Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell in the Standard (return, Roland etc)

Comments

• Options
    Guessing the Belgian Scouts are from Standard Liege and they've just stupidly underestimating the Championship as its not a top tier league
  • Options
    Legend!
  • Options

I like the old Yann refused to play comments. Katrien could have easily mentioned it a number of times including at the q & a but the club have never come out and said it.

What they did say at the q & a was reza a player under contract had a better financial opportunity arise so they let him go.

So one player who's contract was running out leaves fair and square and the fans give that player stick saying he wanted more money and refused to play. Another player who fecks off for more money abroad and doesnt want to be hear but is under contract dont get any grief because he scored at the world cup :confused:

Reza wasn't around long enough to cop any stick. His Charlton career was utterly forgettable
  • Options

Play Chris Powell Bingo

A) Bitter ex-employee

B ) Bottom of the table

C) Sheffield Utd

D) Boring football

E) Kiss his arse

F) Late Subs

G) Move On

chris powell bingo volume 2

a) club legend

b) flat cap

c) tunnel jump

d)ex nigel

e) cross bar swing

f) black manager

g)move on

• Options
    edited February 2015
    In the Trust interview CP also mentions the two guys with laptops. My guess is that they are the two guys @seriously_red , @razil, and @seth plum met and chatted with in January at Charlton. One is Karel Fraeye (for whom the bell didn't toll) and the other one was apparently called Didier something. They told SR they work for "the president", and according to his email at the time, were disappointed that Polish Pete didn't get on the pitch earlier. Still, they are the professionals, what do we know?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

He has a lot to say for someone who a few weeks ago said he'd "moved on"

To be fair given his connection to the club, he is a Charlton fan like the rest of us
  • Options
    PA is right about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can say what you want of his managerial qualities but there's no denying he's a very good man. Comes across well there.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I accept what Chris says and believe what he says but why wait until now. He could have come out with this ages ago. I don't think it is going to help us tomorrow and it's badly timed for the Club. With a full house and hopefully decent season ticket prices announced we need a win and a performance to encourage people to think that with good prices on offer they will buy a season ticket. In my opinion all this undermines that drive and has a detrimental effect.

Quite possibly a 12 month gagging clause in his Settlement Agreement has just come to an end.
    i think Bob Munroe has just won the hit the nail on the head award.

I'm confused by Belgium scouts ?
    Were they behind all the transfers or just the SL loans or transfers ?

Nego and Thurman and Polish Pete and Reza, not suited to champ football.
    Buyens and Lepoint one has lost form, one is trying to find some form.

Peeters got Igor(thanks Bob)
    Johann is a good attacking player when he has two strikers in front.
    Tony Watt has a good chance of being a decent Championship player,
    And over the last 3 games Bulot is looking up to speed at last.

In football nothing is set in stone and you have to keep having a reappraisal.

• Options
    edited February 2015

PL54 said:

To be fair given his connection to the club, he is a Charlton fan like the rest of us
    No he's not, he's a Spurs fan! He loves us like we love him, though. (Speaking for some of us, of course, not everyone...)

• Options
    edited February 2015

Yann Kermorgant, now helping Bournemouth’s push for the Premier League, was sold over Powell’s head and Charlton found themselves fighting relegation. “If you are told a club hero like Yann Kermorgant is not good enough, then you have got a problem,” he says. “I fought tooth and nail to keep him and Yann did not want to leave. Being told Ben Hamer and one or two others were not good enough, because the owner’s scouts in Belgium had seen them, that was tough to swallow.

Finally, we can put that to bed as I have been battling since the point. Some people on here religiously, for some reason, seem to believe YK was greedy and didn't want to resign a contract for us.

of course he didn't want to leave....but he also wanted more money....and didn't 'always' want to play!
    Source? Seems people believe what they want to believe and not the facts on this matter..

He wanted to stay at CAFC, as Powell says. Anyone this regime does not want involved in our club they will kick out, look at all the management stuff, behind scene's staff and players that have moved on in the short period of time they have reigned.
    I have some very good ones thanks

Plus I didn't dispute that he wanted to stay, I'm sure he did!, but it wasn't that cut and dry
  • Options

Yann Kermorgant, now helping Bournemouth’s push for the Premier League, was sold over Powell’s head and Charlton found themselves fighting relegation. “If you are told a club hero like Yann Kermorgant is not good enough, then you have got a problem,” he says. “I fought tooth and nail to keep him and Yann did not want to leave. Being told Ben Hamer and one or two others were not good enough, because the owner’s scouts in Belgium had seen them, that was tough to swallow.

Finally, we can put that to bed as I have been battling since the point. Some people on here religiously, for some reason, seem to believe YK was greedy and didn't want to resign a contract for us.

of course he didn't want to leave....but he also wanted more money....and didn't 'always' want to play!
    Source? Seems people believe what they want to believe and not the facts on this matter..

He wanted to stay at CAFC, as Powell says. Anyone this regime does not want involved in our club they will kick out, look at all the management stuff, behind scene's staff and players that have moved on in the short period of time they have reigned.

Plus I didn't dispute that he wanted to stay, I'm sure he did!, but it wasn't that cut and dry
    Even if you are one of those who believe he was asking for 15k, do you not now accept that probably he was worth it, given that according to my sources :-) we offered the same amount to Chris O'Grady?
  • Options
    Maybe I’m being unfairly cynical, but it seems strange that he would maintain silence until the day before his new side plays us at the Valley.

The man’s a club hero in my eyes, but he’s also incredibly clever.
  • Options

PL54 said:

of course, when a london paper asks about the club you used to manage in london you're not going to say "NO COMMENT". You realise football manager press conferences aren't anything like real life, right?
    I don't know anything about football manager press conferences
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even if you are one of those who believe he was asking for 15k, do you not now accept that probably he was worth it, given that according to my sources :-) we offered the same amount to Chris O'Grady?
    I wanted to sign O'Grady but 15k? no way would I have signed him for that. Makes you wonder how much Brighton are paying him then.

• Options

Go on then, tell us all from your very good sources. I will see where you have gone wrong :- )
  • Options

PL54 said:

of course, when a london paper asks about the club you used to manage in london you're not going to say "NO COMMENT". You realise football manager press conferences aren't anything like real life, right?
    I usually send my assistant.
    i love making widely contradicting statements when im bored and generally come accross as a bit of a madman if it was real life. I always get a win out of it though.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

bobmunro said:

I accept what Chris says and believe what he says but why wait until now. He could have come out with this ages ago. I don't think it is going to help us tomorrow and it's badly timed for the Club. With a full house and hopefully decent season ticket prices announced we need a win and a performance to encourage people to think that with good prices on offer they will buy a season ticket. In my opinion all this undermines that drive and has a detrimental effect.

Quite possibly a 12 month gagging clause in his Settlement Agreement has just come to an end.
    Doubt it. And it's not 12 months anyway . . .
    Just speculation on my part.

Sorry - didn't realise you had seen his settlement agreement.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Doubt it. And it's not 12 months anyway . . .
    Just speculation on my part.

Sorry - didn't realise you had seen his settlement agreement.
    Why do you assume there was any settlement agreement? The club was only contracted to pay Chris until June 30th. No reason for it to pay any more than his wages for the next four months or for him to sign any gagging clause.