Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Hard to believe that over the last 3-4 years I’ve come to like Jamie Lannister’s character more than Dany’s. And frankly, trust him more.
    That's the good writing.

Think it says a lot that Dany is becoming ruthless and cold while Jamie is becoming considerate and kind.
  • Hard to believe that over the last 3-4 years I’ve come to like Jamie Lannister’s character more than Dany’s. And frankly, trust him more.
    You lot know this isn’t real, right? :-)
  • They made such a big thing about the crypts being safe I do wonder whether the bodies there will become wights.
    The first teaser trailer for S8 released 3 months ago has Jon, Arya and Sansa in the crypts with the air turning cold and foggy as the WW arrive. Which seems to indicate the WW make it down to the crypts or the crypt’s buried bodies become WW. Would be something to have a headless Ned Stark, Robb Stark and other killed off Stark characters wake up from the dead on the side of the Walkers in the next episode. All dead Starks are buried in that crypt. 
    Only question I have about the White Walkers getting to the dead Starks is why arent there more dead people already like that within their ranks?

Why didnt they march past every cemetery and graveyard on their way to Winterfell to get anyone who has ever lived and died (i.e. We've not seen any skeletons marching)

Unless of course they've avoided showing that before now for the dramatic effect
  • They made such a big thing about the crypts being safe I do wonder whether the bodies there will become wights.
    The first teaser trailer for S8 released 3 months ago has Jon, Arya and Sansa in the crypts with the air turning cold and foggy as the WW arrive. Which seems to indicate the WW make it down to the crypts or the crypt’s buried bodies become WW. Would be something to have a headless Ned Stark, Robb Stark and other killed off Stark characters wake up from the dead on the side of the Walkers in the next episode. All dead Starks are buried in that crypt. 
    Only question I have about the White Walkers getting to the dead Starks is why arent there more dead people already like that within their ranks?

Why didnt they march past every cemetery and graveyard on their way to Winterfell to get anyone who has ever lived and died (i.e. We've not seen any skeletons marching)

Unless of course they've avoided showing that before now for the dramatic effect

Well we’ve not really seen much of the raising at all. Just the one scene at Hardhome really, so presumably there’s no reason why that can’t happen. We’ve soon some rickety skeletons in the gang so presumably the NK/ Walkers don’t need much of a body to work with.

Interested to know how nearby the dead need to be. Was there a Walker nearby in season one when those two fellas got resurrected? 
  • rina said:
    Episodes 3 and 5 will be directed by the genius that is Miguel Sapochnik who is responsible for 3 of the 4 GOT episodes to score 9.9 on imdb; those 3 being to top 3 rated episodes of any tv series ever

The man who brought us The Winds of Winter, Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome is not going to disappoint- there will be epic battle scenes with oodles of death
    Sounds wicked! 
  • Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome were both absolutely incredible.
  • I assume there is a window of time that the dead can be raised in - not sure how long this would be technically but once you get to fully decomposed/skeletal stage then you are just too dead. But if you are only recently deceased then it's zombie time. I don't think that the long dead Starks are going to be coming back to life, but possibly more recent casualties of the battle above might just start prowling around the crypts...
  • Really enjoyed the episode. Just goes to show how well done GoT is when you have loads of characters but they're so well developed and the actors do such a good job that I'll be gutted when even 1 of them inevitably dies.
  • This week’s episode: film it all in one dark hall so we can save all the money for the next episode.

cant wait for next week! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I hear in coming episodes that Cersei, when faced with the Walkers, asks the Iron Bank to “take Westeros off her hands” or is willing to consider “creative options” to sell at £70 million pounds, which was a lot of money back then. In the meantime she has still not signed The Mountain to a new contract and with only 4 episodes remaining in the season, fears are that Winterfell may pay up for his services after it is done.
    Haha brilliant!!
  • Dizzle said:
    I think The Night King has taken a separate lot of army and is headed to Kings Landing. Note you didn’t see him at the end. Would be so much more of a statement to have him roll up rather than the other white walkers. 
    This actually seems quite likely although, sad bastard that I am, I just looked at a map of Westeros and it's a bloody long way from the wall to Kings Landing. The dead dragon could do it fast enough but not sure about a hoofin' great army of the dead.
  • No way has the NK skipped past Winterfell, it just isn't how he's worked so far and would make little sense. If he takes out Winterfell he adds to his numbers and it makes the job of taking over KL a much easier task.

I do wonder why he cares not about Essos. They have vast armies that could do well. 

A random theory would be that the NK himself and Viserion burn the fleet of the Gold Company as they sail to assault Winterfell.
  • How would he get his army to Essos? Or even know of its existence
  • Essos can't really do much to him. Their armies aren't any good unless they can sail them across, and by that point he'd have AT LEAST one dragon, possibly more, so it's bye-bye boats. If he did decide to invade, his army are zombies, they'd probably be able to walk across under the water as no drowning for dead people.
  • Essos is like the Eastern Front, huge area to conquer, most haven't even tried as it's too big.

