Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    kiwivalley
    Funny i actually read that he was 67cm tall at first...well short of the height test

Still taller than Chris Solly

• Options
    Sounds like another Andy Hughes to me. Ageing centre mid who will get stuck in but has next to no speed or technical skill / class. Let's hope he atleast gives us a few laughs like Hughesy did.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Oggy Red said:

skywalker said:

I hope you never get Wilmots as a coach. He's an utter prick !

We've already had Pardew; why would we want another?

I think you'll find that Pardew is a 'complete' rather than 'utter' prick. A fine distinction but a distinction nonetheless.

A complete and utter prick?
    Yes I could live with that.
    Pardew Top Trumps!
  • Options
    I don't think he is intended to play that much; he can't be as the philosophy is to play young players (this guy is thirty) to play hungry players (this guy is in the twilight of his career even if he is wanting to prove himself). He may be used as spare central defender or defending midfield to free Buyens to go forward. I cant see see him crossing the halfway line unless its for a corner. If he stays fit then he has his use but not as a regular player surely.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Sounds like another Andy Hughes to me. Ageing centre mid who will get stuck in but has next to no speed or technical skill / class. Let's hope he atleast gives us a few laughs like Hughesy did.

Except Andy Hughes quickly got the character and culture of this club and was very strong in instilling that in others and mentoring the younger players. He may not have done an awful lot on the pitch, but he was a very important character behind the scenes, by all accounts.

Not sure how M. Lepoint might fare on that score...and at the moment, I'm still hoping I won't have to find out!

• Options

Thank you for the info Ghent fan. I'm wondering how badly injured Le Point was after his car accident?

he broke his leg
    the accident wasn't his fault, he didn't drive
    but after that injury he never really regained his vivacity, his speed
    he was playing international a few times for Belgium before that accident; afterwards he never did anymore

again: use him to fight for the ball, for his experience, for his head game, for his good spirit on the pitch

but don't expect more than that

it's true that he played quite some matches for AA Gent before New Year; but that was mainly because we had some better players injured

we have another player for sale, a striker, Pollet - Charlton should take him, scores easily on the counter attack
    doesn't play because our other main striker (Depoitre) is even better
    he costs 1,5 milllion euros though...

• Options
    Talk to us about guy Luzon, I found it strange the Roland 2chalets divided the opinions of the SL fans I met last week, and I met some antwerp fans who ridiculed his attempts in politics but thought his vision was no different what man City are doing in the USA and Australia

They felt because he chose Europe and non fashionable clubs with the exception of liege that most people associated with those clubs treat him with scepticism

But Luzon it was unanimous he is rubbish and a tad strange
  • Options
    I was optimistic about this potential signing, now having read everything ghentfan has posted on this thread............................................. :(

Thanks for the info anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good luck with Christophe anyway, he really is a good bloke, we loved him for that
  • Options
    Honestly can't believe people are comparing him to Andy Hughes lol
  • Options
    More Keith Jones
  • Options
    So just to clear things up, we're not to give him the ball or he won't let us win games. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    It sounds like it's his ball
  • Options
    We need le trois point on Saturday
  • Options
    GuillaumeMaebe : Christophe Lepoint explains normal medical tests today off at #CAFC Lies contract of 2.5 years finished. through TobiasDaneelsUK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 1h1 hour ago

Charlton will announce the signing of Christophe Lepoint today, after his medicals. He will sign until 2017. #cafc
    0 replies 17 retweets 7 favorites
    Tom ‏@TomCuppens 28m28 minutes ago

@HLNinEngeland You can't but feel sorry for Charlton fans #cafc
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Charlton will announce the signing of Christophe Lepoint today, after his medicals. He will sign until 2017. #cafc

That's just someone with 3 followers that wrote that.

Couple of Gent fans are gutted that he's leaving on twitter.
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

cfgs said:

I know, it seems like he is a hardworking fans favourite but with a few drawbacks.

• Options
    Maybe we're thinking he can play in the defensive 2 of a 4-2-3-1, letting us push JC up a bit more? Seems we're fairly CM heavy now, though none of them seem to be shining out at the moment.
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

cfgs said:

you have to make a difference between
    "oh how sad it is that our Christophe, since 2009 with the club, is now leaving us, we liked him, he did everything for the club"
    and
    "oh how sad it is that Lepoint leaves us, because he is such a great player"

(nobody in Ghent says the second one)

• Options

skywalker said:

I hope you never get Wilmots as a coach. He's an utter prick !

But a good coach huh?
    I don't think Wilmots is a very good coach. With the number & quality of players he had during the last world cup (compared to the Dutch for instance), he underachieved IMO. He'll probably go on coaching a German team in the future. Also, again ... I think Le Point will fit in nicely. Luzon however ... well, I'm not a fan. I concur with Ghentfan that he's not a tactician, and sometimes a bit of an idiot. Anyway, you'll just have to wait and see what will happen on the pitch. In the end, that matters.
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

bobcafc7 said:

cfgs said:

"oh how sad it is that our Christophe, since 2009 with the club, is now leaving us, we liked him, he did everything for the club"
    and

Not expecting GREAT players we are a champoinship club not premier league but we are expecting good ones.
    How many in Ghent would say he is a good player?
  • Options

ghentfan said:

bobcafc7 said:

cfgs said:

and

Not expecting GREAT players we are a champoinship club not premier league but we are expecting good ones.
    How many in Ghent would say he is a good player?
    he is not a good player (anymore) for the Belgian top-5

but i think he is a good player for the championship (as i'm sure that my team would beat Charlton quite easily), if you set your expectations right

(Vetokele comes from our B-squad; players like Bulot, Buyens, Moussa, Watt... do not have a quality reputation in Belgium)
  • Options
    ghentfan said:

bobcafc7 said:

cfgs said:

and

But your just one fan , no offence I appreciate your opinion but if you asked 10 charltons fans what they thought of Buyens or Jackson you would get very different answers , I spoke to two gent fans on twitter that really rated him and one other that said he's not as good as he used to be.