Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I love Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    Every time I open this thread I have the title sung in the style of "I love Rock 'n' Roll" by Joan Jett in my head.
    :smile:
  • Options

I thought Tony liked guy Luzon

Yep sure I read that as well and vice versa
    According to some Luzon had fallen out with every Charlton player who he coached at Liege. This is clearly nonsense given the recent performances of Bulot and Watt.
    Buyens is also buying into the new set up - much more positive in his play.
  • Options
    Please someone have a vid of those last few minutes in the corner. Pure entertainment, same old Charlton, taking the piss and all that :-)
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Please someone have a vid of those last few minutes in the corner. Pure entertainment, same old Charlton, taking the piss and all that :-)

Been quite a while since we sung that! What a cracking player.
  • Options

You could tell by his face when he was time wasting that he is absolutely loving it at Charlton.

Been waiting for a footballer like him for ages who will really wind up the opposition fans and players.

Any young footballers dream to have a reception like that.

Long may it continue!

exactly, fast become a fans favourite already....isn't he only 21?
  • Options
    I have a new hero
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is going to do the biz against the spanners and he is going to take the piss while doing it.

And Tony Watt pissed up the wall SIDEWAYS, wanky wanky wanky millwall
  • Options
    Overslept by an hour this morning, hitting snooze with a smile on my face every 5 minutes...because in my half-asleep state the god-awful railroad crossing alarm was just sounding "Tony Watt, Watt, Watt"
  • Options
    Stig said:

Every time I open this thread I have the title sung in the style of "I love Rock 'n' Roll" by Joan Jett in my head.

That would make a great chant for when he scores:

We love Tony Watt,
    he's put another ball in the net, that's Tony.
    We love Tony Watt,
    and he loves C A F C!
    thats actually rather good :smiley:
  • Options
    that is brilliant :smiley:
  • Options
    Class.
  • Options
    Brilliant to see it again! I mentioned in the Post Match thread that Antonio should have been sent off because the ref booked the wrong player instead of him the first time - it's clear to see here!
  • Options
    The ref was embarrassed for them in the end. Made watt leave the pitch and gave a nonexistent foul.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Man, what a breath of fresh air.

I'm really can't think I have seen a Charlton striker similar to him before, the closest I can say is probably a better quality version of Martin Pringle, does anyone else get that?

Direct, makes things happen, scores goals, and so far doesn't seem selfish. Squared for Igor in the first half which sadly proved to me that Igor is not the next Defoe.

Loving seeing Watt play, and hope it's not a flash in the pan. Some seemed to slag him off when we signed him, but gawd knows what they saw to come to that conclusion.

You Watt, You Watt, You Watt You Watt You Watt !

Wasn't at the game today as I'm away in America with work, but I knew there was a player I was trying to put my finger on as to who he reminded me of - and Martin Pringle is it.

Has a quick turn of pace for someone so tall, and seems to have very good control of the ball in situations where you don't expect him to be able to. Even a little bit 'jammy' in some ways, but he just has an awkward style that many defenders will struggle to keep up with.
    He is not a Martin Pringle, I liked Martin Prngle, but this guy is on a different level.
    Pringle! One of the most ineffective players ever, in fact the footballing equivalent of the mint choc variety. 65 games 11 goals, most of which were tap ins from an inch after someone else's shot had been spilled and he was still hanging around the goalkeeper hiding from whichever centre half was killing him that match.
    That is Watt strikers do. Also didnt Pringle play in the premiership? No doubt Tony Watt will get his chance to shine at a higher level if he continues to play as he is at present.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The ref was embarrassed for them in the end. Made watt leave the pitch and gave a nonexistent foul.

Is a shame because bar one or two incidents I thought the ref was pretty good last night
  • Options

what pee'd me off was when he wouldnt let him back on the pitch straight after the game restarted
  • Options
    Absolute quality. Pleased by the parts Bulot and Eagles played in supporting him as well.
  • Options

CAFC twitter feed doing a quite funny thing at the moment going under the hashtag #WattVsTheClock, asking fans to guess how long Watt kept the ball in the corner for.

In fact, here is the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9aqY629JY&feature=youtu.be

Loved watching that again
    and loved 1 minute 30 seconds on the timer he looks up to the north stand and really looks like he is loving it
  • Options
    Macronate said:

If he wants to shag my wife on the centre circle, let him.

can I watch?
    I thought you were his wife?
  • Options

CAFC twitter feed doing a quite funny thing at the moment going under the hashtag #WattVsTheClock, asking fans to guess how long Watt kept the ball in the corner for.

In fact, here is the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9aqY629JY&feature=youtu.be

Loved watching that again
    and loved 1 minute 30 seconds on the timer he looks up to the north stand and really looks like he is loving it
    he is ... and loving winding up the Forest players
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If he scores in a winning performance at the Den and also does that in injury time, I will worship him like the sexual goalscoring monster ( @mrbligh TM) that he is.
  • Options

I love Tony Watt
    Put another ball in the net please Tony
    I love Tony Watt
    C'mon score another goal for me

• Options
    There was a lot about him last night that reminded me of a young Wayne Rooney. No - I am not saying he is as good as him before people section me. But in the way he can seemingly effortlessly hold defenders off, roll past them and trick his way out of situations. He is also of that stock build, whilst not sacrificing all his pace.