Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You don't know what you're doing .

Comments

• Options

Guy Luzon - what a clown.
    Terrible decisions and tactics from him today. Looks like an absolute div in the touch line.

Roland sell up, piss off and take Luzon and Meire with you. Bunch of clueless morons.

Agree. How did he not play Fox?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Terrible decisions and tactics from him today. Looks like an absolute div in the touch line.

Roland sell up, piss off and take Luzon and Meire with you. Bunch of clueless morons.

Agree. How did he not play Fox?
    Erm..
    What?
  • Options
    If we do play better away it's because we can sit back and play on the counter, at home in theory at least we have to force the issue a bit. That's where it all goes wrong, we have very little creativity at the moment. Blame the fans if you like, but I don't think you can expect people to not get frustrated with the utter garbage that gets served up week after week.
  • Options
    Wtf is the crouching he does in his technical area. Wasn't sure if we had AVB in charge at first. Maybe he will just trying to hide tho after killing the atmosphere with his substitution.

People need to wake up and realise Harriot is not a forward
  • Options

Wtf is the crouching he does in his technical area. Wasn't sure if we had AVB in charge at first. Maybe he will just trying to hide tho after killing the atmosphere with his substitution.

Ridiculous crouch. I bet the board didn't know he done that when he was offered the job. Bloke behind me said he got the sack once for crouching during a game. Hope we haven't got to put up with him crouching every bloody game. Maybe we can get a song going?
    Riga thought Harriot was a forward when he scored 5 in 2 games last season. But agree, let's get him in goal.
  • Options
    Suppose that's the only position he knows when Roland walks in his room.

That's nice, still doesn't mean your a striker
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Tutt-Tutt said:

"we just had to accept the way RD runs the club".

priceless comment from a CEO of a club with paying customers, ( I think that's what the corporate departments call us these days).

Since the abolition of the fans director and disappearance of the shares the ownership of CAFC has become more and more concentrated. Whatever people said about Jiminez and Slater, they had to negotiate with:
    1) Richard Murray who guaranteed the overdraft
    2) the bank who were owed £5m on the mortgage for the North upper
    3) the ex directors (including Murray) who are owed £10m payable on returning to the FAPL. These people are senior debt holders and can block the transfer of equity or raising new capital which would put them down the pecking order.

Believe it or not the old board was accountable - that is to a variety of knowledgeable creditors I have described. Duchatelet isn't because he owns the club outright and can pay off the last £1m on the mortgage whenever he wants. And that statement sums it up. "He does what he wants".

He either lacks the insight, humility and/or football intelligence to realise that he needs a director of football across the network to communicate and execute football strategy. In short he has taken on four (or six) clubs and he doesn't have a scooby!

He won't get Liege relegated but he's taking us down!

Started off well and new young talent arrived last summer but there has been a complete failure to follow up to keep momentum going.

Statements like the above and the "interview on the train" together with the supposed shortlisting have revealed in a fairly stark and cruel way what some have known for quite a while.

Namely that Katrien Meire is a puppet and is basically in charge of contracts and administration. You cannot hope to succeed in such a competitive league without leadership, technically competent football management AND someone looking out for the interests of CAFC.

We need serious attacking talent to arrive yesterday not a graduate administrator telling us we have to accept how the club is run. Is she serious in suggesting we should cheer on Lepoint and a 1-1 draw vs Rotherham FFS? No wins in ten? One goal in five? Random signings this window in and out with no explanation about the vision and strategy incl

No, Ms Meire, you need to recognise that your boss has serious cash and knows how to put up buildings plus he can hire and fire a coach. But he knows sweet FA about building a competitive squad in this league and is either too afraid and or too arrogant to put someone in charge with the gravitas and technical competence to build a winning team. Riga did it and was replaced. Says it all.
    Are you suggesting that 3) has changed? I don't think it has. Doesn't buy them much influence day to day, but I don't think it's any different from before except that RD has the funds to buy out these loans if he chooses.
  • Options
    RugbyAddick Member
    2:06AM said
    'A serious question is 'why do we play better away Than at home?'

I don't think we've lost 0-5 or 0-3 at home yet, so is it better away?
  • Options
    Any one notice the size of Luzon's shoes, from where I was sitting they looked massive, could have been an old pair of Peeters.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

"we just had to accept the way RD runs the club".

priceless comment from a CEO of a club with paying customers, ( I think that's what the corporate departments call us these days).

Since the abolition of the fans director and disappearance of the shares the ownership of CAFC has become more and more concentrated. Whatever people said about Jiminez and Slater, they had to negotiate with:
    1) Richard Murray who guaranteed the overdraft
    2) the bank who were owed £5m on the mortgage for the North upper
    3) the ex directors (including Murray) who are owed £10m payable on returning to the FAPL. These people are senior debt holders and can block the transfer of equity or raising new capital which would put them down the pecking order.

