Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Iain Liddle's headline on the CAFC website is "Charlton complete signing of Belgium international Christophe Lepoint" - we've seen his Wikipedia page Iain, bit generous with the term "international" methinks.

That is akin to calling to calling me a neurosurgeon because I once gave someone a couple of aspirins when they complained of having a headache.

Perhaps he should have said former international.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Valued at 1 mill

By who? He's valued at whatever we just paid for him, which I doubt is anywhere near £1m.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

''Watt's Lepoint'' is the headline just waiting to happen. Maybe Roly just has a very odd sense of humour.

'Charlton fans wonder what LePoint is when they keep on Luzon.'
  • Options
    Perhaps we will get more coverage now in the press. With the players we are signing it must be like shooting fish in a barrel in the press room...
  • Options
    So how do we pronounce his surname? /ləpwɛ̃/ or /ləpɔɪnt/ ?
  • Options

welcome Christophe .. just what we've needed for a long time .. a tall and (hopefully) powerful midfielder .. recent signings are all good so far .. keep up the good work the CAFC 'purchasing team'

He could be the new Dick Tydeman....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colin1961 said:

Valued at 1 mill

By who? He's valued at whatever we just paid for him, which I doubt is anywhere near £1m.
    I imagine that'll be transfermarkt again...
  • Options
    'Absolute toilet until proven decent'

My new Charlton recruitment judgement policy.
  • Options
    Julius Caesar conquered the whole of Gaul in 57 BCE, and famously said that of all people of Gaul the Belgians were the bravest.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Looks like I ate my words from yesterday. Want sure we'd get someone in. However I like this signing a lot. Genk fans seem disapointed to lose him, and his first comments included him saying he will fight for Charlton from the first moment. Love his mentality
  • Options
    30 years old? Blimey, he looks older than me, and I'm 59!

Sorry Dave, does this have anything to do with Specsavers ?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

''Watt's Lepoint'' is the headline just waiting to happen. Maybe Roly just has a very odd sense of humour.

Christophe clinches Lepoint for Charlton

Christophe scores Lepoint blank winner for Charlton

• Options
    Good good. Centre mid and defense now sorted... now how about the problem area we've had all season. Not heard a whisper about a striker (other than fan generated bollocks). If we sign one I'll consider this a good effort at Jan window from Roly the meddler.
  • Options
    I read above that from the Belgium support that Lepoint is not good enough for a top 5 Belgium team. From what I have seen from the Belgium league, the top teams would struggle to make the Championship top 6 due to the physical demands of the division. The top Belgium teams may make top 6 but would struggle to get promoted. That's part of the problem. There is an underestimation of the strength of the championship in comparison to the Jupiler League.

So Lepoint a fighting character but he is reported as being a bit slow and not that skillfull. This does not look like this is a transfer that will propel Charlton up the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Good good. Centre mid and defense now sorted... now how about the problem area we've had all season. Not heard a whisper about a striker (other than fan generated bollocks). If we sign one I'll consider this a good effort at Jan window from Roly the meddler.

where?

• Options
    Simonsen said:

welcome Christophe .. just what we've needed for a long time .. a tall and (hopefully) powerful midfielder .. recent signings are all good so far .. keep up the good work the CAFC 'purchasing team'

I had exactly the same thought earlier today .. great minds think alike ((:>)
  • Options

Simonsen said:

I had exactly the same thought earlier today .. great minds think alike ((:>)
    Vaguely remember him, was he consistently any good and what division where we at the time and what position. ?
  • Options

No idea on the correct version Jessie, but I doubt many in South London will be writing ləpwɛ̃ or ləpɔɪnt
  • Options

Addicted said:

where?

Well now we'll stop playing Solly in midfield, meaning we can use Gomez at CB. Signing a CM should mean we can therefore play 2 other players in their favoured positions.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    CRIS-TOFF LA-PWA is good enough for a sarf Londoner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZeLr6Rfnc
  • Options

Definitely ləpɔɪnt

• Options
    skywalker said:

Julius Caesar conquered the whole of Gaul in 57 BCE, and famously said that of all people of Gaul the Belgians were the bravest.
    I'm not sure how 'pure' the Belgian tribal bloodlines still are, but they have survived a vicious German invasion in 1914, another one in 1940 and earlier, centuries of Burgundian, Spanish and Hapsburg colonialism, and the Belgians are still alive and prospering very nicely thank you.
    Christophe, judging by his name is a Walloon, a 'French' Belgian. According to the 'Flemish' Belgians, the French Belgians are not Belgians at all, merely foreign interlopers.