Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• We should create a game.  Choose 5 characters you think will die next week or something.
    Mormont and Theon are my top two to go next week
  • Dizzle said:
    I think The Night King has taken a separate lot of army and is headed to Kings Landing. Note you didn’t see him at the end. Would be so much more of a statement to have him roll up rather than the other white walkers. 
    Be bloody brilliant if that where to happen!!
  • Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    A bit annoyed I watched it early tbh. Now it's a week and a day until the next one.
    Hoping that @Laddick01 is able to find it early again though :)
    Think there’s every chance it gets leaked. HBO struggle to keep it private until it airs for some reason.

As for last nights episode it seemed to get a lot of negative comments on twitter etc, yet I’d probably put it somewhere in my top 5, just felt like a massive step up in the quality of writing.

Have avoided spoilers so far, but if I had to guess I’d say Theon, Brienne, Beric, The Hound, Grey Worm are all gone next episode. Podrick, Tormund and Jaime all probably go too, but I’m in denial about that so I’ll pretend they live.
    Probably all the above but not Jaime. His story is not done yet. I'd also add Samwell and Gilly to not make it out of winter fell alive (that's despite the theory of Samwell being the narrator).
  • They made such a big thing about the crypts being safe I do wonder whether the bodies there will become wights.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    A bit annoyed I watched it early tbh. Now it's a week and a day until the next one.
    Think there’s every chance it gets leaked. HBO struggle to keep it private until it airs for some reason.

As for last nights episode it seemed to get a lot of negative comments on twitter etc, yet I’d probably put it somewhere in my top 5, just felt like a massive step up in the quality of writing.

Have avoided spoilers so far, but if I had to guess I’d say Theon, Brienne, Beric, The Hound, Grey Worm are all gone next episode. Podrick, Tormund and Jaime all probably go too, but I’m in denial about that so I’ll pretend they live.
    You really made me week with that! Although next week I think I'll wait for HD, if only because it'll be quite dark and hard to see. 

I wouldn't say the quality of writing has improved - it's just a different part of the story that had a different opportunity to do something. The opening episode of any series/ season has the challenge of setting up the story arc or dealing with exposition (24 was hilariously bad at this every year). This episode allowed for more of what we want to see, but that doesn't mean the first episode was bad in any way! 
  • Dizzle said:
    I think The Night King has taken a separate lot of army and is headed to Kings Landing. Note you didn’t see him at the end. Would be so much more of a statement to have him roll up rather than the other white walkers. 
    I did think that - was wondering why he was on a horse and not his dragon, then realised it wasn't him.

I thought more that he might have a sneaky plan with the dragon to get Bran but I like your theory too.
  • edited April 2019
    They made such a big thing about the crypts being safe I do wonder whether the bodies there will become wights.
    I wouldn't worry too much about a few Starks coming back if this is true..
    Dizzle said:
    ..seeing as the crypts in Kings Landing are full of dragons
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

You really made me week with that! Although next week I think I'll wait for HD, if only because it'll be quite dark and hard to see. 

I wouldn't say the quality of writing has improved - it's just a different part of the story that had a different opportunity to do something. The opening episode of any series/ season has the challenge of setting up the story arc or dealing with exposition (24 was hilariously bad at this every year). This episode allowed for more of what we want to see, but that doesn't mean the first episode was bad in any way! 
    I’ll be honest I watched it again live and it’s always more enjoyable. HBO are always really quick to remove the HD links which is a shame.

Thats very true, i think the hype around the show has caused expectation to reach an all time high amongst the viewers, but I still do find it strange that people are unhappy with last nights, which was a very solid episode.

Next week might be the most excited I’ve been for a TV show ever. 
  • Just seen the trailer for next week.

"The Dead are Already Here" as the title and also a line from Dany - definitely reckon the Starks in the crypt will be reanimated.
  • edited April 2019
    rina said:
    They made such a big thing about the crypts being safe I do wonder whether the bodies there will become wights.
    Dizzle said:
    There are also supposed to be dragon eggs buried under winterfell near the hot springs. Could be the 4th dragon!

Given how many wights it took to pull the dragon out of the lake, I can’t see them having the strength to open their tombs within the crypts. Therefore shouldn’t be a problem. If they do then it's an absolute piss take given one couldn't get out of a wooden box in King's Landing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcpolo said:
    rina said:
    Dizzle said:
    There are also supposed to be dragon eggs buried under winterfell near the hot springs. Could be the 4th dragon!

