Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England player arrested

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

There is nothing perverted about a 27 year old man wanting to have sex with a 16 year old girl for goodness sake. The sweeping statements made by some on these kind of threads are simply ridiculous.

18,19, 20 would be fine to an extent no matter the age of the man because that makes her an adult and vice verser. 15,16, 17 no in my opinion with my parent hat on because that makes her a child. 16 might be legal for sex and if 16 and 17 year olds want to have sex with each other it is perfectly legal but I still see it as older kids having sex, don't consider them adults until they're 18, I think it's mad that in the eyes of the law you're not considered mentally mature enough to put an X on a piece of ballot paper until you're 18 but you are legally allowed to give your body away and deemed responsible enough to make a decision for something as potentially dangerous as sexual intercourse at only 16. Double standards really. As I said though only my opinion.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

the picture of the girl in question makes her look definitely nearer 21 than 15

and parents have to take partial responsibilty here , for their children, if they are happy for them to be out and about and not know their whereabouts or believe what their conniving little kids are up to then so be it

Seems a little harsh to be putting some of the blame on her parents without knowing anything about her or how she was brought up.
    He did say " if they are happy for them to be out and about and not know their whereabouts..." Etc, Col. " IF" is the relevant word IMHO.
    Pretty big if tbf.
  • Options
    put it this way , parenting is a big part of how we grow up and who we become
    i'm not saying it's 100% but i was taught right from wrong , didn't mean i didn't do wrong but i knew there were consequences and that would have been instilled from a young age
    at 15 i knew what was what or should i say watt was watt

• Options

I hope there is no.pics of this girl in the public domain

There is. Nothing rude etc, just a picture of her with him. She looks like a teenager but could easily pass for 16.
  • Options

There is. Nothing rude etc, just a picture of her with him. She looks like a teenager but could easily pass for 16.
    The only pictures I've seen are of him with his actual girlfriend who is 25 years old.
  • Options

put it this way , parenting is a big part of how we grow up and who we become
    i'm not saying it's 100% but i was taught right from wrong , didn't mean i didn't do wrong but i knew there were consequences and that would have been instilled from a young age
    at 15 i knew what was what or should i say watt was watt

Agree but how many of us did things we knew were to be wrong at 15? I definitely did but I don't think my parents could be held even partly responsible for all my actions. I'm not saying that definitely isn't the case here but I'm also not saying the parents should share some of the blame, simply because we do not know any of the background to the girl's story.
  • Options

Jesus i've just seen it, she looks very very young
  • Options

Don't know what 's on social media this morning, but when the story first broke,
    the first picture doing the rounds was of a different young female who had an innocent picture taken with Andrew Johnson two weeks ago.

• Options

smiffyboy said:

The papers reporting that he's not had sexual inter course with her but has had sexual activity

and that he knew she was 15
    Was only putting what was said wasn't saying it was ok mate
  • Options

Riviera said:

There is nothing perverted about a 27 year old man wanting to have sex with a 16 year old girl for goodness sake. The sweeping statements made by some on these kind of threads are simply ridiculous.

18,19, 20 would be fine to an extent no matter the age of the man because that makes her an adult and vice verser. 15,16, 17 no in my opinion with my parent hat on because that makes her a child. 16 might be legal for sex and if 16 and 17 year olds want to have sex with each other it is perfectly legal but I still see it as older kids having sex, don't consider them adults until they're 18, I think it's mad that in the eyes of the law you're not considered mentally mature enough to put an X on a piece of ballot paper until you're 18 but you are legally allowed to give your body away and deemed responsible enough to make a decision for something as potentially dangerous as sexual intercourse at only 16. Double standards really. As I said though only my opinion.
    This is purely an observation and nothing more. You are legally allowed to join the armed forces at age 16. You are legally entitled to have sex at 16. You are legally entitled to vote at age 18. The lines of when someone is mentally an adult with capacity to decide to join up or engage in sex and legally an adult are blurred even in law.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

The papers reporting that he's not had sexual inter course with her but has had sexual activity

and that he knew she was 15
    Was only putting what was said wasn't saying it was ok mate
    Ah no Im not saying that mate. Just adding to what you put.
  • Options

Don't know what 's on social media this morning, but when the story first broke,
    the first picture doing the rounds was of a different young female who had an innocent picture taken with Andrew Johnson two weeks ago.

