Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    ghentfan said:

CAFCsayer said:

ghentfan said:

ghentfan said:

bobcafc7 said:

cfgs said:

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 1h1 hour ago

Charlton will announce the signing of Christophe Lepoint today, after his medicals. He will sign until 2017. #cafc
    0 replies 17 retweets 7 favorites
    Tom ‏@TomCuppens 28m28 minutes ago

@HLNinEngeland You can't but feel sorry for Charlton fans #cafc

That's just someone with 3 followers that wrote that.

Couple of Gent fans are gutted that he's leaving on twitter.
    you have to make a difference between
    "oh how sad it is that our Christophe, since 2009 with the club, is now leaving us, we liked him, he did everything for the club"
    and
    "oh how sad it is that Lepoint leaves us, because he is such a great player"

(nobody in Ghent says the second one)

Not expecting GREAT players we are a champoinship club not premier league but we are expecting good ones.
    How many in Ghent would say he is a good player?
    he is not a good player (anymore) for the Belgian top-5

but i think he is a good player for the championship (as i'm sure that my team would beat Charlton quite easily), if you set your expectations right

(Vetokele comes from our B-squad; players like Bulot, Buyens, Moussa, Watt... do not have a quality reputation in Belgium)
    You're shit and you got no fans

i love you too
    well said
  • Options

A Buyens tackle is normally followed by a whiste, a free kick and quite often a yellow card

We do now seem to be looking for more defensive central midfielders which is good. We hadn't replaced Poyet as the player who protected the back four and retain possesion. Maybe Veljkoic is that player and maybe Lepoint. Or could we play both with Buyens further forward where he'll be less of a tackling liability and his passing might hurt the opposition.

But JBG seems better suited to that attacking role and where does Cousin's fit in?

It'll be nice to actually have that problem. Players will have to perform to keep their place.

On JBG I prefer him out wide where he has a bit more space. Hopefully Luzon will also encourage our full backs to get forward, something Peeters didn't seem to do, which will also help JBG and whoever else is playing out wide.
  • Options
    Watt igor
    Harriott Moussa Gudmundsson
    Milos Le Point

That's what I'd do in a 4231

Gives us plenty of pace to hit on the break and two players to protect the back four and drop in and cover the full backs so they can get forward and provide the width!! I think moussa deserves another run in the team if he ever gets fit! Failing that I'd put buyens on that position! He would probably play slightly further back on the pitch and use his passing to create for the others to run onto... wouldn't mind having Adjarevic on the bench as another option till the end of the season!
  • Options

Watt igor
    Milos Le Point

That would be a 3232. :-)
  • Options

Watt igor
    Milos Le Point

That would be a 3232. :-)
    What I meant to say was either watt or igor up to but the forward slash must have been missed!
  • Options
    One down, at least one more signing to come if Luzon was correct in his prediction. A striker will be one of them, surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see us playing

-----------Milos
    ------Lepoint - Buyens
    -------Gudmundsson
    --------Igor ----Watt
  • Options
    Billy to sign later today I presume
  • Options
    Great signing! Sounds from reports like a player who will wear the shirt with pride and give 100% with every performance and that's all I want to see. Welcome Christophe and COYR!!!
  • Options
    Midfield is a weakness for us so I'm happy we've got 2 new ones in. Need to work on creating more chances for Igor and Watt now
  • Options
    dunno why but I have a good feeling about this one
  • Options
    I just hope he's more Mark Kinsella than Mikel Alonso.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree - I don't know why? It might just be the hope though.

I think he will be what our midfield needs......
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Billy to sign later today I presume

Who's Billy?
  • Options
    Reminds me of when we signed Brendan O'Connell, he stayed for a season and was tenacious (remember him elbowing Batty in the FA Cup, just before Keegan resigned) and he helped stabilise the club. Didn't stay long but he did a job as Curb's built towards promotion.
  • Options

Because it couldn't possibly get much worse perhaps?
  • Options
    Hope CL can sponsor his shirt.

Great signing.

• Options
    Sounds like there is a bit more promise to this signing than many of the others we have seen recently. Probably down to the fact that the club selling him would have been happy for him to stay, rather than desperate to ship him out.
  • Options
    Happy with this one.

I do wonder though if he had been part of the network there would be the same reasonably positive reaction?