Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England player arrested

Comments

• Rumour has it is Sunderland's Adam Johnson, is 27 and from the North East.
  • edited March 2015

Not sure if they were supposed to, but The Sun let slip the Adam Johnson identity.

Allegedly of course.
  • Maybe not a good idea to start naming people who it could be even if it being posted elsewhere.

Remember one of our own players was named a few years back as was a prominent supporter.
  • "The player has appeared for England and plays for a Premier League club according to The Sun."

So not necessarily an established international - Paul Konchesky and David Nugent both fit the above description (not that I'm suggesting it was one of them). No doubt the "Twittersphere" or whatever they call it will be awash with rumours and speculation over the next few days.

• Police have nicked him haven't they?
  • BBC have named him now.
  • Anyone know how the law has played out here? Presumably he hasn't had time to get an injunction, has The Sun got in there before the suspect could make a move?
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard it was Adam Johnson/blockquote>

• Whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Some people.
  • Dave2l said:

Whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Some people.

It got clouded out by "no smoke without fire!"
  • Will there be the same fuss if he goes to jail gets released as there was with Ched? In Adam's case it seems as though some girl probably lied about her age and Adam believed it. She was consenting. So I can't see the same problems like there was with Ched.
  • Kap10 said:

Dave2l said:

Whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Some people.

It got clouded out by "no smoke without fire!"
    Jordan Cousins.
  • Will there be the same fuss if he goes to jail gets released as there was with Ched? In Adam's case it seems as though some girl probably lied about her age and Adam believed it. She was consenting. So I can't see the same problems like there was with Ched.

Are you serious?
    A nonce is a nonce.
    Why was he hanging around with a 15 y.o?
    If proven the his career is over.
    I am intrigued where you gleaned the age lying and consent from?

Unless you're Adam Johnson then I don't think you can state all of that as a fact! I think perhaps we should leave the speculation ...
  • Sponsored links:

Are you serious?
    A nonce is a nonce.
    Wouldn't be an issue in many other countries.

Are you serious?
    A nonce is a nonce.
    Perhaps you can tell us the full facts ?
    You really are a ?
    The facts will come out if and when a trial completes.
  • This thread will stave away the boredom if there's a signal failure tomorrow morning!
  • This is all bullshit, footballers should be allowed to do what they want.....

except a 14/15 year old cannot give consent. However you feel about their physical attributes at that age, they are not emotionally or mentally ready for a sexual relationship - which is why the law is there to protect them.