No idea then, maybe it was that one.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Riviera said:

It is your use of the word "perverted" that I have an issue with. As mentioned before the whole situation in many other countries, including some European ones, would not be an issue.
  • Options

Fucking hell, these footballers are all at it! Not Andy Johnson aswell!?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

It is your use of the word "perverted" that I have an issue with. As mentioned before the whole situation in many other countries, including some European ones, would not be an issue.
    Other countries do indeed have varying ages of consent - Germany, Austria, Italy and Portugal are 14 - France 15. Spain has only recently raised it from 13 to 16 and in Japan it is still 13!. In the UK it was 12 before 1875 - and even lower than that in the middle ages (7!!).

But - in the UK now it is 16 and that is where the alleged offence took place - so I'm not sure I get your argument.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I've no comment whatsoever on the specifics of this case at this stage.

All I would say, as the father of three daughters, is that my wife and I made damned sure we knew where they were and who they were with when they were fifteen and out socially.

Some people criticised my wife (never me strangely) as over protective but parents ARE responsible for their children in my opinion and at fifteen a child is still a child.

Totally agree Len - my wife and I were exactly the same with our children - and we have two boys!
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Will there be the same fuss if he goes to jail gets released as there was with Ched? In Adam's case it seems as though some girl probably lied about her age and Adam believed it. She was consenting. So I can't see the same problems like there was with Ched.

Are you serious?
    A nonce is a nonce.
    Why was he hanging around with a 15 y.o?
    If proven the his career is over.
    I am intrigued where you gleaned the age lying and consent from?
    Well plenty of 15 year old girls (and even younger) get into nightclubs, none of us know the details but there's certainly a chance the case wont be as simple as "innocent" or "sick nonce".
    A bit like that incident with Akon a few years ago, she was 15 and in a club that was supposed to be 21 and over only, and they checked her ID Apparently.

the issue is if they get hold of a fake ID, once they get all dressed up some of these girls can make themselves look older.

its actually scary, hence the reason I would never meet someone in a club.
    Yeah that's the reason.... :wink: Just kidding (pun not intended)

Seriously though I think I can tell a 15 year old from a 20 year old. 15 from 16 though... near impossible even 18 is difficult to tell from 15 at times with the younger looking 18s and older looking 15s...

Moral of the story, as a grown man AJ should not be targeting girls that look barely legal.

As a comedian once said (Chris Rock maybe)
    "If she look 21 and says she's 21, she's 15 if she looks 25 and says she's 18, she's 21 and if she looks 30 and says she's 25, she's damn near 40."

Aim for birds in the mid 20's and you should be ok.
  • Options
    i really dont think its right for the "injured party" or the "accused" to have the alleged offence discussed in this way /twitter/websites/blogs /media ...something wrong with our system for it to happen like this ..no one benefits
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LenGlover said:

All I would say, as the father of three daughters, is that my wife and I made damned sure we knew where they were and who they were with when they were fifteen and out socially.

Some people criticised my wife (never me strangely) as over protective but parents ARE responsible for their children in my opinion and at fifteen a child is still a child.

When my son got to 15, he did as he pleased, up to a point.

If I told him to be home by midnight, he rarely was.

He argued that he was safer coming home at 2am WITH his mates. Rather than at midnight by himself. I wasn't happy, but he did have a case.

Anyway, what are you supposed to do as a parent of a "mature" 15 year old ? You can't lock them in the house and once they are out, there's bugger all you can do about it, if you don't know where they are.
    Yes, you can say no pocket money, do chores or whatever, but if they are "their own man", and don't care ? I found it no different, than if you tried controlling your partners comings and goings for instance. They wouldn't stand for it (of course) and neither did he.

