Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2015/2016 Season Tickets ***Last Renewal Day TODAY ***

Comments

• Options
    No slight intended but whenever people talk about building a better tomorrow etc I immediately think of "Cabaret" and the scene in the rural beer garden.
  • Options
    I didn't get an email. Katrien hand delivered me a letter. Nice woman.
  • Options
    So what are the new and exciting changes that will be announced on Saturday?

I'm all a quiver :smiley:

• Options
    Sussed it.

Each programme will have it's own mini air conditioning unit.
  • Options
    Excellent article by Stig in the programme worth £4 on its own
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Could the timing and the £4 programme just possibly have anything to do with the Trust's big exclusive? Clutching at straws I know...

Yes, very much so (the clutching at straws bit, that is)

• Options
    Lot of club hate around here - bearing in mind nobody actually knows anything of what will be done or announced.

It's all Gash.

The club is out to get me.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

I feel completely neglected now. I haven't had an email...

Same
    Booo me too
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Football for a fiver and new season ticket prices on the same day? All we need now is for Sky to broadcast the game and we've got the perfect storm.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

What's this about a £4 programme? That's total b*ll*cks and it certainly won't happen this Saturday.
    There is no chance they would so cynically rip off a bumper crowd with that (now) unreadable item, especially as even finding a seller is an Iron Man challenge, although I did hear talk of a prototype programme stall being checked by Katrien in the past week or so.

A Chris Powell tribute edition, with a special forward by Roland Duchatelet, ahem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no reason whatsoever for us to produce a £4 programme, is there a bit of a wind up going on around here?
  • Options

There is no reason whatsoever for us to produce a £4 programme, is there a bit of a wind up going on around here?

The mind boggles. Personally I think they've been a bit rattled, though I'm sure some people will start jumping up and down in outrage at the suggestion.
  • Options
    No email for me. Waaah
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Got it as well. This is taking the piss a bit isn't it?!

"You will be able to renew your season ticket from this Saturday at the home match against Huddersfield with your seat being reserved for you until April 10th."

Usually around April is the early bird price deadline, but your seat is held until June.

Hopefully the prices are going to be even lower up until April 10th, then go up until June before going up a third time.

Been a Season-Ticket Holder since 1998 but what with moving into my first home and with a wedding next year this could be my final year
    After you've got married is when you'll need your season ticket the most! If you stop going to Charlton as a matter of course on Saturday afternoons then you'll end up having to ask for permission just to go to the odd game. She'll have you accompanying her to Lakeside or giving you a load of jobs to do, you'll be ruined!
    Mr Largo, that's a fantastic piece of advice, and if the Charlton marketing team have got any nous, they should use this to shout about the alternative of not having a season ticket, with that thought in mind I'm renewing on Saturday....
  • Options
    "U11s in the family stand can watch the entire 2015/16 season at The Valley for free, the club have confirmed.

Charlton will reveal the club’s 2015/16 season-ticket prices in full on Saturday, when Huddersfield Town visit SE7 for the club’s annual Football for a Fiver match.

However, in the build-up to the launch, supporters can find out some early information on www.cafc.co.uk on Thursday and Friday.

The first update is good news for parents who bring their children or others who are looking to introduce their youngsters to football for the first time.

All U11s will be able to attend each and every home League fixture for free during the 2015/16 campaign in the club’s Family Stand section.

The offer applies to those who are accompanied by a full paying adult and is a part of the club’s commitment to making sure football is affordable for all age groups from every background.

A season ticket for an U11 in the Family Stand who is not accompanied by an adult will cost just £25"

The Bastards.

But how can an U11 go without an adult ?
  • Options
    Not surprised. I had a feeling young kids may go free, from what was being hinted at.
  • Options
    Nice touch trying to get youngsters / families going to the Valley.. Hopefully as Adults we wont be picking up the cost though ;)
  • Options
    Good stuff - maybe they mean one under 11 per adult so you dont have one man bringing 10 kids for nothing.
  • Options
    fantastic idea if you ask me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    Thing I'm watching out for is where the cheap season tickets go, will they make the Covered end lower cheap?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Thing I'm watching out for is where the cheap season tickets go, will they make the Covered end lower cheap?

I doubt it. It's high, so that they can charge high prices, to away fans, in a comparative area.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    It's this bit that gives it away:

All U11s will be able to attend each and every home League fixture for free during the 2015/16 campaign in the club’s Family Stand section.
  • Options

Rothko said:

I doubt it. It's high, so that they can charge high prices, to away fans, in a comparative area.
    That's on a per match price. No reason why the ST can't be cheap and still charge £25+ for match day tickets and same for Jimmy South Stand
  • Options
    So what are the chances of the club announcing something like adult season tickets in the North being £200 and in the East & West - £300. Match day prices at £15.

Not working out the figures (I'm sure somebody will just rip it to pieces), but a complete change in the dynamics to reduce prices considerably and attract larger attendances ?

The fact that existing seats will only be reserved to April 10th suggests a major change to me.

• Options

So what are the chances of the club announcing something like adult season tickets in the North being £200 and in the East & West - £300. Match day prices at £15.

Not working out the figures (I'm sure somebody will just rip it to pieces), but a complete change in the dynamics to reduce prices considerably and attract larger attendances ?

The fact that existing seats will only be reserved to April 10th suggests a major change to me.

Perhaps but they tried that last year and ST sales, and so income, went down.

And once you have reduced the price it becomes harder to increase it as I suspect they will find with the £150 STs
  • Options
    I think it was far too complex and open to abuse last year. So that is why I'm thinking of just a couple of prices and no ambiguity. I agree it is hard to raise prices.

With the change in marketing for the pitch hire also signal a step change in season ticket pricing ?

Katrien at the VIP meeting said there will be no VIP scheme as cash flow wasn't an issue any more. If it isn't could we see some significant and welcome changes to pricing ?
  • Options
    Crazy idea and going off topic slightly but it looks as though the club are going to go electronic with season tickets this year (Or is it not for a few years?)

Why dont they turn the Stadium into like a train station (Yes I know the irony) where you have your Red Card which is either a season ticket (Allowing you in for every match) or is topped up for the particular matches... You tap in when you get to the ground so you admitted into the right stand (Usual turnstiles and operators remain to ensure people get help), then to get into your particular block you then have to tap in to get through the second set of barrier (London Underground style ones) out on to pitch view.

If you need the toilet or want food / drink you just continue to tap in and out of your block etc... and then when the Injury time board @ Full Time goes up, they automatically open so that people dont have to try and piss around getting out
  • Options
    Good idea