Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tucudean completes 'step forward' from Charlton to Steaua Bucharest

Comments

• Options
    I always thought he looked a decent player

Written off and got rid off far too quickly, even the best players take a while to adapt to a new country and league, and he was moved on after 6 months
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I thought he looked good in about three of his 20 or so games-although you could argue he should have been given longer, he looked shit in the majority of games he played for us. Also I thought the Millwall miss wasn’t that bad at all as the keeper came out well and narrowed the angle- I remember more his horrible one on one miss on debut against Brentford.

Plus he dived a lot and I will never warm to a player who does that too often...
  • Options
    We've had a lot worse forwards than him
  • Options
    Good luck to him, but he was absolutely terrible for us.
  • Options
    If he was any good then perhaps he would have again left the Romanian league and moved to somewhere stronger.
  • Options
    Tucudean Fact Of The Day (maybe)

His wiki says he’s from a rich family worth £80m.
  • Options

Will never forget when he got that quality brace against Derby and these two old geezers Infront of me saw him lose a header to a big Derby centre back, they quite literally said 'get that bloke of he's rubbish'. I just knew from that some fans would never give him a chance.

I personally liked him, think if he bulked up a bit and had more time with us he could have been decent

Brace?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

We've had a lot worse forwards than him

Akpo. *shudder*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent footballer, just inconsistent and if you play up front and don’t score like Darren bent you get boo boys after you.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Tucudean Fact Of The Day (maybe)

His wiki says he’s from a rich family worth £80m.

In that case lets be nice about him and his family might buy the club.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

A broken clock is right twice a day. He was shite.

Our so called 'boo boys' aren't particularly loud or intimidating so let's not blame the fans for the fact that he did next to nothing in most games he played for us.

I gave up on him when he missed two golden opportunities in the first half at a midweek home game v Wolves(I believe).
  • Options
    Decent player, unforgivable miss.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

A broken clock is right twice a day. He was shite.

Our so called 'boo boys' aren't particularly loud or intimidating so let's not blame the fans for the fact that he did next to nothing in most games he played for us.

Plus he never got booed.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Technically good player but wasn't used to the English style of 'lump it to the forward'.

At the time the crowd had zero patience in the team and it didn't take too much for new players to be written off.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Always a player with good ability. And a good provider, as Vetokele did well playing in tandem with him.

Maybe a bit lightweight and needed more time to adapt to the English game.

From memory, Cardiff at home when Harriett got send off, and JBG scored a worldy, George was superb but still couldn't score, I have always thought he would make it at some level. Championship was too high, as he was so inconsistent. Igor said he found Tucudean very hard to read, when he did all those flicks.
    Yet again failing at Cafc doesn't mean you won't make it somewhere else.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Will never forget when he got that quality brace against Derby and these two old geezers Infront of me saw him lose a header to a big Derby centre back, they quite literally said 'get that bloke of he's rubbish'. I just knew from that some fans would never give him a chance.

I personally liked him, think if he bulked up a bit and had more time with us he could have been decent

Brace?
    Yeah I just checked and he only scored one, I must be going daft or something, I think he may have set Vetokele up well for his goal then cause I remember thinking he played a big part in two of our goals, my bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

JaShea99 said:

Brace?
    Yeah I just checked and he only scored one, I must be going daft or something, I think he may have set Vetokele up well for his goal then cause I remember thinking he played a big part in two of our goals, my bad
    He turned their defender inside out about three times to win the penalty that Buyens scored from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qtgJipt2o
  • Options
    Wasn't a great player but showed glimpses and given more time he could have adapted.

He should have been brought in as second choice to partner Igor and given time to adapt to the game etc. Instead he was our only option to partner Igor and then our only option to lead the line once igor had got injured.
  • Options
    Great advert of why Pope wasn’t rated ‘that’ highly for us in that video...
  • Options
    Have we come so far that some of our fan base reminisce about Tucudean!?! He was awful
  • Options

Have we come so far that some of our fan base reminisce about Tucudean!?! He was awful

Awful players don't have games like he did against Derby and Cardiff.

Be interesting to see if he becomes a regular for Romania now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Great advert of why Pope wasn’t rated ‘that’ highly for us in that video...

Not his finest moment, perhaps.

Just watched it through on slomo ..... that shot took a wicked late bounce just as he was about to gather it.
    Keeper's bad dream. More experienced keepers than Pope have been deceived like that.

• Options
  • Options
    Lets be honest, no one thought Pope would even get a game at Burnley let alone England
  • Options
    edited March 2018

JaShea99 said:

Brace?
    He turned their defender inside out about three times to win the penalty that Buyens scored from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qtgJipt2o
    What a hideous kit that was

Looking at the teams, I see Gomez was RB while Dillon Phillips was our reserve keeper that day. Indeed other than Jackson, Phillips is the only player still with us, unless you count Leon Best who came off the bench for Derby!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28749995
  • Options

Any news of Leon Best?

Is he still rehabilitating at the club?