Believe it or not the old board was accountable - that is to a variety of knowledgeable creditors I have described. Duchatelet isn't because he owns the club outright and can pay off the last £1m on the mortgage whenever he wants. And that statement sums it up. "He does what he wants".

He either lacks the insight, humility and/or football intelligence to realise that he needs a director of football across the network to communicate and execute football strategy. In short he has taken on four (or six) clubs and he doesn't have a scooby!

He won't get Liege relegated but he's taking us down!

Started off well and new young talent arrived last summer but there has been a complete failure to follow up to keep momentum going.

Statements like the above and the "interview on the train" together with the supposed shortlisting have revealed in a fairly stark and cruel way what some have known for quite a while.

Namely that Katrien Meire is a puppet and is basically in charge of contracts and administration. You cannot hope to succeed in such a competitive league without leadership, technically competent football management AND someone looking out for the interests of CAFC.

We need serious attacking talent to arrive yesterday not a graduate administrator telling us we have to accept how the club is run. Is she serious in suggesting we should cheer on Lepoint and a 1-1 draw vs Rotherham FFS? No wins in ten? One goal in five? Random signings this window in and out with no explanation about the vision and strategy incl

No, Ms Meire, you need to recognise that your boss has serious cash and knows how to put up buildings plus he can hire and fire a coach. But he knows sweet FA about building a competitive squad in this league and is either too afraid and or too arrogant to put someone in charge with the gravitas and technical competence to build a winning team. Riga did it and was replaced. Says it all.
    Are you suggesting that 3) has changed? I don't think it has. Doesn't buy them much influence day to day, but I don't think it's any different from before except that RD has the funds to buy out these loans if he chooses.
    The status of the debt has not changed. But this owner does not need to raise new capital nor sell in a hurry so they no longer have any leverage. They may have been influential under the old owners but I don't know for sure.
    There is no reason to buy out the loans as they are interest free and only repayable should we reach the FAPL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If that happens this week, I will gladly have all of that tattooed on my arse.
  • Options
    If you are a manager in any profession, how many pony employees do you have to accept, bought in by others, when they reflect on your personal performance?
  • Options

The West Stand Saga Firm were pelting him with tartan patterned flasks. He was avoiding a clump on the swede.
  • Options

Or a footballer based on what I've seen this season
  • Options

There is literally no chance our team can look up to and respect Luzon. What kind of message does it send to the players when he takes off your top scorer and leaves a shit midfielder on upfront? Think that along with other things may have just confirmed their suspicions that he's in too deep

The fella is out of his depth.

Look at his history, unless football in Israel is stronger than I thought.

Having said that, whilst I stand by the above, he gets my support. Duchatelet does not get my support though.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Agree 100% these idiots are embarrassing to the club
    Plus Luzon got it right so who don't know what there talking about....Vetokele was clearly injured, Luzon could be seen talking to the club Doctor then took him off, so clearly on medical grounds the change was made

Actually I just think the club should sack Luzon and put Colin in charge. His superior medical skills, his clearly superior tactical coaching prowess, so much so that he can label those not in the know but with opinions based on what they see on the pitch as Idiots! Perhaps he is actually Luzon in disguise!
    Actually I think I prefer Luzon in charge. But hey what do I know I sit in the North Upper so must be an Idiot!
    Where do you sit Colin?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shirty5 said:

Within 10 seconds a Charlton crowd was elated to see a forward coming on, then to go to pure disgust to see him replacing the man who we wanted to see him partner.

Igor's reaction to being substituted was enough said for mine.

Knowing me, as most do, you might be surprised by the latest of " Fanny's Foughts" ...

I'm not condoning the subs that GL made yesterday ; the striker for striker but more pertinent bringing on Gomez for Harriott when we had taken the lead.

BUT how many times did Curbs get grief for not making subs earlier than the fans demanded ? Both Curbs & SCP were "guilty" of this and of making a sub (applauded by the faithful) but not taking off the player we all assumed they would ( gasps /groans of horror) ?

As for trying to protect a 1 goal lead.......

All I'm trying to say is , as much as I loved/respected both former Legends, they were far from blameless in making substitutions.

Shouldn't we give GL a bit of slack ?

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Last week we were feeling a sense of pride as we drew away to Watford without conceding, people lay off Luzon a bit.

Oh, so I hallucinated the 5-0 drubbing at Vicarage Road then? Well that's a relief :-)
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Last week we were feeling a sense of pride as we drew away to Watford without conceding, people lay off Luzon a bit.

