Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christophe Lepoint to sign ? (ed. Signed)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a good signing and it's the experience we have been calling out for all be in not championship experience.

Welcome Christophe
  • Options
    edited January 2015

So how do we pronounce his surname? /ləpwɛ̃/ or /ləpɔɪnt/ ?

Definitely ləpɔɪnt

You think so? I was going to go for ləpɛ̃ɔzczɪtəpwɛ̃
  • Options

Uboat said:

So how do we pronounce his surname? /ləpwɛ̃/ or /ləpɔɪnt/ ?

Definitely ləpɔɪnt

You think so? I was going to go for ləpɛ̃ɔzczɪtəpwɛ̃
    well if you use up all the roll, make sure you replace it

Admin, please move to Tifo thread.
  • Options
    Looks a decent signing to me on paper. Fingers crossed
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Welcome To CAFC.

THE LION POPE, CHRIST !
  • Options
    Honestly not sure what to make of this signing, if it is positive or not, we will see.

Like his attitude but worried if he is seen by fans as not good enough to play for a top half Belgian club that he will struggle here, hopefully not the case though.
  • Options

A Buyens tackle is normally followed by a whiste, a free kick and quite often a yellow card

We do now seem to be looking for more defensive central midfielders which is good. We hadn't replaced Poyet as the player who protected the back four and retain possesion. Maybe Veljkoic is that player and maybe Lepoint. Or could we play both with Buyens further forward where he'll be less of a tackling liability and his passing might hurt the opposition.

But JBG seems better suited to that attacking role and where does Cousin's fit in?

RD sells Cousins to balance the books??

• Options
    Sounds like he's got all the attributes to play for a Championship team.

If he was also quicker and had breathtaking technique he'd already be playing in the Prem.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going off his stats on Football Manager, he'll sit in the middle of the pitch, contest (and likely win) the ball for 90 minutes. Very physical, determined and hard working. Needs a ball player alongside him or we still won't create very much.

• Options
    He is a former Belgian International, who wasn't good enough for the Belgian Pro League (presumably after having his leg re-built after a car crash) that has been shipped out to us. What's exciting about him? If he wasn't part of the 'network' I would have a hefty bet on the fact we wouldn't have even been looking at him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but what is the 'lepoint' of signing players like him?

Also....Why is every fee now 'undisclosed'. If we have paid a fee for him and both clubs have agreed to it, why can't it be public? It just adds to the grubby feeling that we are all being conned. Be open and honest and it will help to get supporters back on side.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    braydex said:

He is a former Belgian International, who wasn't good enough for the Belgian Pro League (presumably after having his leg re-built after a car crash) that has been shipped out to us. What's exciting about him? If he wasn't part of the 'network' I would have a hefty bet on the fact we wouldn't have even been looking at him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but what is the 'lepoint' of signing players like him?

Also....Why is every fee now 'undisclosed'. If we have paid a fee for him and both clubs have agreed to it, why can't it be public? It just adds to the grubby feeling that we are all being conned. Be open and honest and it will help to get supporters back on side.

Seriously where have you been @braydex... When any club signs a player its always for an undisclosed fee these days, its not just Charlton who do this, its only the real big players (Bale / de Maria etc...) who have theirs disclosed.

Any a club saying they've spend £1m / £4m on a player is asking for trouble anyway - Instantly if they want to sign another player from another club they're going to want to sign him for as cheap possible else the conversation will be:

Charlton: We want to sign X player for £500k
    Selling Club: Feck off our player is worth £2m and we know you can afford it because you've just spent £4m on a player who isnt as good as ours
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

The gospel that isTransfermarkt.co.uk have him at 1.5million Euros.

Thanks! Saves me looking that up :)
    That's the same as Vetokele (before being uprated) same as Tucudean and others but below Buyens.

people speculating about Buyens (or Jackson!) going but surely they are just building up the first 18 and we will have serious options on the bench now.

The arrival of Lepoint finalises the transformation of the front six which is in unrecognisable compared to the last few seasons...
    Buyens, Lepoint, Gudmundsson, Watt and Vetokele with just Cousins from before and perhaps Wilson and Jackson on the bench?

Question is whether this new look and new coach any good? Find out on Saturday won't we!
  • Options
    If he made a fleeting appearance for Belgium five years ago in his mid-20s but has faded back from that level, fast forward on and translating to England, that would be an Adam Johnson, Emile Heskey, Jay Boothroyd, Steven Warnock, Shaun Wright Phillips type level.

Or Darren Bent...
  • Options
    Wouldnt mind it being Adam Johnson level... God I forgot that Jay Bothroyd has an England cap though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's not forget the one and only Francis Jeffers.
  • Options

If he made a fleeting appearance for Belgium five years ago in his mid-20s but has faded back from that level, fast forward on and translating to England, that would be an Adam Johnson, Emile Heskey, Jay Boothroyd, Steven Warnock, Shaun Wright Phillips type level.

Or Darren Bent...

It does seem that the effects of the broken leg from the car crash and the long period of recovery, played a significant part of his never again being picked for Belgium.

• Options
    braydex said:

It's been that way for a few years now. Any fees we paid under Slater and Jimenez were undisclosed.
  • Options
    Judge him on his time here etc etc but my initial reaction... Well it's a but pffft isn't it?
  • Options
    He looks like Bruce Thingy that played Terry Wossisname on the Bill (go on, you know who I mean!). Hope he's a better player. I remain in my perpetual state of "meh-ness" I'm afaraid. Welcome Christophe. I'll give you a fair crack until you convince me either way.