The younger son, was completely different and didn't want to be out all hours, at the same age, so there was never an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Serious subject I know but when I read the title I thought, "finally, after all those abject tournaments, they are going to get what they deserve..."
  • Options

LenGlover said:

He argued that he was safer coming home at 2am WITH his mates. Rather than at midnight by himself. I wasn't happy, but he did have a case.

Anyway, what are you supposed to do as a parent of a "mature" 15 year old ? You can't lock them in the house and once they are out, there's bugger all you can do about it, if you don't know where they are.
    Yes, you can say no pocket money, do chores or whatever, but if they are "their own man", and don't care ? I found it no different, than if you tried controlling your partners comings and goings for instance. They wouldn't stand for it (of course) and neither did he.

The younger son, was completely different and didn't want to be out all hours, at the same age, so there was never an issue.
    I spent a lot of time physically collecting my daughters from far and wide and if they were not there at the time we mutually agreed beforehand then they didn't go next time.

No system is foolproof in any walk of life but by keeping a "handle" on things we had some idea.

Digressing slightly, because I picked my daughters up I was often asked to give other girls a lift home too. Only one parent ever contacted me to ask who I was and confirm the arrangements. I could have been anybody for all the other parents knew or seemingly cared and therein lies a lot of the problem.
  • Options
    So how did you stop them going next time ? Did you lock them in ?

I presume, you were fortunate enough, that they accepted this, obviously, even if very grudgingly.

If they hadn't accepted this, would you have literally got in a "fight" about it ?

• Options

So how did you stop them going next time ? Did you lock them in ?

I presume, you were fortunate enough, that they accepted this, obviously, even if very grudgingly.

If they hadn't accepted this, would you have literally got in a "fight" about it ?

To paraphrase Brian Clough we talked about it, they had their say for however long and then they did what I said.

I found I rarely had to put my foot down as we always tried to explain why we told them to do or not do something from when they were old enough to understand but when I did they knew I meant it and although I never did lock them in I would have done if necessary.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I spent a lot of time physically collecting my daughters from far and wide and if they were not there at the time we mutually agreed beforehand then they didn't go next time.

No system is foolproof in any walk of life but by keeping a "handle" on things we had some idea.

Digressing slightly, because I picked my daughters up I was often asked to give other girls a lift home too. Only one parent ever contacted me to ask who I was and confirm the arrangements. I could have been anybody for all the other parents knew or seemingly cared and therein lies a lot of the problem.
    My dad was exactly the same with me, he let me go out at night but always collected me and sometimes friends too.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Other countries do indeed have varying ages of consent - Germany, Austria, Italy and Portugal are 14 - France 15. Spain has only recently raised it from 13 to 16 and in Japan it is still 13!. In the UK it was 12 before 1875 - and even lower than that in the middle ages (7!!).

But - in the UK now it is 16 and that is where the alleged offence took place - so I'm not sure I get your argument.
    Forget the law, its Morally wrong for a bloke who is 27 to want to shag a 16 year old, just because the law says that 16 is the age of consent, does not make it right.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

this with bells on
  • Options
    Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Forget the law, its Morally wrong for a bloke who is 27 to want to shag a 16 year old, just because the law says that 16 is the age of consent, does not make it right.
    Ah, finally, someone has introduced some cold hard facts into this thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Greenie said:

Whether it's morally right for a 27 year old man to want sex with a 16 year old girl (or for that matter a 16 year old boy to want sex with a 27 year old woman) is another argument - and I did not attempt to make any moral judgement.

But you can't forget the law.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

It's complicated and subjective, but I sort of agree. I don't know if 'morally' is exactly the right word, but maybe. I've got a 15 year old daughter and if a 27 year old bloke tried it on with her I would see that as total manipulation on his part. 15 v 27 is not a relationship of equals.