Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I love Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    What's that coming over the hill is it a monster
  • Options
    Disappointed in whoever edited the highlights on CAFCPlayer, was looking forward to seeing TWWW's corner flag ball juggling heroics but they're not in there!
  • Options
    Not sure how to post You Tube links ,but type in "Tony Watt Thia Tims " really funny
  • Options

Sorry @cashncarry but...

I read about that in the dentist waiting room yesterday
  • Options

The ref was embarrassed for them in the end. Made watt leave the pitch and gave a nonexistent foul.

I think he was just saving Forest from further humiliation.
  • Options
    talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136682&page=285

Looks like a few Celtic fans have a soft spot for him still.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Not sure how to post You Tube links ,but type in "Tony Watt Thia Tims " really funny

Here you go (it's bloody amazing):

http://youtu.be/boFg-ryhomE

Can we get the covered end singing this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Here you go (it's bloody amazing):

http://youtu.be/boFg-ryhomE

Can we get the covered end singing this?
    ... And do the moves?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Funny how the Celtic lot keep banging on about his 'bad attitude' but fail to back it up with any evidence. Seems to be the formulaic response if a young player doesn't hit their potential right away.
  • Options
    just looked at that Celtic site ,maybe hes growing up as people do ,i hope so for his own sake

all i can say is that he has been a real pleasure to watch ,maybe i have been starved for too long in terms of watching real natural dribbling talent,but i can only think of a young Paul Walsh as a close comparison.I suppose hes an old fashioned scottish "tanna ball player"but its a joy to see the talent and the individuality .If he stays next year i ll buy a season ticket .Obviously keeping him and this team together will have a big influence on season ticket sales
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Funny how the Celtic lot keep banging on about his 'bad attitude' but fail to back it up with any evidence. Seems to be the formulaic response if a young player doesn't hit their potential right away.

Evidence. You don't have to believe it but it's out there.

So no, it's not a formulaic response.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/tony-watt-branded-lazy-and-unfit-by-loan-club-boss-1-3107023

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24209962
  • Options
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Despite what some people will have you believe, the English Championship is pish. Daryl Murphy is at the top of the scoring charts. Joined by Chris Martin who has been miles out his depth at international level.

There is also a lot of hoof ball down there and he's suited to getting in behind so he'll be enjoying it.

Celtic fans ladies and gentleman.
  • Options
    I read up about the Thai Tims after seeing that video. Great (but sad) story.
  • Options
    I love Tony Watt, Igor Vetokele he is not.
  • Options
    TW made a point of coming over to the away support at Wolves and came over the hoardings up to the support. I think he handed his top to a fan and then gestured to a mate in the crowd as if to say 'are you coming back on the team coach'. I would say he is desperate to stay with us, knows himself he is great player and wants to be adored by the fans. Well, I can say he has my adoration.
  • Options
    another lifer tweeted he remind him of rooney and its hard not to see the similarities.
  • Options

I wouldn't read too much into it. Despite what some people will have you believe, the English Championship is pish. Daryl Murphy is at the top of the scoring charts. Joined by Chris Martin who has been miles out his depth at international level.

There is also a lot of hoof ball down there and he's suited to getting in behind so he'll be enjoying it.

put that down to a diet of irn bru and deep fried mars bars

• Sponsored links:

• Options

As opposed to players like Adam Rooney, Billy McKay and Dave Goodwillie who are trying/have tried their luck in the Championship and failed here but are suited to the hoof ball of the SPL, I suppose. :-)
  • Options
    Anyone seen the Tony Watt Thai clip on You Tube? Superb!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I wouldn't read too much into it. Despite what some people will have you believe, the English Championship is pish.

They have seen SPL games right?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

They have seen SPL games right?
    Don't, they got completely played off the park last night by the tika-taka masters that are St Johnstone.
  • Options
    To be fair to Celtic, St Johnstone do have David Wotherspoon and Tam Scobbie playing for them #ballers
  • Options
    lolwray said:

just looked at that Celtic site ,maybe hes growing up as people do ,i hope so for his own sake

all i can say is that he has been a real pleasure to watch ,maybe i have been starved for too long in terms of watching real natural dribbling talent,but i can only think of a young Paul Walsh as a close comparison.I suppose hes an old fashioned scottish "tanna ball player"but its a joy to see the talent and the individuality .If he stays next year i ll buy a season ticket .Obviously keeping him and this team together will have a big influence on season ticket sales

This all the way, TW is nothing like Mendonca, Bent etc & certainly nothing like misbie, 16 goals in 10 years ha ha don't make me laugh. No there's only one player you could really compare him to & thats walshie with his skill, his tricks, his direct running at defenders. While I wouldn't compare him in the same way as walsh i think there is a slight similarity with the great Jim Melrose
  • Options
    Celtic fans paid for the Thai Tims to visit Glasgow for a game in 2012. Search Thai Tims at Lennoxtown and you will find them performing at Celtic's training ground with Watty looking on.
  • Options

Celtic fan here. How did he got on today? I see he scored again.

I assure you all, it was not the fans that were labeling him lazy or anything else. As I'm sure you have all seen, he is one of the hardest workers on the pitch. We have plenty of other players that have caused more trouble than Watt ever did, so I never bought into the "bad attitude" excuse for letting him go.

I, along with many others, were dying to see him leading the line for Celtic this year. But the board saw a 1.1m profit for a player that wasn't a guaranteed starter and shipped him off before our new manager could stop it.

All I can say is, you have an incredible talent on your hands. Celtic were fools to let him go.

Did you see much of this at Celtic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9aqY629JY