Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England player arrested

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

It's about parents taking responsibility to care for and protect their children.

See how Vicky is holding the cigarette just far enough away from the children. A perfect example of what I meant.
  • Options
    'Apparently' this is a picture of the girl that my mate just sent me.......
  • Options
    cabbles said:

'Apparently' this is a picture of the girl that my mate just sent me.......

That's his 25 year old girlfriend that he allegedly cheated on.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

LenGlover said:

I've no comment whatsoever on the specifics of this case at this stage.

All I would say, as the father of three daughters, is that my wife and I made damned sure we knew where they were and who they were with when they were fifteen and out socially.

Some people criticised my wife (never me strangely) as over protective but parents ARE responsible for their children in my opinion and at fifteen a child is still a child.

When my son got to 15, he did as he pleased, up to a point.

If I told him to be home by midnight, he rarely was.

@covered end junior you naughty lil wotsit... :wink: if this is the other son your dad speaks of then i'm sorry...
    It was the other son :smile:
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

It's about parents taking responsibility to care for and protect their children.

Ain't that the flats in Eastney Street down Greenwich?
  • Options
    brogib said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

no.
  • Options

brogib said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

no.
    Come to mention it, the bird in the picture ain't the bird I copped down Eastney Street either, she not as fat
  • Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

no.
    Come to mention it, the bird in the picture ain't the bird I copped down Eastney Street either, she not as fat
    i lived opposite the flats in Eastney street for about 10 years. If i'm thinking of the same bird, you are one brave man.
  • Options
    shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i appreciate that although he has been charged, he hasn't been found guilty of anything but the charge of "grooming" does make it sound a lot worse IMO
  • Options
    Usually they will have enough evidence if they are charging him.
  • Options

i appreciate that although he has been charged, he hasn't been found guilty of anything but the charge of "grooming" does make it sound a lot worse IMO

Agree with this, the fact they have charged him with grooming does make it sound like the story that first came out that he met her in a club could have be wrong and makes it sound a lot worse than I first thought
  • Options

Agree with this, the fact they have charged him with grooming does make it sound like the story that first came out that he met her in a club could have be wrong and makes it sound a lot worse than I first thought
    That or it's a different child.
  • Options

That or it's a different child.
    or is 'grooming' used as a catch all charge when statutory rape cannot be proved beyond a reasonable doubt ? .. whatever, Johnson is a stupid man if he thought that in this climate of suspicion and doubt expressed towards celebrities and when everyone and their dog has a camera phone, he could get away with trying it on with an underage girl
  • Options
    My understanding is the grooming charge implies acknowledged awareness of the alleged victim's age, but proceeding anyway.
  • Options
    The only fact relevant to this case is that Adam Johnson is innocent. He may later be proved to be guilty. But, until then, he is innocent.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The NSPCC definition is 'building an emotional connection with a child to gain their trust for the purpose of sexual abuse or exploitation'. That process in itself can be highly damaging to a child which can take years to recover from.
  • Options
    I will await the findings of the court, before condemnation of this vile act and My thoughts on him, these things are the lowest of the low and could ruin and rightly so his reputation and life forever
  • Options
    Sub judice now so I'm not saying anything...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options

She was probably a 15 year old slapper who looked about 19 years old and lied about her age. What is he supposed to do check her birth cerificate?

Appalling comment
    A- None of us no anything about the case so for you to call her a slapper is a horrendous thing to say
    b- One of the charges is grooming, IMO that says he knew her age, obviously he has not been found guilty yet but to charge him the must have evidence
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just moving on.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Fair play
  • Options

She was probably a 15 year old slapper who looked about 19 years old and lied about her age. What is he supposed to do check her birth cerificate?

Look I'm genuinely sorry if I have offended anybody and only meant the comment as banter and nothing else. But I do retract my comments.
  • Options

Look I'm genuinely sorry if I have offended anybody and only meant the comment as banter and nothing else. But I do retract my comments.

I wouldn't really worry too much about "offending" anyone with a comment like that. But perhaps you should think about what would happen if the accused or the victim/victims would say, think or do if they saw that on a public forum; or for that matter, their friends and families. And you should also consider what impact reading that might have on someone who, for instance, is asked to sit on a jury - imagine you were accused of something and the twelve people on the jury had been reading comments about you and the crime you are accused of. Wouldn't be nice, would it?

If you want my advice, it might be a good idea to amend or delete it.

And it might be prudent for anyone who has quoted it to do the same.

• Options

Don't stress, I upset someone and got flagged for assuming the Society of Black Lawyers represented Black Lawyers.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Don't stress, I upset someone and got flagged for assuming the Society of Black Lawyers represented Black Lawyers.

You've seemed to upset all of us at some point or other :wink:
  • Options
    Do people really think victims spend their time trawling football forums for support/criticism? Genuine question. Sometimes it seems like people get this site confused with BBC News or some other official news site.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Do people really think victims spend their time trawling football forums for support/criticism? Genuine question. Sometimes it seems like people get this site confused with BBC News or some other official news site.

Very, very unlikely. But if I was representing an alleged criminal, I'd be happy to spend a few minutes googling to see if there might be comments which could be shown to prejudice a case.