If The Night King wants to wipe out all of mankind you'd have to assume that's his next stop after Westeros.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Essos can't really do much to him. Their armies aren't any good unless they can sail them across, and by that point he'd have AT LEAST one dragon, possibly more, so it's bye-bye boats. If he did decide to invade, his army are zombies, they'd probably be able to walk across under the water as no drowning for dead people.

Have you watched any of the series? The WW have never been able to go underwater etc. they had to wait for it to ice over. They aren't all of a sudden going to be able to walk underwater
  • edited April 2019
    thenewbie said:
    Essos can't really do much to him. Their armies aren't any good unless they can sail them across, and by that point he'd have AT LEAST one dragon, possibly more, so it's bye-bye boats. If he did decide to invade, his army are zombies, they'd probably be able to walk across under the water as no drowning for dead people.

Have you watched any of the series? The WW have never been able to go underwater etc. they had to wait for it to ice over. They aren't all of a sudden going to be able to walk underwater

Except that time they went under water to wrap giant chains around viserion to pull him from the lake. 

They can survive underwater, but they didn't cross the ice as they wouldn't be able to reach Jon and the others on the thicker ice mound.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:

Except that time they went under water to wrap giant chains around viserion to pull him from the lake. 

They can survive underwater, but they didn't cross the ice as they wouldn't be able to reach Jon and the others on the thicker ice mound.

Fair point, although I remember they also didn't jump in the sea when they had the battle with Jon initially so I assume they cannot cross the waters
  • There is Sothoryos to the South too.  

It would be quality if they did a show there, it's all jungle and dessert with monsters, savages and mysteriously abandoned cities.  Basically Game of Thrones crossed with King Kong.  
  • I am a unique human being .. I have NEVER seen an episode of G O T .. I'm considering buying the box set of the first 1,000 series .. Is it worth it ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:

Fair point, although I remember they also didn't jump in the sea when they had the battle with Jon initially so I assume they cannot cross the waters
    I presumed they CAN go under water (c.f. Viserion) but it's not particularly practical, especially if the water is freezing cold 
  • The sex scene was so out of character for Arya that I refuse to accept it was just to 'see what it feels like before death' especially when discussing the WW she had earlier said that she'd met many faces of death and wasn't afraid of this one.

Could be reading far too much in to it, but she seemed very interested in Melisandre collecting Gendry's blood and her interest in Gendry seemed to go up a gear after she discovered that he was Robert Baratheon's bastard.

It could have just been dialogue to reintroduce Melisandre, who was last seen telling Varys that she would go to Westeros to die, but could it be more than that? I imagine Ned Stark's daughter carrying Robert Baratheon's grandchild could be a strong way to unite the seven kingdoms after the war.

And if the ending is bitter sweet - could the death of Melisandre kill Jon in the same way killing the Night King would kill the White Walkers leaving Arya as queen?

Her character is going to be interesting. We were twice reminded not to underestimate her with the dragon glass and archery scene and it could be the first time we've seen her character use her sexuality to manipulate.

There is a queen in there.
  • The sex scene was so out of character for Arya that I refuse to accept it was just to 'see what it feels like before death' especially when discussing the WW she had earlier said that she'd met many faces of death and wasn't afraid of this one.

Could be reading far too much in to it, but she seemed very interested in Melisandre collecting Gendry's blood and her interest in Gendry seemed to go up a gear after she discovered that he was Robert Baratheon's bastard.

It could have just been dialogue to reintroduce Melisandre, who was last seen telling Varys that she would go to Westeros to die, but could it be more than that? I imagine Ned Stark's daughter carrying Robert Baratheon's grandchild could be a strong way to unite the seven kingdoms after the war.

And if the ending is bitter sweet - could the death of Melisandre kill Jon in the same way killing the Night King would kill the White Walkers leaving Arya as queen?

Her character is going to be interesting. We were twice reminded not to underestimate her with the dragon glass and archery scene and it could be the first time we've seen her character use her sexuality to manipulate.

There is a queen in there.
    We didn't get to see her boobies though. 🙁
  • I expect the following to die in the battle at Winterfell in the next episode:

Berric
    Ed Tollet
    Grey Worm
    Davos
    Theon

So no mega shocks, but maybe 

Remember there's four episodes remaining, we need at least two major battles.

One at Winterfell and then another I suspect at a location such as the Eerie where the Starks and remaining survivors retreat to as Winterfell is overpowered. 

I have a very bittersweet theory for the ending that I've kept on the back burner as it is so out there as theories go. 

At a high level, Arya & The Hound survive out of the warriors, EVERY Remaining warrior currently at Winterfell dies.

In addition to this The undead are finished by Arya killing the Night King with her Dragon Glass dagger (off of her spear) which causes all his White Walkers to die along with the whites they each raised. 

She then has to head to Kings Landing to finish her list. The Mountain and Cersei remain and that's the final episode.
    Clegane Bowl followed by Arya killing Cersei.