Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tucudean completes 'step forward' from Charlton to Steaua Bucharest

Comments

• Options
    What a load of old tosh! Got into some good positions but not strong enough physically or mentally for championship football. We deserve much much better than gorgeous George!
  • Options

Deserves a flag
  • Options
    Seems that "step forward" might have been a stumble !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Seems that "step forward" might have been a stumble !

Why? what's happened?
  • Options
    offered reduced terms at SB, sulked and then moved out
  • Options
    I think if most of is were offered reduced terms by our employer we may be a bit naffed off too.
  • Options

I think if most of is were offered reduced terms by our employer we may be a bit naffed off too.

Ask Yann.
  • Options
    Move along please
  • Options
    Surprised. Must be more to it. I believe his family are wealthy and he plays for his love of the game rather than the money. A gig at one of the biggest clubs in his home country must be a dream for him but hardly got a look in for a league that must be stratas below the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Stratas below the Championship" is harsh. A random Romanian team knocked West Ham out of Europe. A second string team, yes, but still likely to be around Championship level. And Steaua would have higher expectations than Astra Giurgiu.
  • Options
    Thought we had a gem against Derby at home. Backed him in the pub aginst the critics but I was wrong. Talented but too erratic amd mentally weak.

Missed the chance to be a Charlton legend.
  • Options

offered reduced terms at SB, sulked and then moved out

Is he back with us then? Oh good!!
  • Options
    He could hook up with PP at that danish club and forge a lethal partnership. Lethal for those behind the goal anyway, or in the neighbouring field, anyone whose not the keeper basically.
  • Options
    George did not adapt to the English game and was bullied by big CHs. Perhaps a loan until Xmas to a D1 or D2 side may help him. Personally I am not a fan of the great dane who has yet to have a shot in a Charlton shirt, and his hold-up play is greatly over-hyped and not in the class of a certain frenchman.
  • Options

George did not adapt to the English game and was bullied by big CHs. Perhaps a loan until Xmas to a D1 or D2 side may help him. Personally I am not a fan of the great dane who has yet to have a shot in a Charlton shirt, and his hold-up play is greatly over-hyped and not in the class of a certain frenchman.

To find someone in the class of said frenchman is going to be nigh on impossible! At this level he was the complete striker! Strong and could give it out to defenders as good as he got! Would put his body on the line every game! Was good in the air and a great finisher with his head and feet! Was great with his back to goal reviving the ball on his chest and bringing others into play. But he was best when the ball was played to his feet! His hold up play and flick ons were outstanding!

Big mak may have some of these qualities but will never be the rounded player kermit had!

In my opinion Tucudean has more qualities than Mak and is closer to the type of player that Kermit was but obviously is not of the same class! However given a full season in the championship or on loan and working with coaches I think tuc could develop into a useful player! And is the only hold up player we have as back up to Mak.
  • Options

Overhyped after one game where everyone basically said 'yep, he did alright'? You do make me laugh harveys
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yann has never really looked after himself close season. He came back overweight when with us and we're told looks overweight now. At 33 (34 before Christmas) I can't see why he thinks he's going to get a gig in the PL. If he can apply himself and lose weight then perhaps he could hack it for another season in the Championship. I'm not sure that I want him back particularly. I think Yann's Charlton ship has sailed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mak has only played one league game but also half a dozen friendlies.
  • Options

And? Friendlies are an opportunity for the players to get fitness and get to grips with the season's tactics. Considering we spent all pre-season giving players 45 minutes before throwing the kids as well in you'd have to be insane to judge a player on friendly performances.
  • Options

And? Friendlies are an opportunity for the players to get fitness and get to grips with the season's tactics. Considering we spent all pre-season giving players 45 minutes before throwing the kids as well in you'd have to be insane to judge a player on friendly performances.
    And this again.
  • Options
    I saw Tuc play in one game last season (can't remember who against) where we went down to ten men. He was superb and could have had a hat rick. A lot of his skills reminded me of Flanagan. I know he didn't do it consistently, but there is definitely a very good player in there.
  • Options
    George can be a Hell of a player.

I, too, remember his performance against Derby. I also remember him scoring one, and making one for Jacko, against Bolton.

HOWEVER, he has the same problem as AA and Watt, in that I don't think he is a naturally fit player. So, on that basis, forget playing George and Watt in the same team!

The caveat, though, is that if anyone can let the player inside George out, it is Guy.

We would be wise to not discount him just yet...
  • Options

Remember him? Scored the winner for Romania against Israel tonight.

He might be good enough for Romania, but not good enough for Charlton.

Might have been different if he'd scored against Millwall.