Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    Got a feeling his going to be a Thomas Gravesen type player.
  • Options

A Buyens tackle is normally followed by a whiste, a free kick and quite often a yellow card

We do now seem to be looking for more defensive central midfielders which is good. We hadn't replaced Poyet as the player who protected the back four and retain possesion. Maybe Veljkoic is that player and maybe Lepoint. Or could we play both with Buyens further forward where he'll be less of a tackling liability and his passing might hurt the opposition.

But JBG seems better suited to that attacking role and where does Cousin's fit in?

Forget Buyens. If Lepoint is the player he's supposed to be there's no room for him. You'd either want Veljkovic with Lepoint with a four-man midfield or Veljkovic as the pivot in a three/five-man midfield, with Lepoint and Cousins in front of him. A central midfield of Lepoint and Buyens/Jackson isn't going to stretch anyone is it? They're not quick enough. Cousins will have to play in the middle.
  • Options

Hope CL can sponsor his shirt.

Great signing.

We're owed someone to replace MM.

• Options
    ghentfan said:

Is he more attacking or defensive?

in his better years: more attacking, he used to score quite a lot as a midfielder

in his latter years: more useful in defence (lacks the speed and skills for the attack) - i would put him as a central defender actually, because of his experience

don't give him the ball too much :-)
    Belgian Steven Gerrard then
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Cousins doesn't have good enough close control of the ball or good enough passing to play centrally IMO.
  • Options
    Well from what Iv'e seen and heard he appears to be a leader is experienced. Aggressive, Brave, Good Aerial Ability, High Work Rate/Stamina.

I still feel he be a more defensive type of player for us, as he doesn't seem to be the creative attacking midfielder/playmaker type, unless we use his physical presence higher up the pitch like Felliani.

On paper a good signing but Buyens is well known over in Belgium for his physical strengths and looks very average in the championship, still would like to see a natural playmaker who dictates the tempo controls the game for us makes things happen Moussa hopefully to become that no10 type player.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Reminds me of when we signed Brendan O'Connell, he stayed for a season and was tenacious (remember him elbowing Batty in the FA Cup, just before Keegan resigned) and he helped stabilise the club. Didn't stay long but he did a job as Curb's built towards promotion.

It led to the famous 'man in the hole' tactic that was touted in the 96/97 season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A Buyens tackle is normally followed by a whiste, a free kick and quite often a yellow card

We do now seem to be looking for more defensive central midfielders which is good. We hadn't replaced Poyet as the player who protected the back four and retain possesion. Maybe Veljkoic is that player and maybe Lepoint. Or could we play both with Buyens further forward where he'll be less of a tackling liability and his passing might hurt the opposition.

But JBG seems better suited to that attacking role and where does Cousin's fit in?

Forget Buyens. If Lepoint is the player he's supposed to be there's no room for him. You'd either want Veljkovic with Lepoint with a four-man midfield or Veljkovic as the pivot in a three/five-man midfield, with Lepoint and Cousins in front of him. A central midfield of Lepoint and Buyens/Jackson isn't going to stretch anyone is it? They're not quick enough. Cousins will have to play in the middle.
    wouldn't be surprised to see Buyens depart for Leige

• Options

welcome Christophe .. just what we've needed for a long time .. a tall and (hopefully) powerful midfielder .. recent signings are all good so far .. keep up the good work the CAFC 'purchasing team'

Agree with that if he's good enough. Now we need at least one centre forward, a creative midfielder, a centre-back, maybe a left back and possibly a winger. Can't see it happening.
  • Options
    If and when we first see him he will get it and give it, probably keep it simple, and have a positive attitude. Basically like a tall Jack Munns I suppose. If he proves to somehow be a game changer in three matches he will be liked for a fair while, woe betide him if he proves to be a liability.
    Anyway welcome to Charlton Athletic Christophe, best of luck.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Anyway welcome to Charlton Athletic Christophe, best of luck.

You'll need it!

;o)
  • Options
    anyone that can get in a belgium squad with that array of talent must have something abut him. STOP bloody moaning hes here now
  • Options
    hopefully as he trained today he goes straight in the starting 11 Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Iain Liddle's headline on the CAFC website is "Charlton complete signing of Belgium international Christophe Lepoint" - we've seen his Wikipedia page Iain, bit generous with the term "international" methinks.

That is akin to calling to calling me a neurosurgeon because I once gave someone a couple of aspirins when they complained of having a headache.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Iain Liddle's headline on the CAFC website is "Charlton complete signing of Belgium international Christophe Lepoint" - we've seen his Wikipedia page Iain, bit generous with the term "international" methinks.

That is akin to calling to calling me a neurosurgeon because I once gave someone a couple of aspirins when they complained of having a headache.

If he's made an appearance for his national team, then he's an International. Church has made dozens of appearances for Wales.......
  • Options

PL54 said:

Can we please start taking these photos of new signings in the Board Room rather than in some crappy office
    Now! We would know RD's network was buggered if DB signed before the deadline...
  • Options
    Good luck Christophe.
  • Options
    He's gonna fight from the first minute? - Gonna slap £10 on him being the first sending off then for Rotherham ;)
  • Options
    Welcome Christophe :smiley:
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him play.

Comes with a good reputation and his desire to fight is what we need and have been asking for.

Like all the rest who put the shirt on i'm 100% behind him.