think he's going straight into the side or start on the bench? Not sure who would be dropped after a pretty creditable last performance but he seems to be signed for a purpose and not for the network profile.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

''Watt's Lepoint'' is the headline just waiting to happen. Maybe Roly just has a very odd sense of humour.

Oi !

I posted that one yesterday !

Yeah, after me posting the same thing...what have I got to do to get noticed around here...sniff, sniff.
    Be a woman ?

:-)

You obviously haven't seen him dressed up for his runs on Bournemouth beach....
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

So do we think he's going straight into the side or start on the bench? Not sure who would be dropped after a pretty creditable last performance but he seems to be signed for a purpose and not for the network profile.

I would have thought he would be on the bench, but he did play the Spurs loanee last week. I expect only change from last week would be Wiggins, both Lepoint and JJ on the bench, but it could be the last time Buyons starts if he doesn't play brilliantly today
  • Options

Jesus Christ. Has this bloke ever played football before? I realise he only had 20 mins with a team he only signed for this week.....and the amazing fact he got an assist for our goal, BUT, he looked like a fan who was allowed to play cos he had his own kit.

Probably the funniest debut I've ever seen.................

I felt sorry for him, but I can't deny that his performance reminded me of the dads' game at a school fete.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The Running man
    A game show where washed up footballers are given the opportunity to escape the clutches of football megalomaniac Roland Duchatatatalet's evil network and return to their farms.

Chris Lepoint , a paint sprayer from Bruges,is a victim of mistaken identity but must use his guile and aerodynamic head to escape Duchatatatatatlets most deadly show piece.... The CHARLTON project!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jesus Christ. Has this bloke ever played football before? I realise he only had 20 mins with a team he only signed for this week.....and the amazing fact he got an assist for our goal, BUT, he looked like a fan who was allowed to play cos he had his own kit.

Probably the funniest debut I've ever seen.................

Nah, Leon Clark, Izale McClown and Kerkar were funnier but I know where your coming from. Looks like a his carrier and plays like one. I'll give the bloke a chance but..............
  • Options
    Joins the illustrious list of comical central midfield debuts: Pouso, Alonso, Lepoint.
  • Options
    It was only 10/15 mins off the bench but he looked very slow off the ball and on it unsure what to do when he was on it.

Hopefully he can add something but he doesn't look like someone we can throw straight in. In our position and at his age that's a bit worrying. As with Tucudean and Reza he'll probably get half a season to show something here.
  • Options
    harsh , based on about 15 minutes of football.
    There was no real 'role' for him to fill or be placed in once the young lad from spurs went off - does he now play defensive midfield baring in mind he is slow or does he try and put himself about and use his physique ?
    did well to told up the ball for cousins , so had he been signed as a striker we would have been well happy but as hes a CM he looked a bit shaky!
    Should be better than buyens and possibly jacko once he gets a bit of game time , but maybe it wasn't the best time for him to come in considering we want and need players to hit the ground running!
  • Options
    Got to say early days but has the potential to be the worst Charlton player ever. Now considering the sack load of shit rolly polly has given us recently that really does say something.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    I wasn't that impressed with taking off of the No.5 Veljkovic who mostly was quite composed and had a good game. Up front Lepoint caused some chaos in the Rotherham defence. Charlton scored shortly after.

Lepoint did also gave the ball away in dangerous positions, misplaced passes and displayed a woefully poor touch. He ran around with the game mostly bypassing him. I know it is only one game but he looked pretty poor on this showing. I am concerned that Lepoint is probably replacement for Buyens when he returns to Liege.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Looks like a worker, hopefully that will make up for what also looked like someone who has never kicked a football before.

At least he did well to hold the ball up for Cousins, gonna look to the positives for now.

Otherwise the answer to the question, where's my season ticket money going (and who the hell is choosing these players), would be too depressing to contemplate.
  • Options
    Honestly looks like a pub player and got to say the worst I have seen in a charlton shirt
  • Options
    Looked like a shaven ostrich and,unfortunately,played like one too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Letaxi signing on Monday
  • Options
    When will the penny finally drop that fringe Belgian League players are not good enough for the Championship.
  • Options
    Made Polish Pete look good.
  • Options
    Apart from his assist he spent most of the time passing to the opposition.
  • Options
    There is nothing like giving someone a chance.
  • Options
    Come on. ... everyone knows that Alonso's debut was the most hilarious. Lepointe wasn't quite as bad, but almost certainly 2nd in the list.
  • Options
    Can't be as bad as Alonso's debut. That was like watching a fan who'd knocked Alsono on the head then bundled him into the back of a car two minutes before kick off, and took to the field in his place.
  • Options
    I thought he looked like he was playing on our pitch from last season. Such an odd running waddling style as well.

Hopefully he will improve with time.........or maybe not.
  • Options
    Comedy gold this fella.

Carry On Football.
  • Options
    Thought he was good, trapped the ball as far as I can kick it. Bring on M'Boro!! ;-)