Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You don't know what you're doing .

Comments

• Options
    masicat said:

Was embarrassed to be a Charlton supporter when these tossers started the chant. New manager, second game ffs. Makes me question after 50 years what sort of mindless twats now support my club.

Most of us have been embarrassed to be a Charlton supporter for the last three months (at least)
  • Options

I miss bacon/blockquote>

• Options
    Seriously don't DM :smile:
  • Options
    I think I agree with vff, if anything Luzon did more harm than good today. I am really struggling to discern what Luzon is bringing to the table, because it certainly isn't new manager bounce.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If RD had appointed Curbs (we/he seemed very keen on the idea) would people be as impatient and willing to aim stick at the coach just two games into his tenure?

Their is no doubt that the way RD is going about his business in the footballing term is currently not working, but I think the manager/coach deserves a bit more time than 2 games. The whole 'Luzon is working for RD so he can take it as well' is way unfair imo, especially when a Charlton legend made in publicaly clear he was happy to come here under the same ownership.
  • Options
    The long ball shit is back but mixed up with sideways and backwards passing.

Or is it Belgian total football?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I miss Riga.

He will return. And probably not too soon.
    Only problem for Roland is that when he gives him the boot again around May/June time he'll have exhausted his managers list and dare I say it will have to go the traditional route of appointing someone that he's got nothing on!
  • Options

If RD had appointed Curbs (we/he seemed very keen on the idea) would people be as impatient and willing to aim stick at the coach just two games into his tenure?

Their is no doubt that the way RD is going about his business in the footballing term is currently not working, but I think the manager/coach deserves a bit more time than 2 games. The whole 'Luzon is working for RD so he can take it as well' is way unfair imo, especially when a Charlton legend made in publicly clear he was happy to come here under the same ownership.

I think it is stretching it to say that Curbs was happy to come here under the same ownership. I think he said that he would be happy to talk to them or something like that. It was a pretty neutral and general statement.
  • Options

masicat said:

masicat said:

if the only thing you both can complain about after watching that shower is the fans you need to look at yourselves

no effort, players walking around like it was a training match, I may not have been going 50 years like you masicat its a bit hard when I am only 24, but I am still a Charlton fan and that today was not my team.

This is what the players see as they come out

was there any effort today, NO

Yep, and all this shit is the fault of a brand new manager in his second game? If anyone watching the game today wondered why Ventokele went off then they shouldn't be watching Football. To slag him off with a derogatory chant was not fair to him or the player coming on. Tossers every one.
    Really cant believe how naive you are, honestly after watching that all you can complain about is the fans

not the lack of effort by the players
    not the lack of tactical ability from the manager
    not the lack of a brain of the owner
    Yep. The football is shit, the players in the main are hopeless. The effort has been dreadful. I will say it again, THIS IS A MANAGER IN HIS SECOND GAME ! I posted about the chant to him in his second game. I wasn't commenting on anything else. Now, is that clearer?
    its not his 2nd game ever is management, he has a career in management, It dont matter if he has not managed here before, if that was needed why was he hired, BP had a great start to his career here despite having no Championship experience.

he has managed in Belgium's top flight, as well as the Champions League
    Bang on fella
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I think I agree with vff, if anything Luzon did more harm than good today. I am really struggling to discern what Luzon is bringing to the table, because it certainly isn't new manager bounce.

I said when he was appointed, let him parachute into the valley,
    because that was the only way we would get a new manager bounce,
    and he would hit the ground running.

• Options

Only person being naive Paulie is you, we played ok in spells today and there was definitely effort from players from where i was sitting, unfortunately we fall a bit short in the quality of player department. Its so obvious to all that the ball just does not stick up front and it would not matter who you have as manager it would be the same, so until that is address addressed you carry on being naive with the kids who sing these silly songs in the north upper.

£2.50 please
  • Options

I miss Riga.

Fair point but have you ever given Tallinn a try?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Was embarrassed to be a Charlton supporter when these tossers started the chant. New manager, second game ffs. Makes me question after 50 years what sort of mindless twats now support my club.

I have a different view to you.

Get the 8,05ish to York and we can have a chat
  • Options

I miss Riga.

Fair point but have you ever given Tallinn a try?

I had to Google what Tallinn was. I now know something new so thank you bazjonster :smile:
  • Options
    I think our fans were right to question the coaches/Rolands idea to keep just one striker on the pitch.

I think this was the hair that broke the camel back for me, i was fuming before kick off. If Igor's carrying an injury even more reason to play a striker alongside him? He didn't want to come off, good i don't want players happy to come off when they are the top scorer at the club.

As someone who did clap Solly and the players who came over at Watford,
    despite the rubbish i had seen, Luzon nearly got lucky today.

If I thought it was wrong when Powell was defensive after going a goal up at home, and Bob did the same, So ffs why should i put up with it just because it's his 1st game in charge. I don't want another passive coach.

Is there anyone on CL who thought they wouldn't score when we packed our penalty area ? This must be your first home game as well if you said yes.

• Options
    Presumably leaving Iggy to hobble around looking with a visible limp would have been a masterstroke! He clearly wasn't/isn't totally fit but the choice is him or Church whilst Watt returns to full match fitness...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

just proved he knows nothing

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7m7 minutes ago
    Spoke to Guy Luzon after the press conference. He felt team dropped too deep after goal, inviting pressure.

what was he expecting taking Harriott off for Gomez

Didnt he bring Gomez on after Dmitrovic made the worldy of a save?

That was probably the moment he felt we were getting too deep so decided to bring a Defender on to help with the Defensive aspect.
  • Options

masicat said:

I have a different view to you.

Get the 8,05ish to York and we can have a chat
    Well i agree with Musicat. See you on the quite coach

;-)
  • Options

especially when a Charlton legend made in publicaly clear he was happy to come here under the same ownership.

Curbs didn't make it clear he was happy to come here under the same ownership, he said he was available for talks. I don't think anyone can suggest it likely he'd have come away from a chat with Roland and Katrien and still accept the job on their terms!
  • Options

Their is no doubt that the way RD is going about his business in the footballing term is currently not working, but I think the manager/coach deserves a bit more time than 2 games. The whole 'Luzon is working for RD so he can take it as well' is way unfair imo, especially when a Charlton legend made in publicaly clear he was happy to come here under the same ownership.

No, because AC knows the club, knows English football and would come with all the goodwill in the world
  • Options

There is no affinity with the new manager and the fans... Hardly got a rapturous welcome....dead man walking

Nor did Riga or Peters or Parkinson and in fact Curbs appointment as single manager was not overwhelmingly accepted.

• Options
    Just wondered if Luzon was big on Pilates, he spent half of the match crouching on his haunches.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

"we just had to accept the way RD runs the club".

priceless comment from a CEO of a club with paying customers, ( I think that's what the corporate departments call us these days).

You could imagine Philip Clarke saying that as he ruined Tesco.