Oh, so I hallucinated the 5-0 drubbing at Vicarage Road then? Well that's a relief :-)
    I really enjoyed the 4-0 home win against millwall as well.
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

colin1961 said:

Plus Luzon got it right so who don't know what there talking about....Vetokele was clearly injured, Luzon could be seen talking to the club Doctor then took him off, so clearly on medical grounds the change was made

Actually I just think the club should sack Luzon and put Colin in charge. His superior medical skills, his clearly superior tactical coaching prowess, so much so that he can label those not in the know but with opinions based on what they see on the pitch as Idiots! Perhaps he is actually Luzon in disguise!
    Actually I think I prefer Luzon in charge. But hey what do I know I sit in the North Upper so must be an Idiot!
    Where do you sit Colin?
    Don't tell him Col, it's a trick. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015
    colin1961 said:

Vetekele was so injured that he got really upset about being taken off. Definitely the sign of an injured player.

Also, if he is injured then why are the club playing him in the first place ? Why also was there no other strikers on the bench ? Leaving one striker to be surrounded by 3 Rotherham defenders gave the red light to Rotherham to pile forward. In bringing off Harriotts, Luzon should have sent Lepoint to be chaotic and all over the place up front. At least he helped contribute to Harriotts goal and would have prevented him causing confusion in his own ranks.

Trust is earned. The first game at Watford, though not officially in charge, Damian Matthews arranged a disastrous high line at Luzon's direction. Yesterday, Luzon mismanaged the fortunate lead that Charlton had somehow managed to attain. It is not a good start.
  • Options
    vff said:

colin1961 said:

Vetekele was so injured that he got really upset about being taken off. Definitely the sign of an injured player.

Also, if he is injured then why are the club playing him in the first place ? Why also was there no other strikers on the bench ? Leaving one striker to be surrounded by 3 Rotherham defenders gave the red light to Rotherham to pile forward. In bringing off Harriotts, Luzon should have sent Lepoint to be chaotic and all over the place up front. At least he helped contribute to Harriotts goal and would have prevented him causing confusion in his own ranks.

Trust is earned. The first game at Watford, though not officially in charge, Damian Matthews arranged a disastrous high line at Luzon's direction. Yesterday, Luzon mismanaged the fortunate lead that Charlton had somehow managed to attain. It is not a good start.
    Agree but hey Colin and Luzon know best!
  • Options
    If Igor was injured, why did he look pissed off and why did he not go down the tunnel straight away. I'm calling bullshit on that one.
    Guy Luzon missed a trick in not pairing up Watt and Igor.
  • Options
    Luzon, show us your squat. Luzon Luzon show us your squat.

Perhaps if he had better striking options in the squad he wouldn't have to resort to playing Harriot up top. Maybe today will change that. Maybe we'll buy another poor quality defensive option instead, or nothing at all...

Next few games could be a barrel of fun...

• Options
    masicat said:

Was embarrassed to be a Charlton supporter when these tossers started the chant. New manager, second game ffs. Makes me question after 50 years what sort of mindless twats now support my club.

bloke behind me in north lower was shouting "if it wasnt for the english you'd be german" ffs .
  • Options
    edited February 2015

masicat said:

masicat said:

if the only thing you both can complain about after watching that shower is the fans you need to look at yourselves

no effort, players walking around like it was a training match, I may not have been going 50 years like you masicat its a bit hard when I am only 24, but I am still a Charlton fan and that today was not my team.

This is what the players see as they come out

was there any effort today, NO

Yep, and all this shit is the fault of a brand new manager in his second game? If anyone watching the game today wondered why Ventokele went off then they shouldn't be watching Football. To slag him off with a derogatory chant was not fair to him or the player coming on. Tossers every one.
    Really cant believe how naive you are, honestly after watching that all you can complain about is the fans

not the lack of effort by the players
    not the lack of tactical ability from the manager
    not the lack of a brain of the owner
    Yep. The football is shit, the players in the main are hopeless. The effort has been dreadful. I will say it again, THIS IS A MANAGER IN HIS SECOND GAME ! I posted about the chant to him in his second game. I wasn't commenting on anything else. Now, is that clearer?
    its not his 2nd game ever is management, he has a career in management, It dont matter if he has not managed here before, if that was needed why was he hired, BP had a great start to his career here despite having no Championship experience.

he has managed in Belgium's top flight, as well as the Champions League
    IT WAS HIS SECOND GAME WITH CHARLTON, HE DID NOT HAVE THE PRE-SEASON BOB HAD TO PREPARE THE TEAM NOR THE FRESHNESS OF A NEW SEASON...

I HAVE NOT READ THIS THREAD SINCE PAGE 1, SO I AM SORRY THIS IS SO LATE OF A RESPONSE OR IF ANYONE ON PAGE 2,3 OR 4 HAS ANSWERED THIS ALREADY :wink:
  • Options
    Give Colin the gig .,.,..