Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options

ghentfan said:

Is he any good

:-) good question

his good points are: he works hard, is a teamplayer, great mentality, lots of experience, rather good with the head, is box-to-box, a good bloke that you can rely on

weaker points: speed (especially in the first meters) and technical skills (really modest)

he couldn't reach the necessary level for Belgian top football anymore because of his weak points, that is why he had to leave

the fans really liked the guy and his personality, but his speed and skills had become insufficient, especially in games against anderlecht, bruges...
    Deepest of DEEP JOY!!

I'm wetting my knickers here.
    Did he just describe JJ there??!
  • Options

ghentfan said:

Hi, greetings from Belgium and congratulations with Lepoint. Anything you want to know about him?

What sort of player is he? Is he versatile? Is he physical? Will he cope with English football? What will Luzon know about him? Is he better than Yoni Buyens?
    he is the physical, hard working kind of player
    midfield most of the time, but also useful in the heart of the defence if necessary
    useful, but don't expect great skills...
    better than Buyens? no - physically tougher, technically weaker

Lepoint had never been the same as he was before his car accident

Luzon will know him very well of course

Lepoint should be OK for the level of the Championship, i guess
  • Options
    Does his physical / hard working side ever come across simply as a headless chicken running round trying to look busy

Or is he one of these players who you constantly see getting stuck in making challenge after challenge and always looking for the ball?
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

ghentfan said:

Hi, greetings from Belgium and congratulations with Lepoint. Anything you want to know about him?

What sort of player is he? Is he versatile? Is he physical? Will he cope with English football? What will Luzon know about him? Is he better than Yoni Buyens?
    he is the physical, hard working kind of player
    midfield most of the time, but also useful in the heart of the defence if necessary
    useful, but don't expect great skills...
    better than Buyens? no - physically tougher, technically weaker

Lepoint had never been the same as he was before his car accident

Luzon will know him very well of course

Lepoint should be OK for the level of the Championship, i guess
    Strange thing is most of the players we have signed from Liege have been found wanting in our league, even Buyens, who has yet to really prove his anything other than average. So your description does not make us that confident to be honest.
  • Options

Does his physical / hard working side ever come across simply as a headless chicken running round trying to look busy

Or is he one of these players who you constantly see getting stuck in making challenge after challenge and always looking for the ball?

he likes to challenge any ball that comes in his neighbourhood, that's for sure, he's a beast

the question is: is he quick enough to be able to challenge it at all? in the Belgian top level: no (the ball had already left when he was ready to challenge it)
    don't be too pessimistic: he is useful, experienced and reliable, but he will not let you win games
  • Options
    Is he more attacking or defensive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

Promising really?

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2003–2005 TSV 1860 München 9 (0)
    2005 Willem II 10 (0)
    2005–2006 Gençlerbirliği 4 (0)
    2006–2008 Tubize 56 (6)
    2008–2009 Excelsior Mouscron 29 (5)
    2009– Gent 45 (8)
    2012 → Waasland-Beveren (loan) 0 (0)

What was Yanns before he showed up?
    He's not a striker? Though this is probably a woosh moment :confused:
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Dazzler21 said:

17 games 4 assists, in the league

3 cup appearances 1 goal in that cup...

So we're going to obtain a cup player when we're not in the cup?

WTF? That is the strangest moan I've seen on here, among a strong field.
    It's one in jest Shirley anyone could see that!
  • Options

Is he more attacking or defensive?

in his better years: more attacking, he used to score quite a lot as a midfielder

in his latter years: more useful in defence (lacks the speed and skills for the attack) - i would put him as a central defender actually, because of his experience

don't give him the ball too much :-)
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Dazzler21 said:

Promising really?

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2003–2005 TSV 1860 München 9 (0)
    2005 Willem II 10 (0)
    2005–2006 Gençlerbirliği 4 (0)
    2006–2008 Tubize 56 (6)
    2008–2009 Excelsior Mouscron 29 (5)
    2009– Gent 45 (8)
    2012 → Waasland-Beveren (loan) 0 (0)

and since 2012?
    Waasland-Beveren 15 (5)
    Gent 39 (3) + 13 sub apps

Played 17 times for Gent this season but not played since Boxing Day.
    Some might say we haven't played since boxing day either!
    we haven't played since 8th November!
  • Options
    Another candidate for the "he's got no hair, but we don't care" song
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

Is he any good

his good points are: he works hard, is a teamplayer, great mentality, lots of experience, rather good with the head, is box-to-box, a good bloke that you can rely on

weaker points: speed (especially in the first meters) and technical skills (really modest)

he couldn't reach the necessary level for Belgian top football anymore because of his weak points, that is why he had to leave

the fans really liked the guy and his personality, but his speed and skills had become insufficient, especially in games against anderlecht, bruges...
    Cheers Mr Acworth.
  • Options

I can't work out if you are genuine - you're English is almost too perfect?

Either way, you've not done a great job of selling him. So basically he's too shit to play in the Belgian league so we'll off-load him to Charlton. He's slow and not very technical, but he'll give it a go because he's a team player, and a jolly nice fellow.

Just what we need.
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

Jarman said:

ghentfan said:

Do you want him back?
    nope :-)

and we certainly don't want Luzon back in Belgium! (sorry to say so)
    Hi ghentfan, and thank you very much for the information. I am not entirely sure if Lepoint is the prority signing we need, but I am sure if he does come he will add strength to the squad.

Out of interest, why would you not like to see Luzon back?
  • Options
    Sounds like a Pritchard type.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all relative, he's probably being compared to the likes of Dembele. If he's a step up from Buyens I would be happy.
  • Options
    braydex said:

I can't work out if you are genuine - you're English is almost too perfect?

well, thank you, i studied it for four years at university, so it should be nearly perfect

• Options
    ghentfan said:

ghentfan said:

Jarman said:

ghentfan said:

Do you want him back?
    nope :-)

and we certainly don't want Luzon back in Belgium! (sorry to say so)
    Hi ghentfan, and thank you very much for the information. I am not entirely sure if Lepoint is the prority signing we need, but I am sure if he does come he will add strength to the squad.

Out of interest, why would you not like to see Luzon back?
    Luzon is the sort of coach that wins games only because he makes his players agressive, dynamic, enthusiastic
    (he himself is - during games - the most explosive coach we have ever seen in Belgium: shouting like mad, throwing himself on the grass, pulling his hair out - really crazy!)

but he doesn't really care about tactics, about what the opponent plays like etc.

he puts everything on the motivation of his own team (and does that well, for a time, because players get fed up with that after a while)

in 2015 that kind of approach is rather... old-fashioned
    He sounds a bit like our very own Harry Redknapp - apart from the being animated on the touchline bit!
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

Is he any good

A Belgian Johnnie Jackson.
  • Options
    Signing players is a rollercoaster, at first I was "why him?" (then after earlier tweets from Ghent fans I was more "sounds promising." Now finally I am in full panic mode (thanks @Ghentfan).

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
  • Options

Wtf is book club is it like fight club but you beat eachother with books 8)

People read a book and then get together to discuss it.
    I suspect talk of reading a book is a bit lost on NLA.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ghentfan said:

Is he any good

Sounds like Semedo.