Given how many wights it took to pull the dragon out of the lake, I can’t see them having the strength to open their tombs within the crypts. Therefore shouldn’t be a problem. If they do then it's an absolute piss take given one couldn't get out of a wooden box in King's Landing. 
    I tend to agree.  And yet I think it'll happen.
  • Also I think Lyanna Mormont will die but it would be brilliant if she turned out to be handy with a sword too.
  • We should create a game.  Choose 5 characters you think will die next week or something.
    Theon
    Brienne
    Mormont
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Gendry
  • Also I think Lyanna Mormont will die but it would be brilliant if she turned out to be handy with a sword too.
    I hope they kill her off, her acting is atrocious. 
  • se9addick said:
    Also I think Lyanna Mormont will die but it would be brilliant if she turned out to be handy with a sword too.
    I hope they kill her off, her acting is atrocious. 
    To be fair, she wasn't even a teenager when the last season was filmed.
  • No spoilers but great episode. Thought last weeks was pretty low key but this mornings was great had a bit of everything  Arya is probably one of my fave characters, will probably watch again later as normal when not sleepy. 
  • All I hope is that they do t ruin the final series by filling it with horse shit love story lines like a two bob soap opera 

I found last nights brilliant entertainment on the laughter scale but come on ffs start killing people 
  • The last episode was an outrage and betrayed everything that game of thrones stood for. HBO should be ashamed. 

No one died, no dragons and they deliberately covered up Ayras boobies. That episode was a 0/10.
    Think we may have limited booby action in this season due to everyone under threat of death. Come on Dany,you know it makes sense,just once more ;)
    nonsense. nothing in the seven kingdoms is capable of killing that girl
  • Sponsored links:

• All I hope is that they do t ruin the final series by filling it with horse shit love story lines like a two bob soap opera 

I found last nights brilliant entertainment on the laughter scale but come on ffs start killing people 
    we've only seen 1 death in the first 2 episodes haven't we? (I know a whole house was wiped out but we didn't see it) they owe us a lot of bodies
  • rina said:
    All I hope is that they do t ruin the final series by filling it with horse shit love story lines like a two bob soap opera 

we've only seen 1 death in the first 2 episodes haven't we? (I know a whole house was wiped out but we didn't see it) they owe us a lot of bodies
    It must be leading up to a huge cull , I sat there thinking you can’t beat the dead with this amount of people so it’s got to be a blood bath where we lose 

so so many good characters very quickly 

grey worm

lady Mormont 

jamie Lannister

Breanne of Tarth 

all to go next week imo 

• Grey Worm will 100% be killed next week. The whole scene with him wanting to take Missandei away set that up

No chance, this is a George RR Martin book. It'll be carnage. "Bittersweet" he was quoted as saying for his version of the ending. 
  • Had a premonition that the ending will be Sam reading from a book - The Game of Thrones 
  • edited April 2019
    The first teaser trailer for S8 released 3 months ago has Jon, Arya and Sansa in the crypts with the air turning cold and foggy as the WW arrive. Which seems to indicate the WW make it down to the crypts or the crypt’s buried bodies become WW. Would be something to have a headless Ned Stark, Robb Stark and other killed off Stark characters wake up from the dead on the side of the Walkers in the next episode. All dead Starks are buried in that crypt. 
  • They made such a big thing about the crypts being safe I do wonder whether the bodies there will become wights.
    The first teaser trailer for S8 released 3 months ago has Jon, Arya and Sansa in the crypts with the air turning cold and foggy as the WW arrive. Which seems to indicate the WW make it down to the crypts or the crypt’s buried bodies become WW. Would be something to have a headless Ned Stark, Robb Stark and other killed off Stark characters wake up from the dead on the side of the Walkers in the next episode. All dead Starks are buried in that crypt. 
    I am sure that the bones are all that is returned to the crypt, the books talk about the treatment of the dead and how only bones are interred.
  • Hard to believe that over the last 3-4 years I’ve come to like Jamie Lannister’s character more than Dany’s. And frankly, trust him more.
  • Yeah they’d have to write a convincing way of the bodies getting out of the tombs they’re sealed in. Might just be creepy enough to have them scratching the doors or something. 

The promo was stylised, not necessarily representative of what’s going to happen. Still, Arya was seen running scared through a crypt so that might mean something next week.